• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Are order banks closed?

RapVillin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
business owner
Reached out to a local dealer and this is what I was told

Ford Ranger Are order banks closed? Screenshot_20230607_090020_Textra
Sponsored

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota N130 (2nd Gen), Honda EF8, BMW E82
Occupation
Creative Content Producer
This is the dealership I dealt with the last several days because they honored MSRP.

I even gave them my cc# to a deposit down. She made sure to tell me they shredded my card info. Hmm. Okay.

They had me by the nuts and told me they are in process of putting my order in until they sprung the “2.7 engine is on hold” mumbo jumbo. The 2.7 doesn’t have anything to do with the RR!

Told me the same, wait until October.

OP
OP

RapVillin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
business owner
This is the dealership I dealt with the last several days because they honored MSRP.

I even gave them my cc# to a deposit down. She made sure to tell me they shredded my card info. Hmm. Okay.

They had me by the nuts and told me they are in process of putting my order in until they sprung the “2.7 engine is on hold” mumbo jumbo. The 2.7 doesn’t have anything to do with the RR!

Told me the same, wait until October.
Seems a little sketchy to me

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Hmm this is an interesting development. I was wondering when they would close the Raptor bank. If they truly were only building less than 3000 initially, it doesn't make any sense keeping the banks open for months. They would get like tens of thousands of orders they would never be able to fulfill.

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Are they really closed or are some dealers not taking orders right now because their one allocation is gone?

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Are they really closed or are some dealers not taking orders right now because their one allocation is gone?
Yeah, that is what I am thinking has to happen. If you know your allocations are already limited being a special model, it doesn't make sense taking so many orders, and pissing that many people off when their order will not be built any time in the near future. It would make more sense if they just kept a list of interested people, in case people who order, drop off.

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah, that is what I am thinking has to happen. If you know your allocations are already limited being a special model, it doesn't make sense taking so many orders, and pissing that many people off when their order will not be built any time in the near future. It would make more sense if they just kept a list of interested people, in case people who order, drop off.
This is the way.

I’ve reached out to many dealerships. A couple of the honest ones I’ve talked to were transparent enough to say that their allocations were non-customizable (WYSIWYG). And that if and when the order banks officially open (which they are not) is when the general public can start placing their custom orders at MSRP.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
This is the way.

I’ve reached out to many dealerships. A couple of the honest ones I’ve talked to were transparent enough to say that their allocations were non-customizable (WYSIWYG). And that if and when the order banks officially open (which they are not) is when the general public can start placing their custom orders at MSRP.
When I got mine, I didn't get to customize my order. They had already ordered their allocation. I could either have Black or White because that's all they had left. Luckily, I wanted Black with no options so it worked out.

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
Damn it Ford!

Sponsored

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
When I ordered mine I could only pick color(Shelter Green). They said they couldn't add any options. It was the way I wanted anyways.

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
There are dealers that I spoke to that were willing to take orders with my build preference and submit them, with the full transparency that it's likely they might not be built any time soon. Literally like "hah- I've sent in like 5 already, doesn't hurt to submit one more I just can't promise you'll get it this year".

One thing is for sure, not all of them had the whole single allocation thing communicated to them. I've found that the ones that did explicitly get told they'd only get one- those folks are only taking 1 order, while others are just submitting orders at will and saying they hope to know more soon lol

OP
OP

RapVillin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
business owner
Seems strange that a country dealer that sells a dozen cars a year and a high volume dealer that moves hundreds are getting the same allocation 🤔

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Seems strange that a country dealer that sells a dozen cars a year and a high volume dealer that moves hundreds are getting the same allocation 🤔
Why is that?

Quite the contrary it is a smart move by Ford.

OP
OP

RapVillin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
business owner
Maybe...time will tell. Either way we are in for another disaster of a launch.
Sponsored