Sponsored

$50,000 and no LED Daytime running lights!

tacogarage

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd and 2nd Gen Taco
I didn’t realize this until after we took delivery and I’m sure the info was out there far before that but I totally missed the fact that even on TRD models, Headlight LED DRLs are NOT standard!!!

2024 Tacoma $50,000 and no LED Daytime running lights! 87E00236-0052-424C-B6E9-448A7D68FF9F
Sponsored

Fiigtaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR
Do they even have them? LED DRLs dont show up on the builder for me.

*I guess DRLs are standard, but doesn't specify LED DRLs

2024 Tacoma $50,000 and no LED Daytime running lights! drls

Last edited:
First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
I didn’t realize this until after we took delivery and I’m sure the info was out there far before that but I totally missed the fact that even on TRD models, Headlight LED DRLs are NOT standard!!!

87E00236-0052-424C-B6E9-448A7D68FF9F.jpeg
Are you kidding ? Why ? I have my TRD Sport 4WD MT BlueCrushMetallic with the Premium package and it better have daytime running lights.

lb272

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MT Forester
See Page 232 of the owner's manual.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Pretty sure my Off Road has them. I see them reflected in the car in front of me when daytime driving. And they are led since it is not the blinker which is the only non led light.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Same here, I never use mine. They look nice but, if someone needs those to see me they have much bigger issues to deal with.

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
It's the sequential turn signals that also act as DRLs on the Limited, Pro, and Trailhunter. I'm disappointed it was not included on the Premium package as well.

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
It's the sequential turn signals that also act as DRLs on the Limited, Pro, and Trailhunter. I'm disappointed it was not included on the Premium package as well.
I wonder if there's a way to add it, the headlight housing looks like it has the DRL section there...

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Are you kidding ? Why ? I have my TRD Sport 4WD MT BlueCrushMetallic with the Premium package and it better have daytime running lights.
They'll probably make it a standard feature on gen 4.5 like they usually do.... can't give everything away the first year, gotta roll out stuff they already made as "new features" for the next 10+ years

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
I wonder if there's a way to add it, the headlight housing looks like it has the DRL section there...
Yeah I think you could buy that part from Toyota and replace them if you wanted, but for $8800 it kind of should have been included I think.

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Yeah I think you could buy that part from Toyota and replace them if you wanted, but for $8800 it kind of should have been included I think.
Oh for sure, but Toyota had to find ways to make more money since they put so much R&D time into their front differential 😂
Sponsored