• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
So with this info... The 6G for the NA market will be a 2024 model??? Ford keeps push this new Ranger out and it will have a bunch of new competition launched ahead of it!

The new 2023 GMC Canyon was just unveiled at 11:00 AM this morning. Deliveries are to start early 2023. The top off-road version, the ATX4 will start in the spring.

Hopefully Ford will offer the SuperCrew/longbed configuration (recently seen in camo)? Especially since the new GMC twins (Colorado and Canyon) won’t offer it. That’s easy picking for that portion of the market.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Yes, Chevy will have their mid size trucks out a lot sooner then Ford. I bet we will see the new Tacoma before the 6G Ranger.
For me I can wait, gives more time to save. Some Bronco owners have waited 2.5 years for their SUV. Ford please stop with all the Bronco editions ie Heritage. Just work on what you can get out the door. I think I will place my order when the NA Ford sites are up and running. Then change my options before assembling. At least get my foot in the door. You want to purchase a 2nd run to 4th run before the bean counters get in there and start removing options.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, its good info to read !. thanks Administrator.

It seems to follow the previous Gen packaging. The technology has improved. LED lights and maybe the good security system is standard.

Will have to see if I can find the surround lighting and camera's. Oh, too funny, they still offer the old man. Key pad on the outside of the doors.

Will look at the material a bit more

Reactions: Doc

Cabostu

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 23 ranger Tremor
Occupation
Real Estate
So with this info... The 6G for the NA market will be a 2024 model??? Ford keeps push this new Ranger out and it will have a bunch of new competition launched ahead of it!

The new 2023 GMC Canyon was just unveiled at 11:00 AM this morning. Deliveries are to start early 2023. The top off-road version, the ATX4 will start in the spring.

Hopefully Ford will offer the SuperCrew/longbed configuration (recently seen in camo)? Especially since the new GMC twins (Colorado and Canyon) won’t offer it. That’s easy picking for that portion of the market.
What a bunch of rehashed 10 year old technology. I was one of the foolish few who ran out and ordered a new Ranger on day one thinking it was the new sixth generation. It took a full week for the sales manager at the dealership to finally declare yes you ordered the old one. Amazing the rest of the world has had this for more than a year and we can't get here in America the latest from Ford'. Extremely unhappy customer right now

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
What a bunch of rehashed 10 year old technology. I was one of the foolish few who ran out and ordered a new Ranger on day one thinking it was the new sixth generation. It took a full week for the sales manager at the dealership to finally declare yes you ordered the old one. Amazing the rest of the world has had this for more than a year and we can't get here in America the latest from Ford'. Extremely unhappy customer right now
I definitely can see the confusion as all the media is proudly showing the 6G of other countries, and here we are recycling the scraps of the current gen. Its a shame a lot of dealers didn't even know this. They ought to since there hasn't even been an official Ranger release in NA. But that just shows you what it takes to sell a car in todays market.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Positive to see many Bronco's in Vancouver Canada. Maybe the supply is getting better.
For the 6G Ranger it looks more like 2025 in NA where you could own a 6G Ranger. I see in the ROW it does not look like any are delivered to their customers. Thinking 2023 for them to receive their vehicles

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, E-450 Super Duty RV, Jeep, Motorcycles
Occupation
Retired
Positive to see many Bronco's in Vancouver Canada. Maybe the supply is getting better.
For the 6G Ranger it looks more like 2025 in NA where you could own a 6G Ranger. I see in the ROW it does not look like any are delivered to their customers. Thinking 2023 for them to receive their vehicles
from TFL article linked above:

"Now we know, that it will be a 2024 model. If you are waiting for the new interior, technology, and capability in your next Ranger – you will need to wait a bit longer. When will the next Ranger launch in the U.S. – we do not have an exact date at this time. We expect a full debut earlier next year with production availability in the summer of 2023, but this is just a wild guess at this point. "

IIRC last time Farley addressed this he said Ranger 6G NA models order banks open May 2023 and production start expected July 2024. Timelines seem to roughly match at this early stage.