2024 another hold up, due to EPA certification

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
The thing about this is that it seems to be based on the lack of certification on the website rather than some inside information. This doesn't necessarily mean it's not done, just not updated on the site. The full Excel download was last updated in November. Not saying it's impossible, but suspect.

AlexT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
The same thing happened with the 2023 Colorado launch and it delayed initial sales for almost 2 months. Hopefully it doesn't take quite as long for the Tacomas.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Hmmm curious if this affects Canada or not. I don't think it should...

Nedloh227

First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
The same thing happened with the 2023 Colorado launch and it delayed initial sales for almost 2 months. Hopefully it doesn't take quite as long for the Tacomas.
Did the Colorados show up on dealer sites before the hold up like the Tacomas are now?

Nedloh227

First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
nope, they were held at the plant in MO.
Were the colorados on the websites before hand though? I have a deposit on a TRD OF and the dealer is telling me mid to late January and I would hate to have to wait until mid March...

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Were the colorados on the websites before hand though? I have a deposit on a TRD OF and the dealer is telling me mid to late January and I would hate to have to wait until mid March...
Do you mean could you build them on the site or were they showing on the inventory search? I believe yes to both.

Ask your dealer 2 things....Has it been built and can they give you the permeant VIN...not the temp VIN with letters in the last 5 or 6 numbers. If it is truly built then that is good. Just waiting on the EPA cert and a trip from Mexico.

See if you can get a screen shot of this from your dealer:

2024 Tacoma 2024 another hold up, due to EPA certification Screenshot 2024-01-03 092101

Also once you get the VIN you can track it here. Also works with the temp VIN but will just show it is allocated. https://toyota-tracker.com/

2024 Tacoma 2024 another hold up, due to EPA certification 1704295362733

Nedloh227

First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Do you mean could you build them on the site or were they showing on the inventory search? I believe yes to both.

Ask your dealer 2 things....Has it been built and can they give you the permeant VIN...not the temp VIN with letters in the last 5 or 6 numbers. If it is truly built then that is good. Just waiting on the EPA cert and a trip from Mexico.

See if you can get a screen shot of this from your dealer:

Screenshot 2024-01-03 092101.png

Also once you get the VIN you can track it here. Also works with the temp VIN but will just show it is allocated. https://toyota-tracker.com/

1704295362733.png
Awesome! I just texted my guy at the dealership to see if he can get that for me. Thank You!
Sponsored