Sponsored

Black Toyota grille emblem part number # P/N ?

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual
Any of you part number sleuths out there happen to track down the part number for the black Toyota grille emblem available with the “black out” package?

My local dealer has 25% off parts and accessories online right now. Hoping to order one along with black exhaust tip and bed mat.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tekoma

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is about $7 and sold at you local Walmart. Part number is #plasticdip and can be found on the paint isle.
I plastidipped my original 2016 grille and emblems. Grille emblem takes more of a beating so I’d like to replace it with the black Toyota emblem.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I'll probably pastidip mine until real emblems are available.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I want to do the same, haven’t really looked at the emblem that close to see how easy it is to remove it. I have also thought about platidip, does anyone know if it’s stuck on with tabs or tape/glue?

Everything TRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I want to do the same, haven’t really looked at the emblem that close to see how easy it is to remove it. I have also thought about platidip, does anyone know if it’s stuck on with tabs or tape/glue?
Super easy to remove. It’s held on by 3 tabs, 1 top left, 1 top right, and 1 bottom middle. You can feel around for them by putting your fingers through the front of the emblem.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super easy to remove. It’s held on by 3 tabs, 1 top left, 1 top right, and 1 bottom middle. You can feel around for them by putting your fingers through the front of the emblem.
Will the emblem pull out without breaking the tabs or do we have to push them in from the back? I pulled at it a bit the other day and didn’t want chance breaking it.

Everything TRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Will the emblem pull out without breaking the tabs or do we have to push them in from the back? I pulled at it a bit the other day and didn’t want chance breaking it.
I was able to remove mine without breaking any of the tabs. Just go from the front and release each tab and once all is released it should just pop out. Just be patient and gentle don’t force it.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was able to remove mine without breaking any of the tabs. Just go from the front and release each tab and once all is released it should just pop out. Just be patient and gentle don’t force it.
Thanks, I am thinking of using a feeler gauge to see if I can push the tabs. Will try to tackle it this weekend. Worse case I glue the broken one back on or wait for a grill mod.

Everything TRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Thanks, I am thinking of using a feeler gauge to see if I can push the tabs. Will try to tackle it this weekend. Worse case I glue the broken one back on or wait for a grill mod.
You should be fine, good luck brother! I might be able to make a video this weekend if you don’t get it done by then but honestly you won’t need it. Once you start feeling around in there you’ll be able to figure it out.

Last edited:

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
How come some of the trucks with the blackout kit installed have silver front emblems? I've noticed this before, but didn't put much thought into it. My front emblem was blacked out when it arrived.

Type2Diabetes

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR - Silver
How come some of the trucks with the blackout kit installed have silver front emblems? I've noticed this before, but didn't put much thought into it. My front emblem was blacked out when it arrived.
I have wondered the same thing all my emblems are black on my off road premium except for the front Toyota grill badge.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s a blackout package that includes the front emblem.

OP
OP
Tekoma

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All TRD Off Road and Sport Tacomas come with the side badge in black. The blackout kit includes the front emblem, tail pipe, and the black Tacoma letter inserts for the tailgate.
Sponsored

Last edited: