I briefly had a Maverick before upgrading to the Ranger. The Maverick is a great little truck if you live in the city, but I felt the 2.0 EcoBoost motor was gutless when driving in the mountains - which there is a lot of in my region of the country. The one thing I'm eternally jealous of the...
I'm not sure how often the navigation is updated, but I know mine misses some developments in my town that have been in place for 2+ years. However, we did recently have a speed limit change on a major road going out of town and that was updated within days of the change taking effect.
I think aux switch is the most logical for that location. I could also see a toll pass holder being useful for people who live in areas where toll roads are a thing.
Thankfully I live in the high desert so we don't get a ton of rain here 😀
Yup, mine came folded in thirds as opposed to rolled. You would think they would discount the old style to just clear the inventory rather than having the customer play the lottery if they get the improved version or...
I had been going back and fourth between getting a drop in liner or spray in liner since I got my Ranger about 4 months ago. After reading some of the chatter on this forum, I went a different direction and decided to do a bed mat instead. Initially I was looking at the Michelin one from...
It is my understanding that the Ford branded window shades are just rebranded Covercraft shades. I saved a bit of money by just buying from Covercraft directly instead of the Ford branded version. Although my wife just has a cheap reflective fabric one like @STEVE_K linked. I feel like it does...
The problem with using older vehicles as a daily driver is that as time goes on it becomes more and more difficult (and therefore more expensive) to maintain. I'd put dollars to donuts that Mike Glover and Tucker Carlson have individual net worths exponentially higher than any user on this...
I've been looking at getting one of these in lieu of a spray-in liner. How would you describe the texture of the TPE material? Is it like rubber or more of a hard plastic? Do you think it'll survive direct exposure to sunlight in the summer or do you think it will melt or start to curl?
The Ranger is the best selling car in Australia. Not the best selling truck, the best selling vehicle overall. In New Zealand, England, Ireland, and mainland Europe; the Ranger is the best selling truck. The Ranger absolutely dominates truck sales outside of the US.
On the highway I'll be in normal mode. Off the highway/around town I'll do eco mode. I find that eco mode feels a little gutless on the highway, esspecially if I'm trying to pass someone at high speed.
Just filled up with mid grade (89 octane) for $5.25 this morning. Regular is sitting between $5.03 and $5.10 depending on what gas station in town you visit.
I've been less than pleased with my Husky mats. In my old car I spent the money on TuxMats and was really pleased with their coverage. I decided to try something a bit cheaper when I got my Ranger and went with the Husky mats. Firstly, when they arrived one of clips from the pins on the driver...
Are there any pictures of them installed in a Ranger? I'm ready to pull the trigger on these to replace my Husky floor mats, but I want to see the fitment before I buy. I've been happy with the LASFIT mats in my wife's car and it's between those and these right now.
When I was looking for a mid-sized truck, I didn't even bother with GM because they were insanely priced and seemed like they were trying to be luxury vehicles rather than utility vehicles. I crossed Toyota off the list the moment I saw prices on the Tacoma. I was looking really closely at the...
I would absolutely try them if offered. I initially bought a pair of Husky Weatherbeaters and have been less than impressed with them. I've actually been considering doing a write up about my crap experience with Husky to caution other users.
Ford considers the engine break-in period to be 1,000 miles. I think that is a pretty fair assessment for letting the engine "get comfortable" so to speak. I'm just a few miles shy of 5,000 on my Ranger and it still feels brand new to me. My last new car was a 2022 Subaru and that still felt...
That's a lot of conjecture. I would love for it to be true, but we don't really know for sure what Ford is cooking up behind the scenes. The F-100 thing hasn't been confirmed. Online speculators have been wrong before; look at the recent announcement of the Ford Fathom - which many online...
Do you have a source for this? Everything I've read has said that a hybrid and super duty Ranger are (at least currently) off the table for Ford in the USA. Jim Farley has said though that he wants every model to offer a hybrid powertrain. I won't give up hope!