• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

6G Ranger has a revised sibling too (Everest)

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
CarScoops and Ford Authority have interesting articles about the global Ranger’s sibling… the Everest.

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/12/2023-ford-everest-teased-as-the-suv-sibling-of-the-ranger/

https://fordauthority.com/2021/12/n...ased-with-exposed-front-end-very-little-camo/

I think this looks great!… A more conventional exterior that’s less polarizing than the Bronco. If the interior mimics the Ranger, a more refined environment. Not to mention body on frame construction with off road chops that would certainly give the 4Runner a run for its money. With economy of scales factoring the large number of shared parts with the Ranger, it could be profitable for Ford too. The only obvious issue bringing this to the NA market is the lack of manufacturing space at the Wayne Plant.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
CarScoops and Ford Authority have interesting articles about the global Ranger’s sibling… the Everest.

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/12/2023-ford-everest-teased-as-the-suv-sibling-of-the-ranger/

https://fordauthority.com/2021/12/n...ased-with-exposed-front-end-very-little-camo/

I think this looks great!… A more conventional exterior that’s less polarizing than the Bronco. If the interior mimics the Ranger, a more refined environment. Not to mention body on frame construction with off road chops that would certainly give the 4Runner a run for its money. With economy of scales factoring the large number of shared parts with the Ranger, it could be profitable for Ford too. The only obvious issue bringing this to the NA market is the lack of manufacturing space at the Wayne Plant.
It would overlap to much with the Ford Explorer. Only my opinion, but I think it has zero chance of coming to the NA market.

OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
It would overlap to much with the Ford Explorer. Only my opinion, but I think it has zero chance of coming to the NA market.
Yeah, as much as I like it, I agree with you. I think it has a slim chance in showing up in NA with the Explorer as our 3 row seat option. Although I’ve read the Edge was going away? No telling if the Everest could replace it or another new EV model will take that spot in the lineup?

Reactions: Doc

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
I still think a Lincoln version of the Everest would be a great upgrade from Bronco to get to that luxury off-road (G-wagen, Land Rover, Lexus GX...) market.
I'm sure the volumes wouldn't be there to justify it, but it would be cool.

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
This made me think of a chart that leaked out last year on the Bronco6G forum when they were speculating about a full size Bronco.
I had to do a lot of digging but here it is.
Ford Ranger 6G Ranger has a revised sibling too (Everest) Opportunity

Since then, I know Ford has introduced the Timberline Explorer, which likely slots in below the FX4 Expedition. But maybe the Everest could slot right of the Timberline and above Bronco? Or maybe as suggested it replaces the Edge to fill the gap between Edge and Bronco.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
I'd highly doubt that N/A will get Everest, it's the flagship SUV for Ford globally, but basically everywhere it goes doesn't get Explorer or Expedition.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I'd highly doubt that N/A will get Everest, it's the flagship SUV for Ford globally, but basically everywhere it goes doesn't get Explorer or Expedition.
yea probably won’t happen. I bet a few Bronco owners would opt for the Everest instead. However there is a fillable void in a 4Runner contender from Ford.The Timberline series are basically aesthetics for the mall parking lots lol

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
The Everest is a fair bit bigger than the Edge was. It's a full three row SUV, bigger than the Explorer in some dimensions.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
The Everest is a fair bit bigger than the Edge was. It's a full three row SUV, bigger than the Explorer in some dimensions.
Right, i was insinuating a similar theory of the Escape vs Bronco Sport, while they are on the same platform but serve different populations. Explorer vs Everest would be a similar comparison (minus the platform obviously) but very similar sized vehicles but targeting completely different demographics.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
2023 Ford Everest Once Again Spotted Testing Stateside Ahead Of Reveal (fordauthority.com)

Not that testing mules are any indication of what is or isn't coming to NA, but with ford Axing the Ford Edge, does that maybe renew the possibility?
I think there may be enough room at Ford for a Non-Bronco off roader like the Everest. Especially since the Timberline packages are not true 4Runner competition.
Just thought I'd throw it out there :)
I think this is what will be replacing the Edge…. https://www.carscoops.com/2022/01/fords-working-on-a-new-crossover-might-be-the-fusion-active/
With that said, the Everest would have a unique spot in Ford’s NA lineup as the only 3 row seat BoF SUV. With the Broncos going for Jeep’s market share, the Everest can roast the aging Toyota 4Runner which hadn’t had competition in a long time.

MustangMech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I sure hope they bring the Everest to the US. I love my Bronco Sport, use it as my commuter. I’m too tall/ kids are too big for the back seat. Everest would be awesome for my wives next vehicle! She wouldn’t drive a big bronco.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
I sure hope they bring the Everest to the US. I love my Bronco Sport, use it as my commuter. I’m too tall/ kids are too big for the back seat. Everest would be awesome for my wives next vehicle! She wouldn’t drive a big bronco.
Polygamy is illegal in the USA.
Sponsored