Sponsored

WildTacoOhio

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT; 2016 Cherokee Trail Hawk
I was hoping for sooner, but this is logical. Do we think we will start to see reviews in October or later?
These timeframes line up exactly with what my dealer told me when I submitted my deposit.

Based on other vehicle launches in the recent past, I would suspect reviews to come online around early December. It seems like most Mfg's hold the media embargo until close to the OKTB date on the first vehicles.

Complete guess, but I feel we're going to see build & Price before the end of Sept with Dealers accepting orders by mid Oct.

That's just my 2 Cents tho 🤷🏻‍♂️

PadyWagon

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
996 Turbo | TJ Rubicon (being replaced by TRD Pro)
According to this official Toyota publication:

2024 Tacoma production begins in December (starting with 2.4L). Hybrid Tacoma production starts April 2024.

2024 Tacoma production.jpg
Do we know where this came from? I just noticed the july publication date, although I doubt the production forecast will accelerate even with a newer notification.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
APRIL 2024 to start producing TRD Pros!?!?!?

Ugh... this wait is going to suck.
Yes it will. I was waiting over 2 years for a ranger raptor release and now decided on a pro when the reveal happened.Watching paint dry would be more enjoyable at this rate.

PadyWagon

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
996 Turbo | TJ Rubicon (being replaced by TRD Pro)
Yes it will. I was waiting over 2 years for a ranger raptor release and now decided on a pro when the reveal happened.Watching paint dry would be more enjoyable at this rate.
Ha I'm in the same boat. Never owned a Toyota but always loved the 4X4s, was planning to order a Ranger Raptor, but the new TRD Pro seems a clear front runner to me in a now very awesome midsize segment.

Ford bringing the last Ranger as a decade old truck when it hit the US, and then bringing the new one to Australia over a year earlier than us just made the shine wear off for me. If I'm gonna drop $60k on a new truck, I want it to actually feel new.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Does anybody know where the 2.4 Turbo/hybrid combo will be manufactured? Just a guess, but that seems to be the holdup across many products with this engine, and even the Lexus GX550 hybrid.

Jeeper Defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Jeep JT Gladiator
Does anybody know where the 2.4 Turbo/hybrid combo will be manufactured? Just a guess, but that seems to be the holdup across many products with this engine, and even the Lexus GX550 hybrid.
The hybrid Tacoma will be built in the Guanajuato, Mexico plant.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
The hybrid Tacoma will be built in the Guanajuato, Mexico plant.
Yes, the final truck assembly with be in either of two plants in Mexico, but I was curious about where the 2.4 Turbo/Hybrid combo will be made. Possibly at several locations, engine, transmission, then final assembled somewhere? I would love to have a Toyota built from scratch in Japan, but in reality that probably does not happen. Am coveting the new Land Cruiser, which will offer the same engine/transmission as the Tacoma, and the hybrid for it is also delayed until spring, as with the Lexus twin to the Land Cruser, the GX550. Both the LC and GX550 will be "made in Japan".

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Yes, the final truck assembly with be in either of two plants in Mexico, but I was curious about where the 2.4 Turbo/Hybrid combo will be made. Possibly at several locations, engine, transmission, then final assembled somewhere? I would love to have a Toyota built from scratch in Japan, but in reality that probably does not happen. Am coveting the new Land Cruiser, which will offer the same engine/transmission as the Tacoma, and the hybrid for it is also delayed until spring, as with the Lexus twin to the Land Cruser, the GX550. Both the LC and GX550 will be "made in Japan".
Since the T24A is a direct replacement for the 2GR, I would fully expect US built models to continue with Alabama built engines.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Since the T24A is a direct replacement for the 2GR, I would fully expect US built models to continue with Alabama built engines.
By chance is that the plant which has been experiencing trouble with a shortage of employees? There was a news flash recently in this regard, but cannot recall which facility.
Sponsored