Sponsored

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
What the hell did I just watch. No deep dive on the truck bed power routing/engine on/off scenarios. They clearly did a test day would've been a great opportunity to illustrate power management scenarios. Instead I get to watch dudes wearing life preservers, eating sandwiches on a tailgate, on a raft, over a body of water. Informative!

Maybe I will get an OR iForceMax instead. These Trailhunter hype vids are straight cringe overland nerd boi fodder. Insurance underwriters are having an orgy right now. Thanks XOverland, you've just sent already exorbitant premiums to the next level with the raft stunt 👌🏽

LOL

EDIT: SPORT BAR IS OFFICIALLY CALLED THE MARTY MCFLY. We just got confirmation from guys driving a taco, literally wearing life preservers.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRAILHUNTER Build w/ Toyota Accessories | Float It - It's All About Balance | XOVERLAND's Trailhunter Special EP2 1709005474911

Last edited:

calicoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD OR
Cool so I learned the TH can float on a raft. Not sure that's the primary use case but ok.

The next one looks promising. At least there's actual driving..

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRAILHUNTER Build w/ Toyota Accessories | Float It - It's All About Balance | XOVERLAND's Trailhunter Special EP2 Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 12.19.24 AM

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
So something they didn't mention in the video was that ARB rack system has built in bed stiffeners. I think they missed a lot of opportunities to discuss technical stuff

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
So something they didn't mention in the video was that ARB rack system has built in bed stiffeners. I think they missed a lot of opportunities to discuss technical stuff
yep. A lot of flashing shiny new stuff in front of the camera. I wonder if Sheldon & engineering had an embargo of sorts on technical specifics. The most detailed they got in this ep. was removing insulation on a wire for an aux port.

I get it that their main audience is invested into the entertainment aspect of their content. Fair enough. But that raft: leave no fking trace principals come first. So they better be driving across an antarctic sheet of ice and need to raft across to an iceberg otherwise I see no acceptable use case for that fking thing 👎🏽

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
They also confirmed in comments their truck is pre-prod and the production will have moonroof. Sucks.

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
They also confirmed in comments their truck is pre-prod and the production will have moonroof. Sucks.
I've heard several times that the production versions will NOT have a moonroof. Most of the early prototypes did.

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Last edited:

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
They confirmed otherwise, but I hope they're still wrong.

Toyota website says Trialhunter comes standard with moonroof. Lame.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 11.53.22 AM.png
That same info also claims that Trailhunter only comes with a 5 foot bed and doesn't have heated seats, both of which are wrong. The chief engineer has said TH will not have a moonroof as an option.
yea, it's a coin flip atm where they finally land on that, altho the current specs @ Toyota are claiming moonroof ✅ wow. They want to throw everything & the kitchen sink at this model

Similar thinking...It's was my hunch the sport bar is just shown to help differentiate the vehicle from the Pro in photos. Hoping they leave the bed rails empty for these first allocations, but that too is a coin flip; I bet if I want an early allocation (as opposed to a custom from-factory order like they claimed in Hawaii - when) I might be forced to drive off with an entire ARB bed rack SMH. If that's the case, I bail on the TH and get a standard OR Premium w/6' bed, wait a few years for these bloated halos to get more customized.

I cannot understand for the life of me the desire for full bed rack yet exposed to dirt, mud, snow, rain. At that point, might as well enclose the bed with a topper or a wedge RTT system.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRAILHUNTER Build w/ Toyota Accessories | Float It - It's All About Balance | XOVERLAND's Trailhunter Special EP2 Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 12.00.55 PM

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
That same info also claims that Trailhunter only comes with a 5 foot bed and doesn't have heated seats, both of which are wrong. The chief engineer has said TH will not have a moonroof as an option.
Toyota website Website says Trialhunter comes in 5ft and 6ft. You can select when clicking a model to see more specs. But you're right, Toyota website is a mess with incorrect info.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRAILHUNTER Build w/ Toyota Accessories | Float It - It's All About Balance | XOVERLAND's Trailhunter Special EP2 Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 12.53.47 PM

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota website Website says Trialhunter comes in 5ft and 6ft. You can select when clicking a model to see more specs. But you're right, Toyota website is a mess with incorrect info.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 12.53.47 PM.png
OK, I now see that I was also mistaken about it saying it doesn't come with heated seats (which I was repeating after reading it elsewhere). It does say not available, but then further down it says heated and cooled is standard. Either way, I do know that I've seen several videos where it is stated that there is no moonroof on TH anymore due to it conflicting with roof racks.
Sponsored