Sponsored

Rover Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Alright guys, took one for the team and decided to order a set of relatively pricey seat covers without any reviews. Here's my take:

First off, if you have a Costco membership, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Costco sells the Coverking custom covers at a significant discount, and the ordering process essentially takes you directly to the Coverking website. I was able to order a pair of genuine neoprene covers for 250 + tax, only $100 more if you wanted the rear covers (versus $350 front or $700 (!!!) for the pair directly from Coverking). Turnaround time was ~6 days.

- Installation: Holy smokes this was not trivial, but I do not hold this against Coverking. Due to essentially having a motherboard full of electronics under each seat in my premium OR, running the straps underneath the seats took a significant amount of patience. Furthermore, you need to initially tuck the clips through the front of the seat into the rear, but the Taco seats themselves have a cover that does not expose the crack between the upper and lower portion of the seat in the rear cabin. Thus, again, patience was required when trying to feed the straps into a location they could be reached. Overall, no disassembly of anything was required, but I probably spent a good 90 minutes on a process which I expected to take 20.

- Fit: Coming from generic universal seat covers, I can definitely see why people pay for custom fit. While not absolutely perfect, I felt no bunching or odd fitting of material when sitting in the seats. I'd rate the fit 7-8/10, but also am aware that any loose or strange fittings could come from user installation error. Side note: Anti-slip mats came with the package and were placed on the seats before installation, to help reduce any slipping/sliding.

- Comfort/function: Very comfortable, thick padding, based on initial usage I am satisfied with my purchase. I spent quite a bit of time deciding between neoprene vs other materials, and time will tell how well these hold up during the weekend abuse between home projects, a rampant Corgi, and camping in Southern California. They run a little warm, and don't allow for much airflow when using the seat ventilation, but I kinda knew that going in. There is a tradeoff between having seat covers that allow your spouse to spill their coffee during road trips, and having good ventilation during the hot summer days. :ROFLMAO:

Photos below, my iPhone loves misrepresenting colors but I am happy with the two-tone charcoal:

2024 Tacoma Coverking custom neoprene seat cover review IMG_9162

2024 Tacoma Coverking custom neoprene seat cover review IMG_9164

2024 Tacoma Coverking custom neoprene seat cover review IMG_9165
Sponsored

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Very nice. Been using Coverking since my Gen2 across 4 different Tacomas and have always been happy with them. I've used the Neoprene as well as the ballistic (great for large dogs in the back seat) and both were very durable and outlasted my ownership of the truck and in some cases were handed down to family who are still using them on an '05.

I have Neoprene ordered (in transit and should be here before the weekend) in orange and black to accent my Solar Octane OR.

They definitely take some effort and patience to install but that's to be expected when they are designed to hug the seats so tightly (although I feel like I'm a pro at it by now). Fortunately, it's not something you have to do more than once typically.

Glad to see it looks like they did the 2024 justice on the fit as well but not loving that large obvious zipper. Could have had a velcro flap that closed over it or something. I don't think the previous gen covers had any visible zippers (just one behind the back seat) but I could be remembering wrong since I didn't bother with front seat covers on the truck I just replaced.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got mine today and got them installed. Did your headrest covers seem like they had too much of a flap on the sides? Not sure what to do with all that extra material. Tuck it under the elastic or over... either way it looks less than optimal and adds bulk so the headrest won't got all the way down.

I got back seat covers too and they have some fitment issues. The hole for the snap on the side of the upper seats is an inch or more too low and completely unfinished and for the headrests rather than just cut custom fit holes like they did on the front, it's a big open section with a flap that goes back between the 2 holes... and that flap is too wide so it bunches up under the headrest.

Overall, I'm "ok" with them but they are definitely not up to the standard I have come to expect from Coverking based on previous generations. Feels like they probably made their template from specs or measuring someone's and never actually test fitting a prototype.

I'd still recommend them, but not as passionately as I would have based on the gen 2 and gen 3 covers I've gotten from them.

The extra flap on the headrests.
2024 Tacoma Coverking custom neoprene seat cover review 20240419_180156

The misaligned hole for the snap which is where my finger is pressing.
2024 Tacoma Coverking custom neoprene seat cover review 20240419_180239

Strange choice to use a misfitting flap instead of cutting holes for the headrest.
2024 Tacoma Coverking custom neoprene seat cover review 20240419_180344

And the finished product
2024 Tacoma Coverking custom neoprene seat cover review 20240419_180521
2024 Tacoma Coverking custom neoprene seat cover review 20240419_180516

This is in a solar octane, thus the color choice.

OP
OP

Rover Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
@Drakka01 I found the headrest cover a little awkward as well with that flap, but I figured there was a reason for it. I like your color choice. I agree with the overall fit, good but not perfect- I am thinking that will be the trend for many accessories coming out right now as mfrs race to get things out. At Costco pricing, I think they are still a good deal here no doubt, especially compared to Okole's. I'm happy with my front covers as I think they will stand up to the abuse, and have yet to come loose as we get in/out (which is the most important reason to buy custom IMO). Those rear covers are a bit disappointing with that hole- I would ask for a partial refund at least, see what they say.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Drakka01 I found the headrest cover a little awkward as well with that flap, but I figured there was a reason for it. I like your color choice. I agree with the overall fit, good but not perfect- I am thinking that will be the trend for many accessories coming out right now as mfrs race to get things out. At Costco pricing, I think they are still a good deal here no doubt, especially compared to Okole's. I'm happy with my front covers as I think they will stand up to the abuse, and have yet to come loose as we get in/out (which is the most important reason to buy custom IMO). Those rear covers are a bit disappointing with that hole- I would ask for a partial refund at least, see what they say.
I submitted a request to support with my concerns including that hole. They have a "perfect fit guarantee" and that's objectively not a fit so we'll see what they say.

What I'm hoping for is they come out with a revision 2 and offer to replace mine.

Madmez

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav
I was going to get the leather ones, but now I'm on the fence about these.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright guys, took one for the team and decided to order a set of relatively pricey seat covers without any reviews. Here's my take:

First off, if you have a Costco membership, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Costco sells the Coverking custom covers at a significant discount, and the ordering process essentially takes you directly to the Coverking website. I was able to order a pair of genuine neoprene covers for 250 + tax, only $100 more if you wanted the rear covers (versus $350 front or $700 (!!!) for the pair directly from Coverking). Turnaround time was ~6 days.

- Installation: Holy smokes this was not trivial, but I do not hold this against Coverking. Due to essentially having a motherboard full of electronics under each seat in my premium OR, running the straps underneath the seats took a significant amount of patience. Furthermore, you need to initially tuck the clips through the front of the seat into the rear, but the Taco seats themselves have a cover that does not expose the crack between the upper and lower portion of the seat in the rear cabin. Thus, again, patience was required when trying to feed the straps into a location they could be reached. Overall, no disassembly of anything was required, but I probably spent a good 90 minutes on a process which I expected to take 20.

- Fit: Coming from generic universal seat covers, I can definitely see why people pay for custom fit. While not absolutely perfect, I felt no bunching or odd fitting of material when sitting in the seats. I'd rate the fit 7-8/10, but also am aware that any loose or strange fittings could come from user installation error. Side note: Anti-slip mats came with the package and were placed on the seats before installation, to help reduce any slipping/sliding.

- Comfort/function: Very comfortable, thick padding, based on initial usage I am satisfied with my purchase. I spent quite a bit of time deciding between neoprene vs other materials, and time will tell how well these hold up during the weekend abuse between home projects, a rampant Corgi, and camping in Southern California. They run a little warm, and don't allow for much airflow when using the seat ventilation, but I kinda knew that going in. There is a tradeoff between having seat covers that allow your spouse to spill their coffee during road trips, and having good ventilation during the hot summer days. :ROFLMAO:

Photos below, my iPhone loves misrepresenting colors but I am happy with the two-tone charcoal:

IMG_9162.jpg

IMG_9164.jpg

IMG_9165.jpg
After looking at your photo again, I believe you actually have them on backwards. The zippers on mine are toward the console. Their tag indicating which side is which is very cryptic so I've put mine on wrong in the past.

On the lower part of the cover, you should have a small bungie on one side and a section doubled over and stitched on the other. The doubled over part is meant to be tucked behind the plastic and below a steal rod above the power seat controls to keep the side of the cover from coming untucked when you slide into the seat. That one little bungie will never hold for that.

OP
OP

Rover Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
After looking at your photo again, I believe you actually have them on backwards. The zippers on mine are toward the console. Their tag indicating which side is which is very cryptic so I've put mine on wrong in the past.

On the lower part of the cover, you should have a small bungie on one side and a section doubled over and stitched on the other. The doubled over part is meant to be tucked behind the plastic and below a steal rod above the power seat controls to keep the side of the cover from coming untucked when you slide into the seat. That one little bungie will never hold for that.
Oh boy, I was going crazy trying to figure this one out. For their 3rd gen installation video, they have bungie hooks going down both sides. I had no idea how to connect the bungie from the inner side of the seat, yet I had no idea what that doubled over part was for either. Thanks, I will give it another go.

OP
OP

Rover Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Wouldnt these greatly reduce the efficiency of the heated and ventilated seats?
Yes, there will always be a tradeoff for each material. Neoprene pretty much negates the ventilation, especially considering the seats are not air-conditioned. For heat transfer, the seat warmers will work eventually but the neoprene also prevents your body from transferring heat to the porous seat material in cold conditions as the material is very insulating, so it's a win-win in that regard.

With seat covers, there will always be a tradeoff between water resistance and porosity. Coverking and many other mfrs also make lighter, more breathable mesh covers (also sold through the Costco portal, fyi), but you also aren't getting much in the way of stain protection. When I was doing research on the most popular previous gen Taco covers, I saw Wet Okole come up a lot- another highly rated neoprene-based custom cover. My previous truck seats took a lot of abuse between plants, rocks, dirt, food and beverages, dogs, etc- to the point of needing to be reupholstered- just want to help mitigate that process while I can.

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Colorado Z71
I have CoverKing canvas seat covers on my 2016 Colorado. They've been on since I bought the vehicle. Other than having stains, the covers are pretty much still like new and my seats underneath are definitely like brand new. Same struggle with getting them on, which is only mildly annoying because it discourages me from taking them off and washing them more often. I've got heated seats, not ventilated, and any reduction in heat from the covers is insignificant. They'll definitely be my first consideration for my 2024 Tacoma.
Sponsored