• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER
With the Maverick in the fold I think the Ranger will grow a bit so you may get your wish.
I like the new frontend, and I am also hoping that, with the Maverick holding down the small end of things, Ford engineers will feel free to move the Ranger up in size a bit. I am all in favor or a bit more room in Rangers of the Future--so long as they stay South of the 150s!
Sponsored

kubeanie

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 ford focus
Occupation
truck driver
seen this in 2019 from jalopnik though it could have been the maveric but i think it is the ranger.

Ford Ranger ? 2023 Ranger Spied in XLT, FX4, Wildtrak Trims!!! leaked-images-show-o-2_800x0w

Ford Ranger ? 2023 Ranger Spied in XLT, FX4, Wildtrak Trims!!! 2021_ford_ranger_concept_rear.JPG

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
seen this in 2019 from jalopnik though it could have been the maveric but i think it is the ranger.

leaked-images-show-o-2_800x0w.jpg

2021_ford_ranger_concept_rear.JPG
Unless corrected by Ford or Ford Authority, this is definitely the Ranger. However, I wonder if this was a full sized mock up to show the overall design language for the Maverick and the Ranger. I say that because the turn signals inside the double bar and it's overall front proportions match closer to the Maverick while the rest resembles the leaked Maverick picture in this thread. Does anyone know if car companies do that: create a mock up that highlights the general design themes of a family of vehicles?

kubeanie

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 ford focus
Occupation
truck driver
Unless corrected by Ford or Ford Authority, this is definitely the Ranger. However, I wonder if this was a full sized mock up to show the overall design language for the Maverick and the Ranger. I say that because the turn signals inside the double bar and it's overall front proportions match closer to the Maverick while the rest resembles the leaked Maverick picture in this thread. Does anyone know if car companies do that: create a mock up that highlights the general design themes of a family of vehicles?
there is a ford fusion wagon (subaru legacy competitor)one also form like 2 yrs ago

got from same source

Ford Ranger ? 2023 Ranger Spied in XLT, FX4, Wildtrak Trims!!! 770

Ford Ranger ? 2023 Ranger Spied in XLT, FX4, Wildtrak Trims!!! 761

Ford Ranger ? 2023 Ranger Spied in XLT, FX4, Wildtrak Trims!!! 750

Ford Ranger ? 2023 Ranger Spied in XLT, FX4, Wildtrak Trims!!! 762

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
That was a leak out of Australia of the clay model. Caused a huge amount of drama in Ford here locally apparently, they reportedly made some changes to the design as a result (headlights etc).

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Maverick has more usable interior space than the 5G ranger... If 6G grows a bit to change things that's a ok with me. :)
Unlikely to happen, the new Ranger is a heavy overhaul of the current model. The dimensions won't change much.

OP
OP

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
That was a leak out of Australia of the clay model. Caused a huge amount of drama in Ford here locally apparently, they reportedly made some changes to the design as a result (headlights etc).
I know you said "reportedly", but has that part about Ford tweaking the design because of the leak true? It seems really silly for Ford to do that, especially since the Bronco Sport's design was leaked way before it's reveal. Clay models, while very polished, are still not concrete final designs. Ford finally showed the Bronco and Sport clays, and while the overall design is set, tweaks were still made since then.

I honestly think Ford tweak the Ranger front since the clay model's cool looking front is a bit impractical for headlights. Also, that front bumper will most likely be changed to match the 2-piece design in North America.

Sponsored

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Unlikely to happen, the new Ranger is a heavy overhaul of the current model. The dimensions won't change much.
By grow a bit I mean i expect a change in the 1" range not in wheelbase or length but in usable interior space.

OP
OP

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Hi guys. First off, I'm new here and I figured I wanna join in the discussion.

The one on the far left is the XLT, middle is FX4 and on the right is the Wildtrak.

Ford Ranger ? 2023 Ranger Spied in XLT, FX4, Wildtrak Trims!!! 2023-ford-ranger-xlt-fx4-wildtrak-
You have found the best picture of the Ranger. And I gotta say, I'm really, really, really liking the look of the new Ranger. It literally looks like a mini SuperDuty.

And btw, welcome to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri