Last edited:

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I expected a bigger improvement. Sure hope the iForce Max is a significant step above.
Judging by the Tundra MPG numbers between the Hybrid and gas powertrains the hwy MPG won't change but you might see a couple more City MPG.

wy3134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dakota
The 4x2 TRD Sport gets the same fuel economy as the 4x4 Ranger. That's...not great. I was hoping they'd shoot for best-in-class fuel economy, not just catch up to the Colorado/Canyon.
yea im swinging into my local dealer here in a bit to see what they have to say....but this has made it a lot harder to decide if i wanna spend the extra $$ for the taco, or get a ranger/colorado or start over with what i even want period.

BillyJoeJimBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
No wonder they waited so long
to reveal... they knew everyone would have been disappointed and bought a different truck by now.
Pretty disappointed in Toyotas engineering and marketing over the last several years, my brand loyalty may be changing

Last edited:

Its a TRD thang

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen tacoma
These numbers are not official, read the fine print on the post

BigDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)
These numbers are not official, read the fine print on the post
Probably just means pending official EPA posting the numbers. This is what all manufacturers say about their quoted numbers when they first announce it (and before EPA posts on its site).

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I expected a bigger improvement. Sure hope the iForce Max is a significant step above.
I wouldn't hold your breath. It's my understanding the batteries only help with Inital takeoff to combat the turbo lag don't they?

I have a buddy who owns a 2023 Tundra and he said he doesn't notice much a difference with the batteries at all.

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I wouldn't hold your breath. It's my understanding the batteries only help with Inital takeoff to combat the turbo lag don't they?

I have a buddy who owns a 2023 Tundra and he said he doesn't notice much a difference with the batteries at all.
Yeah, if they do the same thing as they did on the Tundra, this won't be much improvement in efficiency. But they could do things differently for the Tacoma. Don't hold your breath, of course. The fact that they're calling it the MAX and the promised power suggest it will be performance-oriented, rather than efficiency.

Joncollege

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tucson
Was all excited about this truck. Now I'm totally let down. Figured the hybrid models will only increase MPG by probably 5mpg. If you compare it with say the RAV4 that goes up 4pmg for the hybrid model from the standard. So I'm out. I'll find something different.

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Figured the hybrid models will only increase MPG by probably 5mpg. If you compare it with say the RAV4 that goes up 4pmg for the hybrid model from the standard.
It is power-focused, not efficiency, so it'll have less of a gain than the RAV, most likely. I'm with you on being disappointed by these numbers.

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
For the hybrid, you can look at the Grand Highlander and what was previously released on the Land Cruiser to infer what gas mileage will likely be for the Tacoma.

GH Hybrid Max = 26/27/27

GH 2.4 Gas = 21/28/24

Land Cruiser = 8.7 l/100km combined or 27 mpg combined.

They haven't said the weight of the new LC, but it can't be much different than the Tacoma, so do what you will with that information.

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
For the hybrid, you can look at the Grand Highlander and what was previously released on the Land Cruiser to infer what gas mileage will likely be for the Tacoma.

GH Hybrid Max = 26/27/27

GH 2.4 Gas = 21/28/24

Land Cruiser = 8.7 l/100km combined or 27 mpg combined.

They haven't said the weight of the new LC, but it can't be much different than the Tacoma, so do what you will with that information.
The drive strategy is likely way different between the grand highlander and Tacoma. I think a better comparison is the Tundra where you get an additional 2MPG city and nothing on the highway.
Sponsored