• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Iā€™m hoping for a new 6G Ranger (SuperCrew/longbed please), but itā€™s always good to have options. The current gen Tacoma is a cramped, dated truck with horrible ergonomics and underwhelming drivetrain. I donā€™t understand at all why itā€™s the top seller in the midsize class either? Anyhow, Toyota has a ton of improvements to make before Iā€™d ever consider buying one.

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Iā€™m hoping for a new 6G Ranger (SuperCrew/longbed please), but itā€™s always good to have options. The current gen Tacoma is a cramped, dated truck with horrible ergonomics and underwhelming drivetrain. I donā€™t understand at all why itā€™s the top seller in the midsize class either? Anyhow, Toyota has a ton of improvements to make before Iā€™d ever consider buying one.
We'll have to see how the interior turns out, but chassis and powertrain should be well sorted- Fully boxed, rear coil frame, that's basically identical to the 4Runner and Prado, and the T24/10speed should be as well sorted as in the Tundra. Honestly my biggest hangup with the Ranger is with what Ford did to their employees in 2021.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
what did Ford do to their employees in 2021? I must have missed something.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I wonder if new Tacoma will have same hideous oversized front grill as new Tundra? Thats a face only a mother could love šŸ˜

Carmaker1

First Name
Dr. J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple Fords, BMWs, JLR, Toyotas
Occupation
Product Development
Should be out after the Ranger, next January. Two rivals making a big impact for 2024.
Sponsored