Sponsored

Garemz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
Nice trucks.... But

1. Way to hard to get when they finally come out.
2. Price will be Porsche mecan territory

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
Is that a fixed caliper peeking out from the wheel photo? Looks like it — maybe even a four piston job. If so, complaints about Tacomas being under-braked should be done (at least on the TRD Pro and presumably Trailhunter).

Garemz: If you’re paying base Macan money for a midsize Toyota truck, at least you might have Macan-type front brakes to show for it.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Great looking trucks! The Trailhunter in Bronze Oxide and 6’ box would be my pick but…. Don’t like the bronze wheels with that body color. Love the wheel design but wish they were available in a flat/matte black. The wheels and body don’t match and would look better with some contrast. If I end up with one next year and bronze wheels are the only option, I’ll be looking to have them powder coated lickety-split!

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
I can already see it. I'm gonna be that guy. I'm gonna end up trying to put the trailhunter grill and wheels on a bronze oxide sport.
I always do stuff like that, you take what you like from the other models and make your own. Nothing wrong with that.

PaulB

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport
I can already see it. I'm gonna be that guy. I'm gonna end up trying to put the trailhunter grill and wheels on a bronze oxide sport.
I will also be that guy, that Heritage grill with the light bar is really talking to me. I can feel it in my plums. But with some method 305 double black wheels. I have a deposit on a Bronze-Oxide OR, so the wait continues.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
I will also be that guy, that Heritage grill with the light bar is really talking to me. I can feel it in my plums. But with some method 305 double black wheels. I have a deposit on a Bronze-Oxide OR, so the wait continues.
Hope you post some photos when you get your truck and MR wheels in black. I’ll likely end up in a OR with 6’ bed in the same color and have been eyeballing MR wheels in black too (if I don end up in a TH).

paulbdotcom

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD
Is that a fixed caliper peeking out from the wheel photo? Looks like it — maybe even a four piston job. If so, complaints about Tacomas being under-braked should be done (at least on the TRD Pro and presumably Trailhunter).

Garemz: If you’re paying base Macan money for a midsize Toyota truck, at least you might have Macan-type front brakes to show for it.
Tacoma's, and previous Toyota trucks (89+), have ALWAYS had fixed 4-piston calipers.

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
Tacoma's, and previous Toyota trucks (89+), have ALWAYS had fixed 4-piston calipers.
Thanks for the info. What a strange engineering decision that I would never have considered buying: Four-piston front calipers coupled with rear drum brakes.

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
After looking at my Off Road for a month, the fender flairs on these two trucks are looking huge.

paulbdotcom

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD
Thanks for the info. What a strange engineering decision that I would never have considered buying: Four-piston front calipers coupled with rear drum brakes.
Why? I prefer rear drum brakes. Maintenance free and last 150,000 miles before replacement. Here in the northeast, rear disc brakes fail before fronts - due to rotors rusting (pads clean the rotors, and since not much braking is done in the rear, they don't clean as well as the front) Rear brakes only do about 80% of braking and these trucks suck at trailing so that's not an issue.
Sponsored