• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Changing oil filter on 6G Ranger- DIY easy or PITA?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I don't own a 5G Ranger so only going by what I was told, that it is necessary to remove Left front wheel to replace oil filter on 5G Ranger. Can anyone confirm this? I've always done my own oil changes until recently and have no place to do them at home now.

Next question is; with frame redesign making track 2" wider on 6G Ranger, have they made it easier to change oil filter without lifting the truck and R&R front wheel?

TIA!
Sponsored

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
You do not need to remove the wheel. I turn the wheel all the way to the right, remove the small cover inside the fender well (10 or 11 body clips), reach in to pull out the oil filter. Ther is a drip tray to catch the oil (the oil filter is mounted horizontally) that follows the frame rail about a foot towards the rear. It was a pain the 1st oil change but not really bad after a few times.
Check out the Ranger 5G site for more detailed instructions.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Next question is; with frame redesign making track 2" wider on 6G Ranger, have they made it easier to change oil filter without lifting the truck and R&R front wheel?
What will make a bigger difference, is that the wheel base is 50mm longer (~2"). The front axle has been shifted forwards on the frame.
Sponsored