Sponsored

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
I just finished a road trip a little more than 1,000 miles in my Underground 2024 TRD Off-Road in Underground w/ Blackout Package. Here are some takeaways.

The adaptive cruise control and active lane assists work amazing. I did not find the system ping-ponging within the lane and there were few noticable mistakes. It occasionally tries to make you take the offramp, but this is game changing for driver fatigue. The system does require a hand on the wheel every 15 seconds or so.

The seats and interior are not anything special, from a comfort standpoint. I find that a full sized Ram 1500 or f150 XLT often have seats that feel like lazy boy recliners. I didn't have any pains, numb legs, or discomfort. Comfort just wasn't noticable.

The new suspension is much more comfortable than old leaf springs. My girlfriend often got car sick when we took long trips in my previous truck. Minimal sway and minimal bumps. The brakes felt reassuring and truck stable at high speeds.

There is slight turbo lag when driving in the city. The truck is quick enough to get around.

The range is disappointing. I am only getting around 250 miles per tank (a full tank reads 275miles). I think the truck leaves 3 gallons of gas in reserve that are not counted in your range. My prior f150 had 450 miles in range.

I was very disappointed in my trucks mpg, especially after watching the TFL video. Averaging around 85mph, the truck got 17.5mpg. I did a 150 mile trip at 75 mph and the truck got 20.3mpg.

Overall I'm happy with the truck. There isn't a truck out there that meets my needs better for under 50k. I'm happy to answer any questions.
Sponsored

Garemz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
Do you have the premium package with upgraded seats?

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
275 on a full tank are you sure your calculating everything correctly?
Yeah, something doesn’t add up. 17.5 mpg with 18.7 gallon tank should give you 327 miles of range.

275 mile range would be 14.7 mpg.

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
I think the OP is using the estimated miles reading after loading the tank. This is just the predicted miles left based on your average mpg.

Everyone should be using the odometer for the correct miles driven, or reset your trip reading when you fill up to calculate an mpg.

OP
OP

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
275 on a full tank are you sure your calculating everything correctly?
My Tacoma predicts 275 miles on a full tank of gas in the dashboard screen. I am recording my actual mileage on the odometer and how much gas I have been filling.

The estimated mpg per my Tacoma screen is 17.8mpg.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
I'm not really that surprised that the mileage sucks if you are averaging 85mph. That is much higher than the EPA testing, and the aerodynamic load at that speed is substantially higher than 70mph which is more in line with what I think TFL was typically doing in their video.

Holdntight

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
What are you getting for regular city non-highway driving?

Are you coming from a 3g tacoma i forgot.

AlexT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
17.5mpg is pretty respectable for a truck at 85mph, slow down to 70 and you'll probably get the EPA estimates. How many gallons are you putting in after 250 miles? It seems like every vehicle estimates miles remaining differently. My Jeep reserves about 3 gallons, but my Mustang is practically at 0 when it says 0!

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I saw the gas tank is 18.1 or 18.2 so quite a bit smaller than the 3rd gen. I plan to try and go 350 miles on a tank. I average about 19 city in my 2023.

OP
OP

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
13-14 gallons per fill up. The computer range left is 20-30 miles.

17.5mpg is pretty respectable for a truck at 85mph, slow down to 70 and you'll probably get the EPA estimates. How many gallons are you putting in after 250 miles? It seems like every vehicle estimates miles remaining differently. My Jeep reserves about 3 gallons, but my Mustang is practically at 0 when it says 0!

OP
OP

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
What are you getting for regular city non-highway driving?

Are you coming from a 3g tacoma i forgot.
I'm coming from a 2009 F-150. I've put over 1200 highway miles and under 100 city miles. I can't comment on city mpg

memofor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I've only driven 200 miles in my longest trip thus far but my impressions are very similar. (I have a 2024 TRD Off-Road) I think the seats are going to be a dirt magnet and I will be looking into getting seat covers. I also agree with the gas tank size does not help with range. Way to small gas tank but I still love my truck.
Sponsored