• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ford Ranger Will Debut North American Variant Of All-New Midsize Pickup

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
I'm confused why they keep referring to Gen6 as "all new"? In NA, same 2.3EB/10-speed powertrain, as reported the basic cab structure is the same. This is turning out to be a disappointment,,,,

HRG

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I'm confused why they keep referring to Gen6 as "all new"? In NA, same 2.3EB/10-speed powertrain, as reported the basic cab structure is the same. This is turning out to be a disappointment,,,,

HRG
The 6G Ranger is all (well mostly) new, but the NA market is going to have to wait another year for it. Our 6G Ranger will be a ‘24 model year. Our model year ‘23 is the same old 5G.

Reactions: Doc

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
The 6G Ranger is all (well mostly) new, but the NA market is going to have to wait another year for it. Our 6G Ranger will be a ‘24 model year. Our model year ‘23 is the same old 5G.
Yes sir, I'm fully aware of that. It just seems like they used the 5G as a base, and modified from there. More of an evolution.

HRG

Reactions: Doc

Sponsored

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
Yes sir, I'm fully aware of that. It just seems like they used the 5G as a base, and modified from there. More of an evolution.

HRG
It's a body on frame truck. You can only change so much. All new interior. All new body. Quite a bit more than just a refresh. What more are you hoping for?

Reactions: EJH

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
It's a body on frame truck. You can only change so much. All new interior. All new body. Quite a bit more than just a refresh. What more are you hoping for?
I was hoping that they would have stretched the cab a bit, so the back seat has at least the same if not more legroom than the Maverick has.

HRG

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I was hoping that they would have stretched the cab a bit, so the back seat has at least the same if not more legroom than the Maverick has.

HRG
You read my mind. That and have a higher MPG option.... otherwise it is already out for me. I am currently watching the Ranger and Tacoma and specifically wanting more rear legroom and a hybrid option.... it it doesn't pan out then I'm going with Maverick

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
sure hope this part is incorrect: " Though not confirmed, it’s likely that the SuperCab option (the one with full-size front doors and two rear half-doors) will not be offered in the U.S. or Canada. "

I love my 2018 SCab F-150, but we use it mainly for heavy duty towing, etc. I have a Maverick scheduled to be built in 2 weeks (8/29) which is better for lighter towing and other regular uses- but I have absolutely no need whatsoever for any Crew Cab vehicles. Compromised on that and the shorter bed with Maverick because no choice. I'm anxiously awaiting NA 2024 Ranger release to see if it has SCab still with rear seat delete and 6' bed. That would likely be the best of all worlds for me and I would trade in the Maverick to get 1. Otherwise I just keep the Maverick.

**EDIT** Luckily the quote I pulled from a recent article is BS. A little digging found multiple photos of NA version SCab test mules driving around :clap: SCab + 6.5' bed option and I'll be driving My maverick for like a year before trading it in for this Ranger config.

Ford Ranger 2024 Ford Ranger Will Debut North American Variant Of All-New Midsize Pickup 1661480430100

Last edited:

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
It may be similar, but there is basically nothing that hasn't been redesigned. Trust me, the cab may be no bigger dimensionally, but it feels significantly more spacious in the front. Yes there is not much change in the back, but the Ranger already was the largest mid size globally for rear seat room. If you're ahead vs the Hilux, D-Max, Triton, why make it even bigger (especially if that means sacrificing tub space). Don't forget, the Ranger is primarily a world car, the vast majority are built and sold outside of North America.

Also, just because they didn't mention the 2.7, doesn't mean it isn't coming.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
If the engine options are accurate and there is no 2.7L offered in any form I would be significantly disappointed and will probably be looking at the new Canyon or see what the Tacoma looks like….
Just because they didn't list it, doesn't mean it won't exist.

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded Focus RS, '21Ranger Tremor
You read my mind. That and have a higher MPG option.... otherwise it is already out for me. I am currently watching the Ranger and Tacoma and specifically wanting more rear legroom and a hybrid option.... it it doesn't pan out then I'm going with Maverick
Well that's quite a trade off, a real body on frame truck for a unibody car truck wannabe with an open trunk sounds like apple and oranges.

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Well that's quite a trade off, a real body on frame truck for a unibody car truck wannabe with an open trunk sounds like apple and oranges.
What's your point? Either the the new Ranger/Tacoma does what I am looking for better or it doesn't. The current ones don't so......

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded Focus RS, '21Ranger Tremor
What's your point? Either the the new Ranger/Tacoma does what I am looking for better or it doesn't. The current ones don't so......
My point was and is, one is a real body on frame truck, and one isn't. So you're just looking for "legroom in a vehicle"...I see...
Sponsored