Sponsored

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
Good morning .... So, I picked up my Windchill Pearl Long Box 2024 Tacoma Sport Premium on Wednesday afternoon. (Canadian specs)

My most important priority is getting a tonneau cover. There was a place in Mississauga that said they had a tonneau cover for a 2024. I was skeptical but thought I would take a chance because they were confident it was ok. No big deal, I wanted to go for a tour in my new baby anyway so what was the harm. Well, not even close so I will have to wait until there is something designed specifically for the 2024 Tacoma. That was disappointing! Nothing to do with the Tacoma itself, I felt it drove nice, It had more than enough power for what I need.

The tech is something that I will need to get more acquainted to, there is a lot to learn for an old fella like me.

The JBL Bluetooth speaker to me seems a little overpowering while its in the vehicle, there may be too much sound coming from the centre. I had a Camry XSE with the upgraded JBL system and I was able to turn off the surround mode. The manual for the Tacoma shows that there is an option to do this as well however, there is no option in the setting to do this. I was able to somewhat fix this by fading the speakers toward the back. I have not tried the JBL portable speaker yet. I have a JBL Boombox for the cottage so this speaker will be great for the golf cart.

There was a few loose options included when I picked the truck up. 3 pigtails for the Aux switches, 2 bags with 1 in one and 2 in the other. A full set of rubber winter floor mats and a full set of the nicer carpeted ones, embroidered with Tacoma TRD Sport. Also, a hitch receiver, a 2 inch ball and a set of 4 bed cleats.

Thursday morning we headed up to our cottage, approximately a 180 km drive (112 miles) There was a heavy snow forecast for most of southern Ontario. The truck drove beautifully, the adaptive cruise and lane centering works very well. I was able to achieve 9.7 l/100kms according to the dashboard fuel economy. (24.24 mpg us gallons, 29.12 mpg imperial gallons) Our trip started in a large city, mostly hiway driving but there was 5 small towns we drove through. The last 15 kms or so was in 4WD HI as we were on some very snow covered roads.

The rear of the truck was very snow covered and the sensors and cameras were showing as unavailable when we arrived.

I have read posts about the glove box having some play when closed, as far as I'm concerned, yes it does but not an issue for me. It did not rattle or do anything to make me notice.

The card key works perfectly and is actually quite nice because you can't even feel it in your pocket.

Remote start / lock works as it should. I have not tried the digital key.

The Canadian spec does not include the power tailgate but does include the easy open / lift and it works very well. I don't think the power would be that much of an improvement. It also does not include the digital rear view mirror which would be nice although I wonder how often the lens would get too dirty and you need to switch it back to regular, I'll get over it quickly.

I'm sure there is more I am forgetting about and will update later. It is very cold out so I haven't taken any videos and only a few pictures, not to mention the truck is now very snow and ice covered.

Overall, I am very happy so far. I have never owned a truck before, it has been a dream for me for many years. I recently retired and this is my happy retirement present to myself, I finally bought with my heart leading instead of my head. I will be perfect for cottage life.

If there is anything specific anyone wants to know or see pics of please ask.

2024 Tacoma 1st impressions 2024 TRD Sport Premium Canadian Spec Windchill Pearl 20240214_174238

2024 Tacoma 1st impressions 2024 TRD Sport Premium Canadian Spec Windchill Pearl Windchill Pearl 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport

2024 Tacoma 1st impressions 2024 TRD Sport Premium Canadian Spec Windchill Pearl 20240215_104757

2024 Tacoma 1st impressions 2024 TRD Sport Premium Canadian Spec Windchill Pearl 20240215_131244

2024 Tacoma 1st impressions 2024 TRD Sport Premium Canadian Spec Windchill Pearl 20240215_132406

2024 Tacoma 1st impressions 2024 TRD Sport Premium Canadian Spec Windchill Pearl 20240216_074212

2024 Tacoma 1st impressions 2024 TRD Sport Premium Canadian Spec Windchill Pearl 20240216_074326

2024 Tacoma 1st impressions 2024 TRD Sport Premium Canadian Spec Windchill Pearl IMG-20240215-WA0008
Sponsored

OP
OP

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good morning .... So, I picked up my Windchill Pearl Long Box 2024 Tacoma Sport Premium on Wednesday afternoon. (Canadian specs)

My most important priority is getting a tonneau cover. There was a place in Mississauga that said they had a tonneau cover for a 2024. I was skeptical but thought I would take a chance because they were confident it was ok. No big deal, I wanted to go for a tour in my new baby anyway so what was the harm. Well, not even close so I will have to wait until there is something designed specifically for the 2024 Tacoma. That was disappointing! Nothing to do with the Tacoma itself, I felt it drove nice, It had more than enough power for what I need.

The tech is something that I will need to get more acquainted to, there is a lot to learn for an old fella like me.

The JBL Bluetooth speaker to me seems a little overpowering while its in the vehicle, there may be too much sound coming from the centre. I had a Camry XSE with the upgraded JBL system and I was able to turn off the surround mode. The manual for the Tacoma shows that there is an option to do this as well however, there is no option in the setting to do this. I was able to somewhat fix this by fading the speakers toward the back. I have not tried the JBL portable speaker yet. I have a JBL Boombox for the cottage so this speaker will be great for the golf cart.

There was a few loose options included when I picked the truck up. 3 pigtails for the Aux switches, 2 bags with 1 in one and 2 in the other. A full set of rubber winter floor mats and a full set of the nicer carpeted ones, embroidered with Tacoma TRD Sport. Also, a hitch receiver, a 2 inch ball and a set of 4 bed cleats.

Thursday morning we headed up to our cottage, approximately a 180 km drive (112 miles) There was a heavy snow forecast for most of southern Ontario. The truck drove beautifully, the adaptive cruise and lane centering works very well. I was able to achieve 9.7 l/100kms according to the dashboard fuel economy. (24.24 mpg us gallons, 29.12 mpg imperial gallons) Our trip started in a large city, mostly hiway driving but there was 5 small towns we drove through. The last 15 kms or so was in 4WD HI as we were on some very snow covered roads.

The rear of the truck was very snow covered and the sensors and cameras were showing as unavailable when we arrived.

I have read posts about the glove box having some play when closed, as far as I'm concerned, yes it does but not an issue for me. It did not rattle or do anything to make me notice.

The card key works perfectly and is actually quite nice because you can't even feel it in your pocket.

Remote start / lock works as it should. I have not tried the digital key.

The Canadian spec does not include the power tailgate but does include the easy open / lift and it works very well. I don't think the power would be that much of an improvement. It also does not include the digital rear view mirror which would be nice although I wonder how often the lens would get too dirty and you need to switch it back to regular, I'll get over it quickly.

I'm sure there is more I am forgetting about and will update later. It is very cold out so I haven't taken any videos and only a few pictures, not to mention the truck is now very snow and ice covered.

Overall, I am very happy so far. I have never owned a truck before, it has been a dream for me for many years. I recently retired and this is my happy retirement present to myself, I finally bought with my heart leading instead of my head. I will be perfect for cottage life.

If there is anything specific anyone wants to know or see pics of please ask.

20240214_174238.jpg

20240215_104757.jpg

20240215_131244.jpg

20240215_132406.jpg

20240216_074212.jpg

20240216_074326.jpg

IMG-20240215-WA0008.jpeg
I will be filling the truck up when we head back home and get back. I will report on actual fuel economy on both fill ups

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Awesome looking truck. Did you find that the headlights get warm enough to melt the snow off the lens in those driving conditions? I've read that can be an issue with some LEDs.

OP
OP

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks... We've had LED lights on a few vehicles now and no they don't get hot enough to really melt ice. They do give of a little bit of heat but nowhere close to the old style

OP
OP

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the bed have any drain holes for a future bed cover?
I didn't notice that. The box is full of snow now and I will clear out and check in the next few hours and let you know

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Check to see if its a small hole near the cab by the tie downs. That's the only place in videos that I haven't gotten a good view.

OP
OP

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JBL speaker
Check to see if its a small hole near the cab by the tie downs. That's the only place in videos that I haven't gotten a
good view.
I had a look but there's too much ice in the corners. There is a hole just off centre (see pictures)

2024 Tacoma 1st impressions 2024 TRD Sport Premium Canadian Spec Windchill Pearl 20240216_122227

2024 Tacoma 1st impressions 2024 TRD Sport Premium Canadian Spec Windchill Pearl 20240216_122249

Gonefishing

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Nice truck & pics. Thanks for sharing. Let us know how you get on with the tonneau cover when you get.

We also came up to the cottage (north of Buckhorn) from Toronto yesterday in the same weather but minus the Taco :( I'm holding out for the '24 TRD PRO so likely another 8-10mths by all indications but that's ok. Also, never owned a truck & am retiring next year so, like you, an early retirement gift. Isn't it grand to be able to go with the ❤ instead of the 🧠! Thinking of the ice cap and wondering how that compares to the windchill pearl.

Couldn't agree more, perfect for cottage life. Enjoy!!

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Wow! Nice truck. Looks very nice. I have a question about the tonneau cover. Were you going with the Bison? They told me they installed already on 2024 Tacoma. I have the hard tri fold cover sitting in my garage for me to install on Sunday. Let you guys know how it goes. Cheers

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
after reading your post, I can’t wait to get back home to check the two bags to see if one of them has two accessory pigtails like yours as I counted mine at two total and didn’t open the bags. It was a nice surprise that we even got that. I’m hearing of several people that are getting the winter mats and tow hitch as I only got the lock pin and no hitch or ball. Nice truck and glad it’s cutting through the snow for you.

OP
OP

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
after reading your post, I can’t wait to get back home to check the two bags to see if one of them has two accessory pigtails like yours as I counted mine at two total and didn’t open the bags. It was a nice surprise that we even got that. I’m hearing of several people that are getting the winter mats and tow hitch as I only got the lock pin and no hitch or ball. Nice truck and glad it’s cutting through the snow for you.
Check the storage box in the bed, that's where mine was

OP
OP

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! Nice truck. Looks very nice. I have a question about the tonneau cover. Were you going with the Bison? They told me they installed already on 2024 Tacoma. I have the hard tri fold cover sitting in my garage for me to install on Sunday. Let you guys know how it goes. Cheers
It was bison in mississauga, won't fit... my truck was in their bay and they were trying to install. They tried the tri fold fold back and soft. I can't believe they're saying that because they know it won't fit, unless they told you before Wednesday afternoon.