• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Cactus Gray Ranger 6G spotted

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 lightning blue w/302A
Occupation
Retired
This time in Cactus Gray. I'm with everyone else in wanting to get rid of that ugly plastic looking H on the front grill. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/03/2024-ford-ranger-xlt-in-cactus-gray-real-world-photos/
Nothing we haven't seen before. Only comment is they mispelled "Uglier". It is definitely not edgier than the current genetation Ranger.

On a side note what package are you going to have to buy to get the rear side steps? Is it going to be a standalone option? At what cost? I like my Trek Step better any way.

Haven't seen anything that makes me want to trade my fully equipped MY 2019 5G.

jezzza

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor RA
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
So bizarre how this article makes out like this vehicle hasn't already sold all over the world for 6 months. Sure this version is built stateside but why anyone's surprised by it's styling is beyond me.

OP
OP
rwolfcastle

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
On a side note what package are you going to have to buy to get the rear side steps? Is it going to be a standalone option? At what cost?
I can't say for certain but I think the rear step is included on every version but the Raptor. The only reason it's not on the Raptor is because the tail pipes are in the way and they couldn't make it work.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
I can't say for certain but I think the rear step is included on every version but the Raptor. The only reason it's not on the Raptor is because the tail pipes are in the way and they couldn't make it work.
Not just the pipes, the sides of the bed don't extend as low on the Raptor to increase the departure angle

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
On a side note what package are you going to have to buy to get the rear side steps? Is it going to be a standalone option? At what cost? I like my Trek Step better any way.
I think the only spy photos with it is the Lariat trim thus far. Unknown if it might be tied to a package that was also on the spied Lariat.

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
So bizarre how this article makes out like this vehicle hasn't already sold all over the world for 6 months. Sure this version is built stateside but why anyone's surprised by it's styling is beyond me.
me too. There are people who come here and every post call it ugly even though they’ve done it 5x before. It’s also like they forget what forum they’re in…

OP
OP
rwolfcastle

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
me too. There are people who come here and every post call it ugly even though they’ve done it 5x before. It’s also like they forget what forum they’re in…
We haven't forgotten what forum we're in. I like that we can be honest about it instead of everyone being so brand loyal that they ignore huge concerns. A lot of us had/have 5G Rangers and for the US spec, they changed the bumper configuration to steel. The ROW 5G Rangers had different bumpers. This is why we expected the US spec 6G to have the bumper separation (like the 6G RRAptor) but it looks like they are disappointingly keeping the ROW bumper for the US.

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
We haven't forgotten what forum we're in. I like that we can be honest about it instead of everyone being so brand loyal that they ignore huge concerns. A lot of us had/have 5G Rangers and for the US spec, they changed the bumper configuration to steel. The ROW 5G Rangers had different bumpers. This is why we expected the US spec 6G to have the bumper separation (like the 6G RRAptor) but it looks like they are disappointingly keeping the ROW bumper for the US.
Sure. But do you guys have to say it every time a new picture is posted as if you’re surprised? We’ve know how the truck was going to look for an over a year now. We get it too. After the fifth time saying you don’t like the front we really don’t need to hear that anymore. You aren’t going to buy a 6th gen because you hate the front and that’s fine. I think the fifth gen is fugly but I don’t keep repeating that fact every time the subject comes up

OP
OP
rwolfcastle

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure. But do you guys have to say it every time a new picture is posted as if you’re surprised? We’ve know how the truck was going to look for an over a year now. We get it too. After the fifth time saying you don’t like the front we really don’t need to hear that anymore. You aren’t going to buy a 6th gen because you hate the front and that’s fine. I think the fifth gen is fugly but I don’t keep repeating that fact every time the subject comes up
Point to me exactly one time I've mentioned other than this post. All I said was that I agree with other posters. I also never said I'm not going to buy a 6th gen because of it. I just wish it looked better that's all.

Also, we haven't known for over a year how it's going to look because again, the US bumper was changed on the last version so we all hoped it would change on this one as well. It's only been confirmed that this bumper is staying within the last 2 months maybe.

The reason people come to these forums is for some camaraderie and because it's not Twitter or any other awful social media site. Stop picking fights with people over mundane things.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
It's only been confirmed that this bumper is staying within the last 2 months maybe.
Has it? Unless I've missed something there has been no official announcement/reveal of the NA 6G version. The only thing that I've seen is these spy shots.

I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope the actual released version will be different (although I know that is a sliver of hope at this point).

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Point to me exactly one time I've mentioned other than this post. All I said was that I agree with other posters. I also never said I'm not going to buy a 6th gen because of it. I just wish it looked better that's all.

Also, we haven't known for over a year how it's going to look because again, the US bumper was changed on the last version so we all hoped it would change on this one as well. It's only been confirmed that this bumper is staying within the last 2 months maybe.

The reason people come to these forums is for some camaraderie and because it's not Twitter or any other awful social media site. Stop picking fights with people over mundane things.
You’re here calling the truck the forum is centered on, the trucks many here own ugly and I am the one picking fights?

we have known far longer than 2 months what the truck was going to look like even if you somehow ignore the global releases.

one would think one’s time would be better spent than going to a 6th gen forum to call a 6th gen ugly no matter how many times you do it

OP
OP
rwolfcastle

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has it? Unless I've missed something there has been no official announcement/reveal of the NA 6G version. The only thing that I've seen is these spy shots.

I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope the actual released version will be different (although I know that is a sliver of hope at this point).
You are correct. There have been no official announcemenst yet. Hopefully next week or two at the NY auto show. He was so adamant about something he knew nothing about that my response was basically throwing a bone because so many testers have been seen driving around the past 2 months with that bumper. I do hope they surprise us all when they announce it but I'm also trying to come to terms with it in case it's staying.
Sponsored