Digital key download error

HD_LowriderST

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
I have tried to download the digital key multiple times. I’ve deleted the app and updated it. Each time it texts me a code to verify the device and when I enter the code it says “internal server error”. I checked and the service is enabled. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Rover Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I've had this same issue for weeks, gave up figuring it'd work itself out. I've heard Toyota app support is relatively responsive for this kind of thing, just haven't had the time.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I have tried to download the digital key multiple times. I’ve deleted the app and updated it. Each time it texts me a code to verify the device and when I enter the code it says “internal server error”. I checked and the service is enabled. Any ideas?
Curious - are you on iOS or on Android. I'm on iOS and didn't have an issue with setting up the digital key. I heard that there were some issues on Android and the digital key. I will say what I have a problem with is the operation of the digital key. Walk up to the truck, it seems to allow the doors to unlock nicely, then you get into the truck and have to wait a minute or two in order for it to recognize the digital key, keeps giving message when hitting start no key found. I don't trust it, so just use the fob or card key. Pretty buggy - hoping some updates will make it more reliable.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
Try temporarily disabling carplay/AA then do your download. That worked for me.

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
Here's the fix that worked for me: log out of the Toyota app and log back in using your phone number, not the username and password. Should work.
Confirmed this also worked for my iPhone.

When I first signed in to the app, I had it immediately tie to my Google account instead of a phone number; and even though it was sending me verification codes to my phone, it wasn't accepting the code. As soon as I signed in with my phone #, it made me change my password, so I'm thinking maybe the issue?

OP
OP

HD_LowriderST

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
I am on iOS, I will try the phone # log in trick today.
Here's the fix that worked for me: log out of the Toyota app and log back in using your phone number, not the username and password. Should work.
This worked, thank you!
Sponsored