• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
yeah, my wife and I both grew up in SD and spent our entire working lives there mostly in Electronics/defense and high tech. The place just changed so much we don't recognize it anymore and knew we'd never be able to afford to retire there, so started looking at other states back around 2003. We eventually chose SW CO (4 corners area), and it costs less than 50% of CA. Moved permanently in 2017. I don't want to get any politics involved here so I'll just close out saying you youngsters probably have 2 choices: wait out the housing market for the next crash cycle to buy or look for cheaper locations to live well and retire.

Good Luck on that. :oops:
I left MA a little over 8 years ago for the same reasons. After 50 years the high COL and the weather took its toll on me so I sold my business and bought a house here in AZ. I actually bought it during the downturn when all the foreclosures and shorts sales were going on here. Then after 3 years of going back and forth I pulled the plug for good.

Only problem now is these last 2-3 years everyone from CA has moved here now. 🤦‍♂️ Eventually we'll be looking to move but right now it's still financially smart for me to stay here as it cost me very little to live here right now. The only thing that hurts is our high vehicle insurance and our vehicle tax/sales tax. But the house and main bills are very low so it balances out. I really love your area and we've been to Durango many times. We started our month long trip there last June and had a lot of fun there and will definitely be going back. It's a nice break from our summer heat here.
Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I left MA a little over 8 years ago for the same reasons. After 50 years the high COL and the weather took its toll on me so I sold my business and bought a house here in AZ. I actually bought it during the downturn when all the foreclosures and shorts sales were going on here. Then after 3 years of going back and forth I pulled the plug for good.

Only problem now is these last 2-3 years everyone from CA has moved here now. 🤦‍♂️ Eventually we'll be looking to move but right now it's still financially smart for me to stay here as it cost me very little to live here right now. The only thing that hurts is our high vehicle insurance and our vehicle tax/sales tax. But the house and main bills are very low so it balances out. I really love your area and we've been to Durango many times. We started our month long trip there last June and had a lot of fun there and will definitely be going back. It's a nice break from our summer heat here.
Great minds think alike 😉 We're actually very close to Cortez and Mesa Verde National Park. Still developing and improving our "forever home". There's a lot to like up here, no place is perfect. Looking for a place to escape to for warmer Winters and been eying Golden Valley for some time. Planning to go explore in person once Spring takes hold and I can de-winterise RV and toy box for travel 👍

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I watched the Long McArthur live-stream last night and he mentioned the note about G6 Ranger order-banks opening late April had 'disappeared' from the list this week.

He joked that Ford must have watched his previous stream and pulled that note off of the list. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, with all the stuff that happened around and is still happening with the Bronco.
😏

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I watched the Long McArthur live-stream last night and he mentioned the note about G6 Ranger order-banks opening late April had 'disappeared' from the list this week.

He joked that Ford must have watched his previous stream and pulled that note off of the list. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, with all the stuff that happened around and is still happening with the Bronco.
😏
I wonder if they pulled it because they didn't want it leaked or will there be a delay? More than likely they didn't want it leaked which I don't know why they're trying to be so secretive about it. It's not like the 6G will pull sales from the 5G because that order bank has been closed for a month now. Besides many who were on the fence and saw the 6G pics ran out and ordered up a 5G. 😂

The only thing I'd be concerned about is they way they're trying to clean out all the back Bronco orders. This could take a lot of parts away from the Ranger and we'll see limited builds or builds missing certain packages. Chevy has had this notation on their build site since it opened and hopefully this won't be the case with the Ranger.

Due to current supply-chain shortages, certain features shown have limited or late availability, or are no longer available. See the window label or dealer regarding the features on an individual vehicle. Preproduction model may be shown throughout this experience. Actual production model may vary.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I wonder if they pulled it because they didn't want it leaked or will there be a delay? More than likely they didn't want it leaked which I don't know why they're trying to be so secretive about it. It's not like the 6G will pull sales from the 5G because that order bank has been closed for a month now. Besides many who were on the fence and saw the 6G pics ran out and ordered up a 5G. 😂

The only thing I'd be concerned about is they way they're trying to clean out all the back Bronco orders. This could take a lot of parts away from the Ranger and we'll see limited builds or builds missing certain packages. Chevy has had this notation on their build site since it opened and hopefully this won't be the case with the Ranger.
We'll see what happens in the next 6 days. The latest information with the March 7th COVP your order or else deadline approaching is that 28% of the 37,000 remaining legacy Bronco orders have NOT be COVP'd yet and will get erased from the system come March 8th.

I'm going to say a good chunk of those were duplicate orders by current order holders trying to game the system and get an earlier build date and canceled orders Dealerships kept in hopes of getting a loaded higher trim to slap a high ADM on and sell off the lot.

The rest are people who have Dealers that are uninformed and didn't COVP properly or they just don't care about their order anymore.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
From first post in this thread... FDNB = Fleet Distribution News Bulletin.

I hope they plan on "announcing" these new trucks prior to opening the order banks. Getting close now if April 17 holds. Sure would be nice to know what I am getting before placing an order. :)

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor, '13 Focus ST
Occupation
Sales

Luckily Ford did get the '23 Tremor built while all of this 6G release date confusion is going on. While I hate it for the folks anxiously waiting for the 6G, life from the perspective of my garage is a beautiful thing.
:like:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Luckily Ford did get the '23 Tremor built while all of this 6G release date confusion is going on. While I hate it for the folks anxiously waiting for the 6G, life from the perspective of my garage is a beautiful thing.
:like:
Have you made back into the house to sleep yet? Or is your wife feeding you your meals in the garage still ?😂

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Much of the same story in Charlotte, NC… almost no 5G Rangers in local dealership lots. Went to Tindol Ford in Gastonia, NC on Saturday. They only had one new factory built Ranger but they did have 5 or 6 Roush Ranger builds for those willing to part with a bunch of extra coin.

I’m still hopeful a SuperCrew/longbed 6G Ranger will be offered. Would love that configuration in a Tremor package too. One can dream, right? I suspect we’ll all know more in the next 6 weeks before the order books open??? My ‘02 F-150 SuperCrew (bought new) is tired and after banking a monthly truck payment to myself the last 5 1/2 years, I’m more than ready!!!

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Yeah but they're only publishing what they read here. lol They did this a lot with the Bronco. These so called journalists just scour the forums then either make YouTube videos or write what they see on them. I won't believe anything until I hear it straight from Ford. Even then it's always subject to change.

The bulletin, uncovered by the guys over at the Ranger6G forum, adds that orders for the 2023 model year Ranger will close on March 23, 2023. Word of the order books opening in six weeks and production commencing in July comes roughly a month after a pair of images of the U.S.-specification Ranger leaked online.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Yeah but they're only publishing what they read here. lol They did this a lot with the Bronco. These so called journalists just scour the forums then either make YouTube videos or write what they see on them. I won't believe anything until I hear it straight from Ford. Even then it's always subject to change.
Lol, damn so we are the source of the news? That is funny, yet disturbing at the same time.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Lol, damn so we are the source of the news? That is funny, yet disturbing at the same time.
I think forums sometimes have better info then a lot of places. There's many here from all different areas and you can get info from different sources too. Not all is good info but most tunes out to be pretty accurate. It's always nice when you have an inside source like someone working at MAP. My dealer (who's the owner) back east where I'll most likely be getting mine from told me to call him if I hear any news because sometimes they're the last to know. lol
Sponsored