• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2020 Ranger immobilized

Dinosplace

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Has anyone experienced not being able to unlock and start your 2019 or newer Ranger? I was unable unlock the vehicle, it was completely dead. I even tried unlocking the door with the key and was unable to. I got my spare fob and had the same issue. None of the exterior lights flashed when trying to unlock my truck. The door somehow opened on my return back to the truck when I pulled on handle without inserting the key. I also didn’t see any exterior lights flash when trying to unlock with the fob as I approached the truck. Anyhow, I put the key into the ignition and it was dead. The dash lights were dead, nothing turned on. I had my second set of keys resting in the back cup holder closest to the centre console arm rest. Not sure if this de-activated the immobilizer system as I read online afterwards that the back cup holder is the resting place for
the fob, should your fob battery go dead and need to start your vehicle. By luck I placed my second set of keys there. Im not sure why or how this happened and would
like to understand more about the immobilizer system to prevent a re-occurrence. Any help is appreciated. Just to be clear both fobs work fine. The dash will indicate if the fob battery is low. I’m sure this has something to do with the immobilizer system and I don’t know if I accidentally activated it and how. Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
I believe I'm about to post the most common post on the Ranger6G site... This is the Ranger6G site for next generation 2022 (or more likely 2023) Ranger discussions. For the best response to your question, check with current generation, Ranger5G site (2019 to present).

There are some 5G owners here and maybe one of them can help, but Ranger5G.com has loads of users ready to respond.
I'm just a lowly 3G owner, so this is as much help as I can provide.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Has anyone experienced not being able to unlock and start your 2019 or newer Ranger? I was unable unlock the vehicle, it was completely dead. I even tried unlocking the door with the key and was unable to. I got my spare fob and had the same issue. None of the exterior lights flashed when trying to unlock my truck. The door somehow opened on my return back to the truck when I pulled on handle without inserting the key. I also didn’t see any exterior lights flash when trying to unlock with the fob as I approached the truck. Anyhow, I put the key into the ignition and it was dead. The dash lights were dead, nothing turned on. I had my second set of keys resting in the back cup holder closest to the centre console arm rest. Not sure if this de-activated the immobilizer system as I read online afterwards that the back cup holder is the resting place for
the fob, should your fob battery go dead and need to start your vehicle. By luck I placed my second set of keys there. Im not sure why or how this happened and would
like to understand more about the immobilizer system to prevent a re-occurrence. Any help is appreciated. Just to be clear both fobs work fine. The dash will indicate if the fob battery is low. I’m sure this has something to do with the immobilizer system and I don’t know if I accidentally activated it and how. Thanks
Dino, someone posted just the other day on Ranger5G forum with the same problem. Sorry, don’t remember forum member’s name.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

Dinosplace

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I believe I'm about to post the most common post on the Ranger6G site... This is the Ranger6G site for next generation 2022 (or more likely 2023) Ranger discussions. For the best response to your question, check with current generation, Ranger5G site (2019 to present).

There are some 5G owners here and maybe one of them can help, but Ranger5G.com has loads of users ready to respond.

Good luck.
Thanks, will do

Mcssls

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Nurse

Good luck.
One issue. Everything on Ranger 5G is being automatically directed here.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Hey !! How did I get here on 6g ??

Oh the Internet trickery . . .
Sponsored