• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

1st run

ranger2799

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Plumber
Any thoughts on waiting for the second allocation before ordering the Ranger Rapture. The price might go up? maybe they catch something and correct it after the first run?
Sponsored

OP
OP

ranger2799

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Plumber
Thank you, much appreciated.

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
The trucks already been out a year for the ROW. If there were some major issue they likely would have found it and course corrected by now.

Sponsored

RangerFly

First Name
PC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger, 07 TRD OR, 14 Crosstrek, 21 Bronco
FOMO is real!!!:eek:

Buy it when you want to or need to! Like any other vehicle, features get added, get better, and quality typically gets better by second or third or fourth year……hell, look at the F-150 Raptor.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
The trucks already been out a year for the ROW. If there were some major issue they likely would have found it and course corrected by now.
To some degree yes if the issues are design or process related. But those were built in different factories. You still have issues that can arise from unfamiliarity of the new vehicle with the production staff, issues with local third party component suppliers, new issues that may arise from any changes made to meet US localization, and of course local labor challenges and possible QA/QC differences. I’m not saying to be scared. But definitely don’t expect a perfect product just because it’s been built in a couple factories a few thousand miles away. A new product always has the risk for issues.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
The reality of we're all going to be waiting another 6-12 months minimum is setting in. It is kind of depressing really, especially since the past 2 weeks were full of excitement.

jredecop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150
The reality of we're all going to be waiting another 6-12 months minimum is setting in. It is kind of depressing really, especially since the past 2 weeks were full of excitement.
I’m sure the 12 month is probably gonna be closer. How does ford work with builds? I ordered a couple of TRXs and ram has no order to the builds, all random. Some were delivered in 6 weeks and others 6-9 months. Ford the same way?

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
To some degree yes if the issues are design or process related. But those were built in different factories. You still have issues that can arise from unfamiliarity of the new vehicle with the production staff, issues with local third party component suppliers, new issues that may arise from any changes made to meet US localization, and of course local labor challenges and possible QA/QC differences. I’m not saying to be scared. But definitely don’t expect a perfect product just because it’s been built in a couple factories a few thousand miles away. A new product always has the risk for issues.
Absolutely agree. OP mentioned "catch something and correct it after the first run," which I interpreted as mechanical issues but is not necessarily the case. There will always be production and/or quality issues with a new vehicle, but I do think MAP has an advantage via lessons learned in Thailand and South Africa. Knowledge gained at launch in those plants will allow the Michigan team to address some of those same problems before they arise in their process.

Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 03 Dakota, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Absolutely agree. OP mentioned "catch something and correct it after the first run," which I interpreted as mechanical issues but is not necessarily the case. There will always be production and/or quality issues with a new vehicle, but I do think MAP has an advantage via lessons learned in Thailand and South Africa. Knowledge gained at launch in those plants will allow the Michigan team to address some of those same problems before they arise in their process.
Only if they communicate appropriately. You'd think they would but I've seen too many major corporations not communicate issues to other sectors, and well you can imagine.

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
FOMO is real!!!:eek:

Buy it when you want to or need to! Like any other vehicle, features get added, get better, and quality typically gets better by second or third or fourth year……hell, look at the F-150 Raptor.
I agree, I had first year 3rd gen tacoma. My 2020 off-road is far superior to the 16. Maybe they'll bring in the rear ac option later too. With what the price adjustment was I figured I could have wheels, paint choice, spray in liner and a couple years worth of fuel. Glad I backed out and have someone ready former-sometime next year when my turn comes up.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I agree, I had first year 3rd gen tacoma. My 2020 off-road is far superior to the 16. Maybe they'll bring in the rear ac option later too. With what the price adjustment was I figured I could have wheels, paint choice, spray in liner and a couple years worth of fuel. Glad I backed out and have someone ready former-sometime next year when my turn comes up.
I bet it doesn’t take long for someone to actually find the part numbers from overseas to retrofit rear AC in the US. Theoretically it should be nothing more than a trim panel and a few pieces of duct since it’s not a true three zone climate control.

Last edited:

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Yeah, that really sucks. I was told 6-7 months possible wait with my order today. It was with a big dealer and they got an allocation of 5. At least they didn't try and charge me an ADM.
Sponsored