2024 Tacoma Paint Issue?

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Hey folks, just a heads up that there may be a future quality issue with the paint work on these 2024 models. All of these trucks that I have looked at have this same issue. If you open the front door, the leading edge of the inner fender is showing various degrees of paint coverage and exposed primer. I did mention this to my dealer and he said that's the way they come. I've talked to other owners that have same issue around the tailgate area. I will put in a formal complaint at my first service and mention it as well when Toyota sends my the survey. Just something to look for

20240210_111612.jpg
20240210_111608.jpg
20240210_111704.jpg
when you go to hhe dealer.
20240210_111608.jpg
Sponsored

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Hey folks, just a heads up that there may be a future quality issue with the paint work on these 2024 models. All of these trucks that I have looked at have this same issue. If you open the front door, the leading edge of the inner fender is showing various degrees of paint coverage and exposed primer. I did mention this to my dealer and he said that's the way they come. I've talked to other owners that have same issue around the tailgate area. I will put in a formal complaint at my first service and mention it as well when Toyota sends my the survey. Just something to look for
20240210_111612.jpg
20240210_111608.jpg
20240210_111704.jpg
when you go to hhe dealer.
20240210_111608.jpg
Any update on this? Still silence from Toyota?

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Any update on this? Still silence from Toyota?
No update that I'm aware of. I've pointed it out at 2 different dealerships here in Canada and they both shrugged and said that's the way they come. I looked at a 2024 4 runner in solar octane and it was the same. I'll mention it again when I go for my first service.

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
No update that I'm aware of. I've pointed it out at 2 different dealerships here in Canada and they both shrugged and said that's the way they come. I looked at a 2024 4 runner in solar octane and it was the same. I'll mention it again when I go for my first service.
I'd bypass the dealers and try to reach corporate Toyota if that is the kind of nonsense you're getting.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'd bypass the dealers and try to reach corporate Toyota if that is the kind of nonsense you're getting.
My experiences with Toyota corporate in the past were no better than the dealer, probably worse. Seems like if it's not a mass complaint they don't care. Which is typical corporate

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
My experiences with Toyota corporate in the past were no better than the dealer, probably worse. Seems like if it's not a mass complaint they don't care. Which is typical corporate
To b honest, it doesn't really bother me that much. ( Its not really super noticeable unless you know where to look) it really stands out on red and solar octane though. The dude that mentioned it to me his truck was really bad. (his inner fender and tailgate were affected.) Dealer told him too bad and to complain to Toyota. I think I just wanted the quality to be a little better considering how much they are asking. My post was a psa just for people to have a look and watch for rust there.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
To b honest, it doesn't really bother me that much. ( Its not really super noticeable unless you know where to look) it really stands out on red and solar octane though. The dude that mentioned it to me his truck was really bad. (his inner fender and tailgate were affected.) Dealer told him too bad and to complain to Toyota. I think I just wanted the quality to be a little better considering how much they are asking. My post was a psa just for people to have a look and watch for rust there.
Absolutely. Rust was the first thing that ran through my mind.

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Absolutely. Rust was the first thing that ran through my mind.
I mean it shouldn't because it's a primed surface but you never know. I will keep an eye an we will see. I plan on keeping this thing a long time. Been amazing mechanically for sure.

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
I have to say, that’s some shitty paintwork. It’d be unacceptable on a $20K Kia, never mind a $50K Toyota.

If and when we ever see our promised Trailhunter, if I see an inch of exposed primer, we walk.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I have the same unpainted area on my 2024 integra Type S...I just dont see the issue...unless you stare into that area every time you open the door..Toyota saving paint

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
I have the same unpainted area on my 2024 integra Type S...I just dont see the issue...unless you stare into that area every time you open the door..Toyota saving paint
Ya it doesn't really bother me that much and unless you know where to look you could overlook it. I just want to mention it so people can keep an eye for rust there. Every 2024 toyota model I've looked at is the same( except for Tacoma Premium that has a sound deadening foam there)

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
yea that kinda looks half assed. What do the Tundra hinge guts look like with the doors open...
The Tundras I looked at had a foam piece stuffed in there so you could not tell. Maybe there could be bought for the Tacoma and placed in there if it really bothered a guy........they make the pieces for the premium model
Sponsored