Almost made it 1k miles | CEL

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
Got a sweet check engine light. Probably the grille shutter thing which I am assuming was the quality control issue.

IMG_2737.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
Yeah

Madmez

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav
Damb, hopefully it doesn't stay long at the dealership. Was your truck build in tj or guanajuato? They are talking about this in the 600 mile thread.

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Meanwhile my tacoma which was due to be put into production on 3/19, now has a production date of 4/6. Hoping they're adjusting their process to fix this issue.

TH1017

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Meanwhile my tacoma which was due to be put into production on 3/19, now has a production date of 4/6. Hoping they're adjusting their process to fix this issue.
Yeah I’d rather wait a little bit longer and have a truck done right. Like who is really going to care about the extra 2 weeks 5 years down the road?

Reactions: MJE
OP
OP

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
Damb, hopefully it doesn't stay long at the dealership. Was your truck build in tj or guanajuato? They are talking about this in the 600 mile thread.
I think so. Annoying as shit. I will not let the truck sit there. Plus honestly if Toyota came out with some info on the quality control and pulled their heads out of their asses would be of great help. I’ll sell this and buy a Magnuson 3rd gen if need be. My 2016 ran like a champ for being first year. 90k miles not a single light

OP
OP

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
And while we are at it is my 2-3 complaints I have. My driver door window rattles. My window switches panel has upwards bend. Lastly these trucks should have come with 14 inch screens no matter what. Absolutely mental to me a 45k base sport model comes with one and a 50k truck still gets the 8 inch lmao. Trash. I’ll send this thing off for a Ranger raptor. Oh and the screen barely starts up half the time. Gives me a dumbass PIN code error. Maps is 15$ a month? Car play half the time connects

Last edited:

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Got a sweet check engine light. Probably the grille shutter thing which I am assuming was the quality control issue.

IMG_2737.jpeg
I’ve got a running theory on this issue. Do you mind sharing the first three digits of your VIN?

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
My theory is the plant that the trucks came from. A lot of the trucks having this issue start with 3TY. These trucks come from the Guanajuato plant. So far my theory is seems to be true.
Sponsored