• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ford Ranger Will Debut North American Variant Of All-New Midsize Pickup

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
My point was and is, one is a real body on frame truck, and one isn't. So you're just looking for "legroom in a vehicle"...I see...
Why should I want a body on frame? Start the video around the 21 minute mark.

Sponsored

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded Focus RS, '21Ranger Tremor
I guess you don't need one for your leg room, and to haul your flowerpots and flats of flowers.... and your comfortable with your.."manhood", whatever he meant by that?

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I guess you don't need one for your leg room, and to haul your flowerpots and flats of flowers.... and your comfortable with your.."manhood", whatever he meant by that?
I think you kind of proved the point he was making with your comment. You didn't mention why I would want body on frame?

Last edited:

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
**EDIT** Luckily the quote I pulled from a recent article is BS. A little digging found multiple photos of NA version SCab test mules driving around :clap: SCab + 6.5' bed option and I'll be driving My maverick for like a year before trading it in for this Ranger config.

1661480430100.png
Not to rain on the parade, but that's and EU spec Wildtrak.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You didn't mention why I would want body on frame?
Body on frame and unibody are squarely aimed at different duty cycles. For the majority of people, either would do the job. But for those that need the payload or towing capacity, then a body of frame vehicle will do what a smaller unibody vehicle won't. Which fits your use case? Only you can decide.

PS. Ford can take a hike for not offering the Maverick in Australia. I'd own one if they did. I think it looks fantastic, and it would do everything I realistically need to do (the Raptor is really overkill, but for when I go bush it's worth the compromise).

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Not to rain on the parade, but that's and EU spec Wildtrak.
really? What's the giveaway on markets? I assumed since steering wheel is on Left side and still wearing camo it was a North America market tester. Rest of world already in production with photos showing uncovered vehicle, but I don't know how old this picture is. A description did mention the "sports bar" in the bed which I don't think has been offered on any NA versions and maybe same with roof rails, but I ignored that and focused on left side drive and assumed it would be representative of SCab NA version coming for us- at least I hope so :D

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
really? What's the giveaway on markets? I assumed since steering wheel is on Left side and still wearing camo it was a North America market tester. Rest of world already in production with photos showing uncovered vehicle, but I don't know how old this picture is. A description did mention the "sports bar" in the bed which I don't think has been offered on any NA versions and maybe same with roof rails, but I ignored that and focused on left side drive and assumed it would be representative of SCab NA version coming for us- at least I hope so :D
Wildtrak wheels, roof rails, roller shutter and sail plane, but the biggest giveaway is the EU spec hitch.

PCLaughton

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
I'm confused why they keep referring to Gen6 as "all new"? In NA, same 2.3EB/10-speed powertrain, as reported the basic cab structure is the same.
Because "all new" in the automotive world is like "all natural" in the food world: it means whatever the marketers want it to mean.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
I thought the cab was supposed to be more spacious?

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I thought the cab was supposed to be more spacious?
It isn't, the structure is basically the same dimensions. It is more roomy in the front due to the dashboard design being much flatter.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Because "all new" in the automotive world is like "all natural" in the food world: it means whatever the marketers want it to mean.
It's as close to all new as we were going to get, they've redesigned everything. There's no carry over structural parts, but the cab does look similar (especially from the window line up). The dimensions of the structure are basically the same, but the bones have been changed.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
It isn't, the structure is basically the same dimensions. It is more roomy in the front due to the dashboard design being much flatter.
Thanks Bill
I currently have a 2022 Maverick that has a surprisingly amount of room especially in the front. The back is adequate but not overly "roomy". For me it doesn't matter that much because I seldom have more than one passenger.
Sponsored