• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
OP
OP

josh82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Bad news, This weeks FDNB pushed the dates; May 26, 2023 is now order banks opening and Job 1 is now Aug 7, 2023.
Sponsored

Chris D Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
Network Operations Manager
Tacoma is rumored to have a hybrid. Ford has the 2.7 in the Bronco... I could see it not at the launch, but I think it's a mistake to not at least match GM.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
It would be a bigger mistake to overextend themselves and Ford go bankrupt because of it.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
From what I read the 2.3 that I referenced gets BETTER MPG. That’s everybody winning in my book. Ford has the ability to put a top of class product out there if they so choose.
Yes, I read a detailed article on that motor several months ago. I think it might have been linked here. Showed some casting reinforced areas and some internal changes IIRC. Could be a figment of my cranky Senior memory, but I think they gave a reason why it wouldn't be suitable for Ranger at this time?

You and I both have Mavericks with the 2.0 250hp and I'm pretty impressed with it. It's galaxies ahead of my previous 4 Rangers performance wise. It's not anywhere near the fun factor of stomping the gas in our F-150 with Coyote V-8, but I'm not looking for that in a daily driver at this point in my life. My thing is vintage dirt & street Yamahas and a modern Beta trail bike. My needs in a smaller truck are more utilitarian than performance oriented at this point in life, but I get the need for speed some of you youngsters still crave 😉

Chris D Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
Network Operations Manager
Yes, I read a detailed article on that motor several months ago. I think it might have been linked here. Showed some casting reinforced areas and some internal changes IIRC. Could be a figment of my cranky Senior memory, but I think they gave a reason why it wouldn't be suitable for Ranger at this time?

You and I both have Mavericks with the 2.0 250hp and I'm pretty impressed with it. It's galaxies ahead of my previous 4 Rangers performance wise. It's not anywhere near the fun factor of stomping the gas in our F-150 with Coyote V-8, but I'm not looking for that in a daily driver at this point in my life. My thing is vintage dirt & street Yamahas and a modern Beta trail bike. My needs in a smaller truck are more utilitarian than performance oriented at this point in life, but I get the need for speed some of you youngsters still crave 😉
I'm a really practical guy about a lot of things, but on my truck I'm dumb. I get what I want not what I need. I have a 2019 Ranger it's more than adequate and honestly shouldn't even be looking at a new vehicle, but I am. So far I think the 23 GM AT4 is a better looking truck, I'm waiting to see what the 24 Tremor looks like... If the GM looks better and has the stronger Powerplant it's gonna be hard for me to go Ranger, and that sucks as a Ford guy.

Sponsored

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain

I am far from a youngster, lol. You are correct in the Maverick being pretty quick, almost too quick. Some want various configurations that would be more complex for build but I simply want the best that Ford can do with what they already have. Why settle for less when they can make the good better without making production complicated or major design changes? A new model revision so give it the best available. My point is they are facing tough competition in the midsize market but it’s Ford so dammit make it the best. Ford is the best at trucks, that philosophy should be more than just F-150 or Bronco. My opinion but dammit it’s Ford and it’s a truck. If they can make The toughest, most powerful, most multi-purpose throughout the lineup…Just do it.
Rant over from a dude in his fifties that’s owned Mustangs, Bronco’, F-150’s, and various other performance and off road vehicles. They can give the Wow factor to all levels from XLT to Raptor and do it what they already have in the playbook.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Bad news, This weeks FDNB pushed the dates; May 26, 2023 is now order banks opening and Job 1 is now Aug 7, 2023.
Well that just put a damper on things! :oops:

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Welp, I guess I dodged being on vacation with this new date as well so thats good. But, don't think anyone is surprised.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
That's not the information I was hoping to see. :frown:

BlockRanger11

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda accord
Occupation
Associate Manager
Update March 4:

This weeks FDNB pushed the dates; May 26, 2023 is now order banks opening and Job 1 is now Aug 7, 2023.

Original Post:

This week's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) from Ford says April 17, 2023 order banks open; Job one of July 10, 2023 (confirms previous report posted here).

2024-Ranger-Order-Banks-Job-1-Schedule.png
When will ordering for raptor be available? And what is msrp

Sponsored

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
Given the 5/26 order bank opening when will the configuration documentation be available? Month before? Asking for a friend......

Cometcatbird

First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape 2012/F150 2013
Occupation
Field Service Mining
Update March 4:

This weeks FDNB pushed the dates; May 26, 2023 is now order banks opening and Job 1 is now Aug 7, 2023.

2024-ranger-fdnb-schedule.png

Original Post:

This week's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) from Ford says April 17, 2023 order banks open; Job one of July 10, 2023 (confirms previous report posted here).

2024-Ranger-Order-Banks-Job-1-Schedule.png
Is there any information on when the 2024 Ranger models will be out to see what trims, colors used, etc.?

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Is there any information on when the 2024 Ranger models will be out to see what trims, colors used, etc.?
Nothing as of yet.

The speculation is the G6 Ranger 'could' show up at the New York Auto Show, but that's all it is, speculation.

It's been nothing but crickets chirping on the information and build & price front.

Cometcatbird

First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape 2012/F150 2013
Occupation
Field Service Mining
Nothing as of yet.

The speculation is the G6 Ranger 'could' show up at the New York Auto Show, but that's all it is, speculation.

It's been nothing but crickets chirping on the information and build & price front.
I just want a eruption green Ranger. lol
I'll keep watching for info like everyone else.

Thanks!

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Last edited:
Reactions: MJE