• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Did I awaken from a Ranger Raptor fever dream?

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Good points, but I have to respectfully disagree that you feel Ford isn't paying a lot of attention to the twins. I fully agree that Toyota is the one they are after, and their ultimate goal is to topple them from top spot, but that doesn't mean they aren't giving others as much attention. If you want to be number one, you have to be just as concerned about who's below you, as who's above you. They are all competition and all take a piece of the pie. With the new model of the twins being available now, they have a full year to pick up extra market share, that they wouldn't necessarily get if the new Ranger and Tacoma were out as well. The twins being out now, is going to be concerning for Toyota as well.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Good points, but I have to respectfully disagree that you feel Ford isn't paying a lot of attention to the twins. I fully agree that Toyota is the one they are after, and their ultimate goal is to topple them from top spot, but that doesn't mean they aren't giving others as much attention. If you want to be number one, you have to be just as concerned about who's below you, as who's above you. They are all competition and all take a piece of the pie. With the new model of the twins being available now, they have a full year to pick up extra market share, that they wouldn't necessarily get if the new Ranger and Tacoma were out as well. The twins being out now, is going to be concerning for Toyota as well.
This! You can bet Ford (or any of them) have their eye on the twins. They're all coming off a refresh and trying to gain as much ground over the completion as possible. Many people need/want a truck now and probably won't wait until fall for a new Ranger so Chevy has an edge there. The ZR2 should be out by summer so there will be good feedback on that. If Ford overprices the Raptor, I think many will go for the ZR2 especially the way the economy is right now.

Also with all of Fords issues these past few years (warranty & recalls) I'm sure they're keeping a close eye on Chevy and on the updated transmission. As far as Toyota losing shares for not being out I don't think that'll really effect them much. They have a huge cult following and many would/will wait for them especially since there's no long term feedback out on any of the others. IMHO most won't take chance on Ford or Chevy knowing their past issues.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
The twins have a decent head start on both Ford & Toyota and the twins pricing is fairly competitive at the moment.

The Bronco will have another price increase hitting tomorrow, so I'm wondering how Ford is going to handle the G6 Ranger's pricing across the trims.

It's a fine line to walk, so I'm in the group that thinks this last Ranger Raptor we saw was an early, and deliberate information teaser to grab our attention.

JBTN

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have seen it several times that Ford can't afford to do this or that.....Wondering if they will not only be watching how the Twins do but also offering employee buyouts like GM is doing.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
TBH, I don't think Ford is paying as much attention to the GM twins as some people here assume. Toyota is far and away the class leading seller with nearly 250K units sold annually. That, IMO is everybody's benchmark, but competitors are on different paths carving out their sales share and class growth strategies. IIRC, 5G Ranger was selling like 96k units annually up until this year. If Ford is looking at anything as a target, it would be Frontier who also took an ancient platform and modernized it. Baby steps here- Ford is too broke to mount full on competitions in every single segment every year based on what others are doing. Of course I could be wrong...
Yep, they seem so consumed by electric, everything else is an afterthought…except the F-150 cash cow but even that gets overshadowed by the Lightning that no one can get/afford but it gives the blue oval their PR baby. I bleed Ford blue but I don’t like the direction of the company.
Just my opinion

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I have seen it several times that Ford can't afford to do this or that.....Wondering if they will not only be watching how the Twins do but also offering employee buyouts like GM is doing.
Have you watched Ford stock price the last couple years and cost cuttings moves including multiple rounds of layoffs? Read their financial reports? This is not a company flush with cash and the new battery manufacturing plant and Blue Oval City are sucking up a huge amount of resources. I can't even imagine how many 10s of millions it will take them to move out of the #4 sales slot any time soon with an unproven new generation Ranger 🤷‍♂️

Westyside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Taco
overshadowed by the Lightning that no one can get/afford but it gives the blue oval their PR baby.
I think you're not wrong. Ford PR is certainly focused on the Lightning because that's what gets the headlines, but there just is not enough battery or infrastructure coming online any time soon for it to be a sizeable portion of their actual sales.

They want to razzle dazzle you with the all electric truck that you can't even really get, then come in and buy an F150 or Explorer.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I think you're not wrong. Ford PR is certainly focused on the Lightning because that's what gets the headlines, but there just is not enough battery or infrastructure coming online any time soon for it to be a sizeable portion of their actual sales.

They want to razzle dazzle you with the all electric truck that you can't even really get, then come in and buy an F150 or Explorer.
razzle dazzle- or Rope a Dope? :LOL:
Sponsored