Sponsored

Any Wind Chill Pearl paint issues? - Anyone rolling the dice?

jspirate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 5MT Tacoma
I am curious to hear if there are any concerns related to Wind Chill Pearl paint issues. I have no confidence that Toyota has fixed the super white/ice cap pealing problem, but is Wind Chill Pearl worth considering? Its a totally different color and in theory it should not have the same issue. In theory...

Wind Chill Pearl or stay safe???
Sponsored

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
Mine is wind chill pearl and I haven't found any issues yet. Our weather hasn't been too conducive to hand washing since I've had the truck so I haven't looked that closely.

OP
OP

jspirate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 5MT Tacoma
Mine is wind chill pearl and I haven't found any issues yet. Our weather hasn't been too conducive to hand washing since I've had the truck so I haven't looked that closely.
The Ice cap/Super White takes years before you see the paint start flaking away. It took 7 years before I noticed anything on my 2014.

Toyota has issues with a number of different models (with same paint) and some of them have been recognized by Toyota, but not the Tacoma.

More info...

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
The Ice cap/Super White takes years before you see the paint start flaking away. It took 7 years before I noticed anything on my 2014.

Toyota has issues with a number of different models (with same paint) and some of them have been recognized by Toyota, but not the Tacoma.

More info...
No doubt... most issues have been with the white and not so much with the wind chill pearl

More info...
No doubt there has been a long standing issue and takes time to really develop however, most issues have been with the super white and not so much with the wind chill pearl

bml42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD Sport (6MT)
I am curious to hear if there are any concerns related to Wind Chill Pearl paint issues. I have no confidence that Toyota has fixed the super white/ice cap pealing problem, but is Wind Chill Pearl worth considering? Its a totally different color and in theory it should not have the same issue. In theory...

I went into the order process with my heart set on Underground, with Ice Cap as a second and WCP as third. The dealer eventually called me and said they were able to get me an allocation in WCP, and after I looked at images of the three of them side by side, it grew on me. Build date is coming up in just under two weeks, we'll see how long it takes to get to me. Fingers crossed for no issues!

Newwt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 TRD OR

WCP should be fine, its the ice cap you have to worry about.

ANAKA

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma, 2002 Toyota Sequoia, 1998 T100
My son has a WCP on a 2022 Tacoma and so far the WCP is fine. However, I just bought at 2024 Tacoma in WCP and had the two trucks side by side and the WCP on a 2022 Tacoma appears whiter and the 2024 Tacoma appears more silver?
Sponsored