• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Very brief segment of video at the 4 second mark. Such a brief image I missed it until someone else mentioned it.
I only see the fuel filler on the side of the bed, then it cuts to the door handle.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I only see the fuel filler on the side of the bed, then it cuts to the door handle.
It looks like a plug being inserted into the truck. This is immediately before the driver hits the start button. Here is a screenshot…

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" CD96CDA1-A80A-45FB-BEC9-16FBCB0801BD

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
It looks like a plug being inserted into the truck. This is immediately before the driver hits the start button. Here is a screenshot…

CD96CDA1-A80A-45FB-BEC9-16FBCB0801BD.png
I just see someone pulling on the door handle and opening the door, but I could imagine it as someone unplugging the charge connector.

Edit: Definitely door handle...
Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" Handle

DeathRanger

First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
orangetech.tech
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
IT
I'm not seeing a charging port either. Here's the Mach-e Charging port for comparison which is in the front driver side fender area and quite large.

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" 1633972201844

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not seeing a charging port either. Here's the Mach-e Charging port for comparison which is in the front driver side fender area and quite large.

1633972201844.png
Lightening up the image from the Ford Australia website linked above, the new design still has the "vent" at the back of the front fender. It's possible that could be used as a charging point.
Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" vent

Curious how or if PHEV affects water fording depth design concerns...

Sponsored

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
I was just about to reply the same thing, except I just used my iPhone camera to grab the code off the image above.

Drive.com has a short article with a nice rear 3/4 image.
https://www.drive.com.au/news/2022-...-camouflage-photo-shows-how-its-taking-shape/
While lightening the Ford Australia image, I also noticed the potential side step mentioned in the article I had previously linked.
Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" ste

There definitely is something going on with the rear quarter panel being cut off at the top of the rear bumper.

DeathRanger

First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
orangetech.tech
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
IT
my opinion is this won't be PHEV or BEV. Ford doesn't have enough batteries to make all the F150 Lightning orders as it is

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
my opinion is this won't be PHEV or BEV. Ford doesn't have enough batteries to make all the F150 Lightning orders as it is
I agree BEV is unlikely, but a few online articles citing leaked documents and Ford Execs have indicated at least the Australian Ranger will get a PHEV. In addition to the plans Ford has to build new battery plants with suppliers, there are numerous plants currently in construction by various suppliers.

If Ford is going to make it's EV goals, I would think the US Ranger will also require a HEV or PHEV option with the 6G launch.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Very disappointed that it looks as if there are no stake pockets. Because of the smaller box, mid-size trucks need stake pockets more than full-size.
Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" bed

I know I'm a minority on this, and it's probably an OCD thing, but I absolutely hate, hate, hate the little up-turn that gets put on the rear door window. IMO it ruins the whole look of the cab.
Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger official teaser video gives more previews - "#NextGenRanger Hiding in Plain Sight" door (Small)

While lightening the Ford Australia image, I also noticed the potential side step mentioned in the article I had previously linked.
A side step would be awesome. I'm just not sure Ford would do it, because that's a GM thing.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Has anyone found a leaked render that has the correct headlight placement? All the past leaks have had the old headlight design. Also, does anyone think that the North American 6G Ranger will look a little different than Australia's? There are a few small design difference between the NA and AU 5G's. Wondering if any future leaks we see (or even the official unveil) won't have the official design hat we will see here in the US.

EDIT: Ignore this comment. See my post.
Sponsored