• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
As we've reported in our 6th Generation 2023 Ford Ranger (P703/P703N) production and info thread, the next generation Ford Ranger will be available in Thailand and Australia first, so it's no surprise to see Ford Australia leading the way in the 2023 Ford Ranger marketing efforts.

Via Ford Australia

"Camouflage stickers with mind-bending patterns, squiggles, and swirls; car makers go to great lengths to protect their top-secret prototypes from prying eyes.

Our latest Bronco R-inspired camouflage uses hundreds of blue, black, and white blocks in a pixelated pattern to break up the appearance of the underlying shape of the vehicle while itā€™s still under development. "

Some screenshots:

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 2023-ford-ranger-prototype-australia

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 2023-ford-ranger-prototype-australia-0

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 2023-ford-ranger-prototype-australia-7

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 2023-ford-ranger-prototype-australia-1

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 2023-ford-ranger-prototype-australia-2

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 2023-ford-ranger-prototype-australia-3

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 2023-ford-ranger-prototype-australia-4

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 2023-ford-ranger-prototype-australia-5

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 2023-ford-ranger-prototype-australia-6

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 2023 Ford Ranger pickup truck 4

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 2023 Ford Ranger pickup truck 3

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 2023 Ford Ranger teaser video 1

Last edited:

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Curiosity got the best of meā€¦. I took a screenshot of the video with the QR code in frame on my phone. Edited the frame and emailed it to myself to view on my laptop. Spoiler Alert!!! It takes you the the Ford Media siteā€¦. Unfortunately that site doesnā€™t currently have anything new with regards to the next gen Ranger on it.

Hereā€™s the link of the QR codeā€¦. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en.html

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
Curiosity got the best of meā€¦. I took a screenshot of the video with the QR code in frame on my phone. Edited the frame and emailed it to myself to view on my laptop. Spoiler Alert!!! It takes you the the Ford Media siteā€¦. Unfortunately that site doesnā€™t currently have anything new with regards to the next gen Ranger on it.

Hereā€™s the link of the QR codeā€¦. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en.html
I was just about to reply the same thing, except I just used my iPhone camera to grab the code off the image above.

Drive.com has a short article with a nice rear 3/4 image.
https://www.drive.com.au/news/2022-...-camouflage-photo-shows-how-its-taking-shape/

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
I'm 50% hyped, 50% heartbroken that it's gonna take so long to get here. It looks so cool.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I'm 50% hyped, 50% heartbroken that it's gonna take so long to get here. It looks so cool.
I 100% agree!!! Iā€™ve been banking a truck payment to myself for 4 years this monthā€¦. Iā€™ve never been more ready for a new vehicle. Especially since my daily driver (ā€˜02 F-150 SuperCrew) is almost 20 years old.

Those two screenshots of the front end are particularly interestingā€¦. The best view yet of the front and I like what I see!

Sponsored

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
I 100% agree!!! Iā€™ve been banking a truck payment to myself for 4 years this monthā€¦. Iā€™ve never been more ready for a new vehicle. Especially since my daily driver (ā€˜02 F-150 SuperCrew) is almost 20 years old.

Those two screenshots of the front end are particularly interestingā€¦. The best view yet of the front and I like what I see!
I like the current gen exterior design well enough, but I like the unified design they're working toward even more. (Maverick looks great!)

I would really like to wait for 6g because besides the Mav, nothing in the segment feels modern enough for me. Features I'd expect to be standard or at least available as packages are locked in upper trims I don't want... Push button start and LED lighting, I'm looking at you.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I like the current gen exterior design well enough, but I like the unified design they're working toward even more. (Maverick looks great!)

I would really like to wait for 6g because besides the Mav, nothing in the segment feels modern enough for me. Features I'd expect to be standard or at least available as packages are locked in upper trims I don't want... Push button start and LED lighting, I'm looking at you.
Once again, I 100% agree. The same basic reason I havenā€™t already pulled the trigger on a new midsize, including the new ā€˜22 Frontier. I love the current Ranger, especially the Tremor, but the lack of a SuperCrew with a 6ā€™ bed has me waiting. I donā€™t like the competitions trucks enough to buy, despite them all having the cab/bed configuration I want.

evorunner

First Name
Ryann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford fusion, 66 bronco
is it just me or was that a plug in the opening scene? maybe we will get a PHEV at launch instead of 2024 like rumored!!!

Reactions: Doc

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
is it just me or was that a plug in the opening scene? maybe we will get a PHEV at launch instead of 2024 like rumored!!!
I think youā€™re right! (Right before they hit the start button) I missed that the first 20 times I watched the video. ?

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
Well, Ford took everyone by surprise when the revealed the Maverick with a hybrid as the standard power train. It would be fantastic if they did something similar for the Ranger.

Sponsored

evorunner

First Name
Ryann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford fusion, 66 bronco
tt
Well, Ford took everyone by surprise when the revealed the Maverick with a hybrid as the standard power train. It would be fantastic if they did something similar for the Ranger.
I hope so! however I was looking at the current ford line up to get an idea. I found the ford explorer phev in Europe which is like 70k so I'm doubting my original hope of a 40ish k 4x4 ranger phev. I have a hunch that the PHEV might start at 50k sadly which I wouldn't be getting it

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
That's interesting, you're being re-directed to the US site.
This is the page I get in Australia:
https://www.ford.com.au/showroom/future-vehicle/next-gen-ranger?bannerid=cammo

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Do you have a timestamp in the video? I've analysed it (nothing better to do!) and couldn't see what you're referring to.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Do you have a timestamp in the video? I've analysed it (nothing better to do!) and couldn't see what you're referring to.
Very brief segment of video at the 4 second mark. Such a brief image I missed it until someone else mentioned it.