• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2023 Volkswagen Amarok Truck Official Reveal Set For July 7

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
2023 Volkswagen Amarok Truck Official Reveal Set For July 7 (msn.com)

Laugh that they admit to having been subjected to a long teaser campaign like the long drawn out 6G Ranger. As I've said before tired of all the Hype

Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles originally teased the second-generation Amarok back in March 2020. Fast forward over two years later and more previews than we can count, the midsize pickup truck still hasn't been revealed yet. Thankfully, the wait is about to end as the world premiere is scheduled to take place on July 7. No longer an all-VW effort, the new ute has been developed using Ford's updated T6 platform from the global 2022 Ranger

It'll be sold in rear-wheel drive, part-time 4x4, and full-time 4x4 configurations, with an assortment of 2.0-liter four-cylinder engines, including a gasoline unit. The top-spec powertrain will be a 3.0-liter V6 TDI. Despite the familiar moniker, the oil-burner in question will actually be a Ford-supplied unit good for 443 pound-feet (600 Newton-meters) of torque and 247 horsepower (184 kilowatts).

Ford Ranger 2023 Volkswagen Amarok Truck Official Reveal Set For July 7 AAXmmN7
Sponsored

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I will have to look at the Raptor 3L NA specs. 247Hp, that's less then the Eco boost 2.3L. i am wondering if Ford created the large engine compartment for the 3L or the largest ROW diesel. The 3L or 2.7L gasoline is quite the Octopus. The 2.3L with many hoses is cleaner.

Attachments

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I would love this truck to come to NA, although I only give that about a 2% chance of happening. Never hurts to have another option.
Although VW has a knack for making the front of their vehicles extremely bland, I like the rest of the sheet metal on the trucks in their teaser shots.

drunkntigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE
If it's going to have a massive premium over the Ford with the same V6 TDI engine why would you?

Fords entertainment system seems pretty good this time, not sure how VW is going to top that given what it supplies in its current commercial vehicles. My Wildtrak cost over $70k in Australia, doesn't seem worth it if a VW is going to cost $80k+
Sponsored