Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Well I guess we can tell that the screen is going to be similar to the Tundra in the way it appears to be sticking up in the corner of the picture, however I'm not sure I understand this option. Are there a lot of people who would use this? Not really sure. I guess I could see camping or something that might be a nice but don't see going to the peaceful quiet and blaring music.

I do know a friends son will think this is really cool. I just hope just as much engineering and thought went into the rest of the cab

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Another $600 option that no one is going to buy. I would argue that most people who would use a BT speaker already have one as part of their gear.

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
This is the JBL FLEX speaker by the way.. seems they're leaning heavy into overlanding.

But will the speaker do tricks like the Rivian speaker / portable lantern :LOL:

2024 Tacoma 04/25 Teaser: 2024 Tacoma has removable JBL bluetooth speaker option + dash/truck bed previewed IMG_8895-1024x768

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Long time lurker of this forum, finally decided to join. Next truck going to be either a Ranger Raptor or a 24 Tacoma.

What exterior color is this you all reckon?
Seems to be the same color in the other teaser with the headlight. Seems to be a new color, kind of a bronze.

Maybe in about 6 months we will know what the actual colors are. :LOL:

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another $600 option that no one is going to buy. I would argue that most people who would use a BT speaker already have one as part of their gear.
To me it is a gimmick, as I would figure that most people would already have one. I could see how it would be nice to have it built in like this if it was something a particular buyer would interested in, but for me personally I wouldn't use it.

2024 Tacoma 04/25 Teaser: 2024 Tacoma has removable JBL bluetooth speaker option + dash/truck bed previewed Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 8.33.38 PM

2024 Tacoma 04/25 Teaser: 2024 Tacoma has removable JBL bluetooth speaker option + dash/truck bed previewed Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 8.33.38 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Steelhead

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Actually looked a little bit forward to this Tuesday’s teaser while enjoying my morning coffee, that won’t happen again .sure hope Toyota doesn’t turn this truck into a gimmicky gen4

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
What are the chances of that speaker going flying around the cab during an accident?

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are the chances of that speaker going flying around the cab during an accident?
Seems like it has an 'eject' button so maybe there is something holding it in place that wouldn't allow it to do that with a mild to moderate accident

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Well I guess we can tell that the screen is going to be similar to the Tundra in the way it appears to be sticking up in the corner of the picture,
:sick: I figured as much, but was holding out a glimmer of hope it wasn't going to be that way. The rest of the truck is going to have to be exceptional for me to overlook that. I absolutely hate the stick-on screen trend. Makes the whole dash look like an afterthought.

2024 Tacoma 04/25 Teaser: 2024 Tacoma has removable JBL bluetooth speaker option + dash/truck bed previewed 2024 Tacoma production start copy

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:sick: I figured as much, but was holding out a glimmer of hope it wasn't going to be that way. The rest of the truck is going to have to be exceptional for me to overlook that. I absolutely hate the stick-on screen trend. Makes the whole dash look like an afterthought.
Yeah I really dislike that trend as well..... I wouldn't be fond of it, but it wouldn't be a deal killer for me.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Perhaps the Tacoma will also have a standard and large infotainment, like the Tundra/Sequoia.
Sponsored