Sponsored

Search results

  1. Has anyone installed a Fumoto Oil drain plug in a 2.3? (See my photos)

    Hmm, I think that one has an O-ring where it seals against the pan. I would remove the valve and check it. Other valves have a blue gasket, like this one.
  2. Has anyone installed a Fumoto Oil drain plug in a 2.3? (See my photos)

    Was the valve itself leaking or where it screws into the pan? Been using them for years. I had one on my 5G Ranger and we have two vehicles with them now. No issues. My current Ranger won't get one because of the plastic oil pan. It got a UPR valve.
  3. Over the air update last night, wonky first start

    I picked my truck up end of June. It's a May 2026 build. No recalls and as far as I can tell it has not had any OTA updates.
  4. CAM PHASERS

    Huh! I knew the 3.5L EB had an issue with cam phasers but was not aware the 2.7L did too.
  5. Another desert and camping trip

    Lol! Funny you mention that. Every time I start my little Honda generator I think of that movie.
  6. Thinking Of Trading UP To An F-150

    I had a 23 F-150 4x4 Rattler for a while. Nice truck. Comfortable on road trips. Very quick with the 3.5L EB engine. I didn't like driving it. Thing felt huge. It was a PITA in parking lots not to mention parking garages. Would barely fit in my garage and took up a lot of room while in...
  7. Another desert and camping trip

    Yep, I'm about 60 miles east of Reno. These pics were taken in the area of Fairview Peak near the Navy bombing range. Abandoned mines are all over the place. Unfortunately the Navy is going to be withdrawing public access to a lot of this area.
  8. Got steel wheels on my XLT -- from Bronco Big Bend Black Diamond Edition

    These are SL, 115T rated, max load 2679 lbs. They are a deep lug tire, pretty heavy so I figure they should hold up. Mileage warranty is same as the Wildpeaks at 55,000 miles. I also have a set on my TJ Wrangler and like them a lot.
  9. Another desert and camping trip

    Yea, obvious why I bought this color. Love it so far. Thanks! Old miner's shacks, probably from the 50s to 70s. There were a couple of adits and a vertical shaft in the area but they were collapsed and not accessible.
  10. Another desert and camping trip

    Weather is about perfect so I hauled my trailer out for a night and explored an old mine site. It was a great day.
  11. Got steel wheels on my XLT -- from Bronco Big Bend Black Diamond Edition

    Not sure. I'm actually okay with the chrome lug nuts. One of those things I didn't think about until you mentioned it.
  12. K03 wear issue - bad alignment, suspension issue, or tire?

    I believe the first thing I would do is get an alignment from a quality shop that knows what they're doing. I've had good luck at Goodyear. I had the local Ford dealer do an alignment on an F-150 I had. They completely screwed it up. As far as tires I've had 3 sets of Falken Wildpeaks over...
  13. What Molle Panels?

    Thanks for suggesting AAL Gents. Just got off their website. AAL has moved to the top of the list.
  14. What Molle Panels?

    Hi Folks, Anyone put Molle panels in their Ranger yet? What brand did you choose, experience? I'm thinking of Molle panels in my Ranger to haul Rotopax containers, an axe, shovel etc. When I haul my trailer out in the desert a few more gallons of gas would be nice. I had BuiltRight panels in...
  15. 2.7L......Can you hear your turbo?

    I'm going to amend what I posted earlier. Seems I can hear the turbos at times. Mostly when backing off the throttle for a turn, etc.
  16. What oil will you be running after your 1st oil change?

    Old thread but what the heck. This is what went into my XLT at 712 miles. I'll continue using it with 5K mile OCIs. Meets Ford spec and is a darn good oil. Occasionally I'll post a Used Oil Analysis.
  17. What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽

    Yesterday, Installed steel wheels with Falken Rubitrek tires.
  18. Eibach Struts Installed!

    Hi Gents. For those wanting to see the steelie wheels on my truck, got them installed today. I put some pics up in the appropriate forum.
  19. Got steel wheels on my XLT -- from Bronco Big Bend Black Diamond Edition

    I've mentioned in other posts that I prefer steel wheels, especially for off road use. I finally got them put on today. The wheels are off a Bronco Big Bend Black Diamond edition. Tires are Falken Rubitrek 265/70R17. TPMS sensors are Ford Performance kit M-1180-E. The little learning tool...
  20. Camper Trailer recommendations

    My Ranger hauls this R-Pod 171 with no issues. Gross weight is 3,250 pounds. This is the majority of my type of camping.



Top