Sponsored

Auto Stop/start ?

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I can confirm at least a Sport + in Canada does not have it. No button no start stop. Yeeee haw!
Sponsored

joemysterio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
To be honest, the auto stop/start is the least inconvenient thing ever and amazes me how badly it irks so many. I had it on my Mini Cooper S and it was easy to control. I also have it on my current Forester which again is easy to control when I come to a stop.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
To be honest, the auto stop/start is the least inconvenient thing ever and amazes me how badly it irks so many. I had it on my Mini Cooper S and it was easy to control. I also have it on my current Forester which again is easy to control when I come to a stop.
It really varies. My wife had a C300 and it was pretty seamless and didn't bother me. On her X1 it is brutal. It shuts off prematurely (before you're even completely stopped) and it's a DCT trans so when it starts back up, it takes a few seconds to get in gear and let the clutch out again. To disable it, you have to dig through a few layers of menus. We added it to the shortcut screen to make it easier, but it's still super annoying.

FirstTimeTruckBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
Iā€™ve rented several vehicles with auto stop/start and although they offer a way to disable that feature, it does not persist and has to be done each time you start the vehicle. Iā€™m sure that limitation is mandated by federal regulations, so the automakers have no choice. I realize not all folks here find this feature annoying, but I sure do. Not only does it create unnecessary wear, but its implementation varies widely by manufacturer or model. I rented a Jeep Cherokee while visiting Yellowstone in the winter and thereā€™s a noticeable delay between the time you take your foot off the brake and hit the gas before the vehicle will start moving. It doesnā€™t inspire confidence, especially in remote areas where thereā€™s virtually no cell phone service, and Iā€™m sure that delay/hesitation will only worsen as the starter/battery wears. Itā€™s annoying that I must remember to mash the disable button each time I start the vehicle as part of my ā€œpre-flight checklistā€. I wish it could be permanently disabled, but I realize that would go against the spirit of the emissions regulation.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I agree with above postā€¦

With my previous ā€˜22 Tundra, it was annoying when parking. Park, kill the truck, truck starts back up, kill truck again. This happened about 30% of the time.

Iā€™d prefer the option to turn off the start/stop function, and it remain off until I decide to activate it again. Instead of the system turning on with each startup.

run_ruh

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road Premium Package 6-Spd (white)
My 24' TRD Off Road 6MT does not have it. Or if it does, its not on.

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback
I can confirm it does not have it. Watched a video a few weeks back and they were excited the Tacoma does not have auto start/stop.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Think I read somewhere it is the 2WD units that have the start stop on them.

ZIGGY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
My off-road does not have start stop. I hate it on my wifeā€™s 23 rav4 so I was extremely happy when I found out my truck doesnā€™t have it.

jan123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma limited
My Limited has it too. There is a button to turn it off.

But you can also control it with the brake pedal - a light push on the pedal will leave the engine running, a harder push will turn the engine off. This I find very helpful - if you know you'll be stopped for a longer time (for example, at a long-running red light) you can let the engine be turned off; if you know you'll be stopped only briefly (for example, at a stop sign or pulling into traffic) you can leave the engine on.

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
I think I have watched every single video so far on YouTube on the Tacoma. Not one video mentions if it has Auto Stop start technology.

So, my(obvious) question is, would the 2024 Tacoma ( particularly the gas version ) have this ?

Darryl
Mines (SR5 4x4) does not, praise Taylor Swift!
Sponsored