• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
The 5g orders have been closed for a month now. Ford already knows how many orders they have and what needs to be built so there's no squeezing any more sales from it.

The only way the younger gens will be able to afford a Raptor is if they're trust fund brats at $60K+ price tag.
You also underestimate the amount of 5gs on Lots right now they want to move. Ford knows it very well

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
You also underestimate the amount of 5gs on Lots right now they want to move. Ford knows it very well
Underestimate the amount of 5gs on lots? Just about every dealers lot here (and in most areas) are bare, this isn't 2019 when the lots are full of new Rangers. Besides even if they were, they wouldn't hold back a launch they'd try and discount them if they really needed to move them.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
My local Dealer just got a new '22 (yes, 2022) and a new '23 in less than 2 weeks ago. Those things will sit on the lot for awhile, like the last '23 they had, which sat on the lot for 5 months.

This week's FDNB says April 17, 2023 order banks open; Job one of July 10, 2023.
If this April date holds and my Bronco order stays at it's current build week, it should work to my favor time wise. (c'mon Ford, push my Bronco order to April 24th build week 😁)

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Underestimate the amount of 5gs on lots? Just about every dealers lot here (and in most areas) are bare, this isn't 2019 when the lots are full of new Rangers. Besides even if they were, they wouldn't hold back a launch they'd try and discount them if they really needed to move them.
Exactly! Not launching them hurts the dealers because everyone knows the new ones are coming. People won't want to pay MSRP for 5G right now.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
My local Dealer just got a new '22 (yes, 2022) and a new '23 in less than 2 weeks ago. Those things will sit on the lot for awhile, like the last '23 they had, which sat on the lot for 5 months.

If this April date holds and my Bronco order stays at it's current build week, it should work to my favor time wise. (c'mon Ford, push my Bronco order to April 24th build week 😁)
IDK once the general public gets a look at the new 6G (if what we're seeing is the final look) I think those two Rangers will be gone quickly. lol Or once they hit the dealers portal and online another dealer might trade for them or a customer will fly in and grab one. These two forums represent a very small percentage of Ranger owners out there.

Hopefully your Bronco order gets pushed out. I never thought I'd be saying that line! 😁

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
There is no way younger drivers will be able to afford one. Let alone with current interest rates being what they are.
only the Nepo Babies :bandit:

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
in Texas the lots are full

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor, '13 Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
When I picked up my new blue '23 Tremor yesterday (Yea me!) I was talking to the dealer guys about the 6G release. One of them said they were reading the same forums and news sites we all do just trying to figure out what was going on. Said Ford had been less than eager to provide any firm info.

As to the remaining 5G's, sales manger told me they'd been struggling to get any. Limited slots for dealer stock orders. Same with the '22s prior. Went on to say that he was pleasantly surprised recently when Ford told him that they'd earned one more '23. He expects it in the next few weeks. Be the first Ranger he's had in a while for the lot. He was very happy about getting another. Expects it to sell very quickly.

BTW, they did have a Bronco.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
When I picked up my new blue '23 Tremor yesterday (Yea me!) I was talking to the dealer guys about the 6G release. One of them said they were reading the same forums and news sites we all do just trying to figure out what was going on. Said Ford had been less than eager to provide any firm info.

As to the remaining 5G's, sales manger told me they'd been struggling to get any. Limited slots for dealer stock orders. Same with the '22s prior. Went on to say that he was pleasantly surprised recently when Ford told him that they'd earned one more '23. He expects it in the next few weeks. Be the first Ranger he's had in a while for the lot. He was very happy about getting another. Expects it to sell very quickly.

BTW, they did have a Bronco.
That's how it is at just about every dealer, little to no inventory on Rangers or any popular model. Unless of course they're still marking them up over MSRP then they'll be sitting for a long time. These higher interest rates have pushed many from qualifying of their payments never mind adding on ADM's. You've seen on the 5G site as well, those looking for a 5G now are having a hard time finding one on the dealers lots. Especially in blue. Some people are just crazy over that darn blue color for some reason. :rolleyes: 😜

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
There is no way younger drivers will be able to afford one. Let alone with current interest rates being what they are.
May I offer a different perspective on the interest rate angle? Full disclosure here: I start Medicare in 1 month. IMO, interest rates are still very affordable by historical standards. My parents bought our 2nd family home in 1970. Modest, cookie cutter tract home in nice San Diego neighborhood, 1 year old, $38k @ 18% interest! That was the going rate. My wife and I, from 1995 on never saw new or refinance rate less than 7.75% until the aftermath of 2006 market crash and HARP program got us around 6.25%- we were thrilled. I bought my 1st financed new vehicle in 1987 (Ranger #1) using Credit union 3 year loan @ 6% IIRC and it was simple interest when I was making about $7.75/hr and supporting myself.

These rates today are extremely affordable by those standards, but things have been skewed out of proportion for younger generations due to the easy money policies resulting from policies to rebuild the economy after great recession and basically no inflation during the same period. This was extremely unusual for my age group and we're just now getting back to normal from my lifetime experience. Internet and social media promotes unrealistic lifestyle experiences and few people are taught basic economic survival skills growing up. Life is what you make it and survival of the fittest is an undeniable reality that you must respect to thrive and keep your head on straight. 🙂

Boomer out 😎

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
May I offer a different perspective on the interest rate angle? Full disclosure here: I start Medicare in 1 month. IMO, interest rates are still very affordable by historical standards. My parents bought our 2nd family home in 1970. Modest, cookie cutter tract home in nice San Diego neighborhood, 1 year old, $38k @ 18% interest! That was the going rate. My wife and I, from 1995 on never saw new or refinance rate less than 7.75% until the aftermath of 2006 market crash and HARP program got us around 6.25%- we were thrilled. I bought my 1st financed new vehicle in 1987 (Ranger #1) using Credit union 3 year loan @ 6% IIRC and it was simple interest when I was making about $7.75/hr and supporting myself.

These rates today are extremely affordable by those standards, but things have been skewed out of proportion for younger generations due to the easy money policies resulting from policies to rebuild the economy after great recession and basically no inflation during the same period. This was extremely unusual for my age group and we're just now getting back to normal from my lifetime experience. Internet and social media promotes unrealistic lifestyle experiences and few people are taught basic economic survival skills growing up. Life is what you make it and survival of the fittest is an undeniable reality that you must respect to thrive and keep your head on straight. 🙂

Boomer out 😎
Yeah my parents bought their house in San Diego in the 80s for 125k, and I believe their rate was around 17%. They also told me, "See interest rates aren't so bad." Only problem is, that house is now worth probably 1.3 million, as well as most decent houses in San Diego. So yeah, 6% doesn't sound bad, but a million dollars for a regular-ass house that you need to put another 100K into, is. Millennials getting screwed again and again. No wonder they call us the inheriting class.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yeah my parents bought their house in San Diego in the 80s for 125k, and I believe their rate was around 17%. They also told me, "See interest rates aren't so bad." Only problem is, that house is now worth probably 1.3 million, as well as most decent houses in San Diego. So yeah, 6% doesn't sound bad, but a million dollars for a regular-ass house that you need to put another 100K into, is. Millennials getting screwed again and again. No wonder they call us the inheriting class.
yeah, my wife and I both grew up in SD and spent our entire working lives there mostly in Electronics/defense and high tech. The place just changed so much we don't recognize it anymore and knew we'd never be able to afford to retire there, so started looking at other states back around 2003. We eventually chose SW CO (4 corners area), and it costs less than 50% of CA. Moved permanently in 2017. I don't want to get any politics involved here so I'll just close out saying you youngsters probably have 2 choices: wait out the housing market for the next crash cycle to buy or look for cheaper locations to live well and retire.

Good Luck on that. :oops:
Sponsored