Sponsored

Buckleup7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Toyota just released the fuel economy estimates for the new Land Cruiser which shares the 2.4L iForce Max hybrid engine with the '24 Tacoma. Using the estimates we have a good idea what to expect...

8.7L/100km = 27 MPG

2024 Tacoma Estimated MPG for Hybrid Tacoma 2.4L iForce Max Fuel Economy 2.4l-iforce-max-hybrid-engine-m
Sponsored

Kampferpower

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rav4 XLE hybrid; 2004 Corolla S
Looks promising. Any idea about weight differences between the Land Cruiser Tacoma?

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
This is the key part , if the Tacoma is 1000 to 2000 more it won't matter
It shouldn't be heavier- the 4R is currently a little more than 200lb heavier than the Tacoma. Even with some differences in light-weight materials between the '24 Taco and LC, the Pickup will be lighter. The LC also has full-time 4wd, so there's a fuel econ penalty with that.

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
Screenshot from the US website also confirming the estimated 27 mpg. Woo!

2024 Tacoma Estimated MPG for Hybrid Tacoma 2.4L iForce Max Fuel Economy IMG_0103

Reactions: MJE

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
I was hoping that combined city/highway number would be better!

I suspect the two to be a wash if you factor the truck having worse aerodynamics comparing it to the slightly heavier SUV.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
I was hoping that combined city/highway number would be better!

I suspect the two to be a wash if you factor the truck having worse aerodynamics comparing it to the slightly heavier SUV.
I was expecting around 25 so I'm content with 27 on 87 octane. Considering 33s and a factory lift it's miles better than a RRaptor getting 15 with 93 octane.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Hummmm. Seems to be decent numbers for an SUV like the Land Cruzer.... Seems odd that they have MPG numbers for this, however nothing on the Tacoma yet....is that a bad sign..... ah la GM waiting to release the midsize twins EPA numbers?? I hope not

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
This is the key part , if the Tacoma is 1000 to 2000 more it won't matter
I have less regrets backing out of the ranger raptor arrangement I had. A pro with black interior will be what I'm ordering. 93 octane with the raptor was a bit rich not to mention 15 mpg.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Just speculation.. But Iā€™ve owned 4 Hybrids. The Tundra hybrid battery is 1.87 kw same as ALL Toyota hybrids. I think that small of a battery in such a large heavy pickup is pushing it. Weight is a huge factor for hybrid efficiency. Just an estimate but the Taco should be at a minimum 1200lbs lighter than the Tundra and 4-500lbs lighter than the LC. Tundra MPG is 20 city 24 highway 22 combined, the LC is estimated at 27 combined and is only 700lbs lighter than the Tundra but is a little bit smaller brick! Guessing 25 city 29 highway for the LC. Now shave the other 4-500lbs the Taco is going to crush the competition! Probably why Toyota is holding out? Hold me to it.. Iā€™m guessing 28 combined 26 city 29 highway for the TRD off-road, Pro and trailhunter guessing 23 city 27 highway 25 combined? Real world??

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Thanks to OP for posting. This potential economy makes the hybrid option much more appealing to me over just the performance gains. Just need an auto journalist, just one, to finally get around to asking whether the 2400 watt inverter output will operate with the engine off and if it will auto start when the battery is near empty while power is being pulled from the inverter. Can't quite believe that so many journos have commented on Taco and now LC and none seem to have the wit to ask this question.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Thanks to OP for posting. This potential economy makes the hybrid option much more appealing to me over just the performance gains. Just need an auto journalist, just one, to finally get around to asking whether the 2400 watt inverter output will operate with the engine off and if it will auto start when the battery is near empty while power is being pulled from the inverter. Can't quite believe that so many journos have commented on Taco and now LC and none seem to have the wit to ask this question.
I kinda doubt it would automatically turn on when it gets low. Image it turning on in someone's garage and filling it with carbon monoxide... I bet it would cut power off if it got below a certain threshold, though.
Sponsored