Sponsored

Recent content by Tim_AK

  1. How do you travel with your traction boards?

    I feel that having things bouncing around a crowded bed is annoying, especially over hundreds of miles of crummy northern roads. Mine are mounted to the inside roof of my smartcap using sea sucker mounts. I like all my gear hidden, and this is using an otherwise useless location.
  2. How do you travel with your traction boards?

    I feel the opposite. Rarely had to use a winch to get myself out, and found using a shovel and throwing a couple boards down was often enough and definitely quicker….. they have also been helpful winching out verrrrrry stuck vehicles I’ve encountered. Then again, I live in Alaska, and sometimes...
  3. Tim’s Alaska Ranger Raptor Build + Adventures

    Was up in Denali National Park this weekend for a quick gravel bike ride, only rode 40 miles due to a bear attack on another cyclist that had NPS Rangers turning people around. My wife and I got some pizza at the entrance to the park, came out to find a brother raptor parked behind me. Love to...
  4. What portable power station do you carry?

    I use a goal zero yeti 500x. I have it plugged into the bed port in my RR (inside a smartcap). I then plug my dometic fridge into it. I’ve used it for up to 10 days at a time, it generally hovers around 90% charge by the end of a driving day, drops to 60%ish over night (the temperature doesn’t...
  5. New Product: IAG Trail Shield™ Lower Trailing Arm Mount Skid Plates for 2024+ Ranger Raptor

    It’s not the shape of the skids themselves, it’s that if you look at these skids they wrap around the entire box of the frame, and the problem is that right there is also where the sliders mount and also wrap around the frame. The RCI sliders are incredibly stout and line up perfect. The IAG...
  6. New Product: IAG Trail Shield™ Lower Trailing Arm Mount Skid Plates for 2024+ Ranger Raptor

    They’ll need some real cutting if I choose to keep them. The fit and everything (if stock) and install seemed easy. But my sliders cover too much of the frame right there.
  7. New Product: IAG Trail Shield™ Lower Trailing Arm Mount Skid Plates for 2024+ Ranger Raptor

    Actually picked these up as soon as I saw this since it is an area I’ve taken some hits in rocky terrain… very happy upon opening them, less happy when I saw they wouldn’t fit with my RCI mounted sliders! Should noticed ahead of time…
  8. Tim’s Alaska Ranger Raptor Build + Adventures

    I had some questions about how I mounted my traction boards inside the smartcap. Due to the desire for flexibility, I got some sea sucker traction board mounts. Then I mounted them to the ceiling of the smartcap. They hold surprisingly well. Every week or so I give the suction cup buttons a...
  9. Tim’s Alaska Ranger Raptor Build + Adventures

    Some nice weather out on the beach this weekend.
  10. Tim’s Alaska Ranger Raptor Build + Adventures

    Did 600 miles last weekend, 115 miles or so of which was dirt. Some trails but nothing requiring more than 4 high. Truck does great as a long distance remote travel vehicle. Got about 17 mpg with a tent on the roof (the same as I got doing 3000 miles to Hyder AK and back). Can even open it up...
  11. How are you guys liking your KO3's? Got a set coming....

    Mine are not loud at 10k. Handle the road just fine. But I wheel a lot and would pick something more realistic if I didn’t do it much. I run them year round on my truck in Alaska and it does pretty well on snow up here. This is my second set of KO3s, and I’ve had 4 sets of KO2s. The KO3s are...
  12. Tim’s Alaska Ranger Raptor Build + Adventures

    They’re 1/4”, so a tad over 6mm. Happy with them so far.
  13. Tim’s Alaska Ranger Raptor Build + Adventures

    Just did a first real test in more technical rocks. Nothing crazy, but high likelihood of kissing skids. On a super rainy day we did 10 miles total yes trail to see how the truck did. Messed around with the drive modes, it was fun seeing how little you need 4LO in a vehicle with this much...
  14. Tim’s Alaska Ranger Raptor Build + Adventures

    I measured the space between the stock coils, and that spacing turned out to match part number CSS-1125. Honestly the installation took me under 10 minutes. I have two ramps and put one on the opposing front and rear wheel, drove the vehicle up onto it which flexed the rear suspension and...
  15. Tim’s Alaska Ranger Raptor Build + Adventures

    That’s good to know! No issues so far, but the snow is finally off the bigger mountain trails so I’m excited to test them out aired down in rougher terrain soon.



Top