All it took was 600 mi to get the check engine light on

ableduhbest

First Name
Able
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OFF-ROAD
[Update] My wife took the truck to Toyota at around 11:00 today they just released it at 4:30, I spoke with The mechanic that looked at it as well as the service manager, they were unable to determine what was wrong, All they ended up doing was clearing the engine codes and driving it for 30 mi to see if they would come back, I had talked with them about the information that has been shared in this form as well as another form and they found that very helpful, they said that they opened up a case number and they are waiting to hear back from Toyota corporate as to what to do next, they said as of now there's nothing they can do further, they said they will give me a call back to bring the vehicle in if Toyota issues a fix, other than that they said to contact them again if codes come back.

600 mi and the check engine light came on, really not pleased. I'll be going to the dealership Monday I'll give enough date as to what they tell me
20240309_142044.jpg
20240309_142042.jpg
20240309_142040.jpg
20240309_142038.jpg
20240309_142028.jpg
20240309_142022.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I wonder if thereā€™s a connector we can easily check to see if itā€™s loose? I have 1200 miles on mine and okay so far. There are a ton of connectors all around this truck including several underneath. I was looking for the accessories connector earlier today and found this one that I believe is one of the three. The other is near the windshield washer fluid and the third is supposed to be in the driverā€™s side lock panel. You can see that there are a couple other connectors next to the one I believe is for the accessories.
IMG_5778.jpeg

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Almost bet it's a loose plug again
Iā€™m going to tug at mine when I get home. Would rather it be a loose plug than one that has issues when it gets wet. Iā€™m thinking of starting a thread with pictures of ever connector so we have something to reference too. I have never seen a vehicle with so many connectors, especially underneath which is not good for one that is expected to possibly go through harsh conditions like mudding.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked under and around where the shutter system is and unfortunately you have to remove panels to get to the connectors which I don't want to do at this time. The only sensor that is clearly visible is what looks like the temperature sensor behind the grill and in front of the shutters and it's tight.
IMG_5789.jpg

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
600 mi and the check engine light came on, really not pleased. I'll be going to the dealership Monday I'll give enough date as to what they tell me
20240309_142044.jpg
20240309_142042.jpg
20240309_142040.jpg
20240309_142038.jpg
20240309_142028.jpg
20240309_142022.jpg
Dang that sucks, what trim is your Taco? When did you take delivery?

Type2Diabetes

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR - Silver
That sucks OP, hopefully itā€™s a smooth/quick fix at the dealership. Please if you could get as many details as possible for what fixes it.

Just hit 2k miles on my OR, flawless so far. Fingers crossed this will continue to be the case.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
OP, any high pressure carwash or significant rain?

OP
OP

ableduhbest

First Name
Able
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OFF-ROAD
OP, any high pressure carwash or significant rain?
It rains like a motherfucker the other day, it's also gone through several car washes, usually after it rains because of the Texas dust that collects on the vehicle

Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE premium
The shutter issue may be an easy fix you could possibly solve yourself. Remove any debris/mud/lodged pebble from the shutter assembly and that particular code should clear itself.

I recently had this same issue and simply washed my truck focusing on the front and never did take it in to the dealer. The check engine light cleared itself and hasn't appeared again since.

I plan on waiting for the hybrid TRD Off-road and hopefully these issues will be resolved by then šŸ¤ž

Holdntight

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
It rains like a motherfucker the other day, it's also gone through several car washes, usually after it rains because of the Texas dust that collects on the vehicle
Good luck and let us know how it goes. Please get as much detailed info as possible. This could be something affecting a bunch of us.

The shutter issue may be an easy fix you could possibly solve yourself. Remove any debris/mud/lodged pebble from the shutter assembly and that particular code should clear itself.

I recently had this same issue and simply washed my truck focusing on the front and never did take it in to the dealer. The check engine light cleared itself and hasn't appeared again since.

I plan on waiting for the hybrid TRD Off-road and hopefully these issues will be resolved by then šŸ¤ž
Seems like OP already done several washes. Maybe not focused on the front end but wonder if that might exacerbate the problem if it is really water/rain that caused it
Sponsored