• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor, '13 Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Have you made back into the house to sleep yet? Or is your wife feeding you your meals in the garage still ?😂
Actually got busted again last night just standing in the garage looking at it. :blush: The Warden was coming out to get something out of my beer fridge. Saw me, hesitated just a sec, asked "Are you going to kiss it?" Gave me her best "I married an idiot grin," grabbed whatever it was from the fridge and went back in the house.

The Warden's having a bit too much fun with me and my truck.

And BTW, yea she insists on putting food in my beer fridge. What's a guy to do? But, she did let me buy the Tremor!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Actually got busted again last night just standing in the garage looking at it. :blush: The Warden was coming out to get something out of my beer fridge. Saw me, hesitated just a sec, asked "Are you going to kiss it?" Gave me her best "I married an idiot grin," grabbed whatever it was from the fridge and went back in the house.

The Warden's having a bit too much fun with me and my truck.

And BTW, yea she insists on putting food in my beer fridge. What's a guy to do? But, she did let me buy the Tremor!
They never understand! :rolleyes: Annie thinks knows I'm obsessed with mine too. Almost 4 years later I'm still talking about it and detailing it all the time. She was watching me go through the photos on my phone once and noticed almost all of them are my Ranger. I told her there was one or two of her from our trip last June in there somewhere. She didn't think that was all to funny but what's she going to do, kick me out on the garage with my truck? :oops::inlove:😂 God help her if I do get a Raptor.😁

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Besides even if they were, they wouldn't hold back a launch...
There were thousands of incomplete trucks in holding lots. Ford will take their sweet ol' time ramping up the new model while they clear out inventory with the least incentives necessary.

Chris D Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
Network Operations Manager
I just want some info on powertrains. Will the only option be the 2.3 and then the 3.0 in the raptor? I want a hybrid and I want a timeline. I have no issue with my 2019, but the interior needs updates. I will be hard for me to pick the 2024 2.3 Ranger over the ATX4 GM with a 2.7HO. Makes me a little ill, but that ATX looks good.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I just want some info on powertrains. Will the only option be the 2.3 and then the 3.0 in the raptor? I want a hybrid and I want a timeline. I have no issue with my 2019, but the interior needs updates. I will be hard for me to pick the 2024 2.3 Ranger over the ATX4 GM with a 2.7HO. Makes me a little ill, but that ATX looks good.
Funny, I was on the Chevy and GMC sites yesterday building one of each in their build configurators. Just wanted to get an idea of prices. It’s going to be a pass for me on both GM mid-sizes with no crewcab/longbed configurations.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I have seen Zero indication there will be anything but the legacy 2.3L + 10spd offered in any version other than Raptor. I'm good with that. Ask yourself why would it make sense financially for Ford to do anything else at this point in time? Tacoma is the benchmark for all midsize players, and they sell nearly 250k units per year with no hybrid available. We've seen a production road map for the 6G going out to 2029 with no hybrid. Then they tweak the platform again to run another decade with only a "EV" generic notation. IMO, the return on investment slicing off precious resources and adding production complexity just isn't there for a hybrid when the trend is to force everyone into full BEV eventually. Of course I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
So do they plan on doing a launch before the order banks open???

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
So do they plan on doing a launch before the order banks open???
I would assume there would be a launch? I can’t imagine anyone other than dealerships ordering for stock who would buy without knowing power train details, trim packages and colors.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
that is the hope :headbang:

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I would assume there would be a launch? I can’t imagine anyone other than dealerships ordering for stock who would buy without knowing power train details, trim packages and colors.
Talked to my trusted local dealer about this yesterday. Asked about doing a "pre-order reservation list". He said no need, I'll be the 1st 1 they take as there's nobody else even asking about 6G Rangers, (except 1 guy in the next town who already gave a verbal commitment for a RRaptor only). I think he just got an F-150 Raptor from them last year. Pretty much the same scenario as when I asked about Mavericks before anyone else. Their F&I guy actually told me I know more about the Ranger than they do and I would be a resource for them! :LOL:

Told my sales guy if no build & price or order guides available at Day 1 of ordering that I would just put in a blind "placeholder" order that we could modify after the B&P is up and price guides in hand. He was OK with that. I did a build for the 2023 5G and going to assume we can just use that as a guide when placing order and see what it takes and what is rejected as not available/offered.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Talked to my trusted local dealer about this yesterday. Asked about doing a "pre-order reservation list". He said no need, I'll be the 1st 1 they take as there's nobody else even asking about 6G Rangers, (except 1 guy in the next town who already gave a verbal commitment for a RRaptor only). I think he just got an F-150 Raptor from them last year. Pretty much the same scenario as when I asked about Mavericks before anyone else. Their F&I guy actually told me I know more about the Ranger than they do and I would be a resource for them! :LOL:

Told my sales guy if no build & price or order guides available at Day 1 of ordering that I would just put in a blind "placeholder" order that we could modify after the B&P is up and price guides in hand. He was OK with that. I did a build for the 2023 5G and going to assume we can just use that as a guide when placing order and see what it takes and what is rejected as not available/offered.
It's making me pretty uneasy about this April 17th order date, consider there is 0 hints or teases from Ford at all.

If you recall, Chevrolet certainly teased the new Colorado a month before the announcement, and then after announcement it was still a couple months from order banks open. Meanwhile, we are supposedly a month-ish away from order banks on ranger??

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
I have seen Zero indication there will be anything but the legacy 2.3L + 10spd offered in any version other than Raptor. I'm good with that. Ask yourself why would it make sense financially for Ford to do anything else at this point in time? Tacoma is the benchmark for all midsize players, and they sell nearly 250k units per year with no hybrid available. We've seen a production road map for the 6G going out to 2029 with no hybrid. Then they tweak the platform again to run another decade with only a "EV" generic notation. IMO, the return on investment slicing off precious resources and adding production complexity just isn't there for a hybrid when the trend is to force everyone into full BEV eventually. Of course I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️
They need to use the 2.3 with 300 hp. It can be done. Pretty sure the Mustang has more horsepower as mentioned in a previous post. Tune the current a bit and get the hp to start with a 3..
Mustang
”the new 2.3-liter I-4 EcoBoost makes 315 hp and 350 lb-ft, meaning it gets the old model's maximum torque output standard and generates an extra 5 hp.”

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-ford-mustang-engine-ecoboost-v-8-deep-dive/

New model. Do it right dammit!

If Chevy has 310, I want Ford to have 315 or more.

Last edited:

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
They need to use the 2.3 with 300 hp. It can be done. Pretty sure the Mustang has more horsepower as mentioned in a previous post. Tune the current a bit and get the hp to start with a 3..
Mustang
”the new 2.3-liter I-4 EcoBoost makes 315 hp and 350 lb-ft, meaning it gets the old model's maximum torque output standard and generates an extra 5 hp.”

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-ford-mustang-engine-ecoboost-v-8-deep-dive/

New model. Do it right dammit!

If Chevy has 310, I want Ford to have 315 or more.
I have heard Ford typically makes Tuning packs available at some point after launch in some models that boost power but don't void warranty like aftermarket. Why not just make Tuning pack available on B&P tool like any other option at launch? That might get the 2.3 to the 300 hp you want but people looking at best MPG could skip it. Everybody wins.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
I have heard Ford typically makes Tuning packs available at some point after launch in some models that boost power but don't void warranty like aftermarket. Why not just make Tuning pack available on B&P tool like any other option at launch? That might get the 2.3 to the 300 hp you want but people looking at best MPG could skip it. Everybody wins.
From what I read the 2.3 that I referenced gets BETTER MPG. That’s everybody winning in my book. Ford has the ability to put a top of class product out there if they so choose.