Sponsored

Exciting news: my dealer getting 2024 TRD Pro and Trailhunter allocations next week

ForTheWin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Hmmm I think your dealer is mistaken. @Trainer Steve Clifford confirmed a few days ago there were no Pro or Trailhunter allocations yet that he could see at least in the NE. Also we've heard pretty consistently that hybrid isn't being made until April.... and the allocations sheet doesn't show it.

That said, I hope they're all wrong! :p

OP
OP

Jayzeee

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Hmmm I think your dealer is mistaken. @Trainer Steve Clifford confirmed a few days ago there were no Pro or Trailhunter allocations yet that he could see at least in the NE. Also we've heard pretty consistently that hybrid isn't being made until April.... and the allocations sheet doesn't show it.

That said, I hope they're all wrong! :p
Yeah I’ve been follow the same news you said. But my dealer has had some accurate details since September of 2023. All his marks have been close to spot on. I can only hope. 😢

ForTheWin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Yeah I’ve been follow the same news you said. But my dealer has had some accurate details since September of 2023. All his marks have been close to spot on. I can only hope. 😢
Hey man fingers crossed. I would love if it turns out true. Keep us updated!

mcrwlrpro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2016 Lexus ES 350
Toyota just started production of the iForce Max engines on Feb. 21st in Alabama. So, unless they built a batch, shipped them to Mexico, built the trucks, and then shipped them to port within the past nine days, I don't think those are Pros or Trailhunters.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
My dealer's first hybrid allocation is scheduled for build at the start of May.

Fhb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRV
Is there pricing out yet for the Max hybrid? Just thinking Toyota would release this info at same time as allocations??

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
My dealer just called me today and said that they were getting three allocations of the upper trim models come Monday or Tuesday. By upper trim he is positive it’s the Pro or Trailhunter I’ll keep you guys updated
sick. early showroom bait! they're coming...Need to put a price tag on it in order to sell it. ⏰

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
My dealer just called me today and said that they were getting three allocations of the upper trim models come Monday or Tuesday. By upper trim he is positive it’s the Pro or Trailhunter I’ll keep you guys updated
That is a very optimistic sales associate. Upper trims are usually considered the TRD Sport, Off-Road and the Limited.

Having said that, I'll share a bit about how allocations work. TMNA (Toyota Motors North America) has a build schedule and they tell the regions what models they have earned. There are 13 regions. Each regional office will configure those vehicles in ways they think will sell best in that region. The Regional folks decide at what point they will allocate to their dealers.

I'm in the Central Atlantic Toyota region. CAT doesn't allocate to the dealers based on projections. They allocate only when they hear back from TMNA that a unit is confirmed to be built. They used to allocate much earlier but supplier issues caused a lot of vehicles to be cancelled before they were confirmed and that caused huge customer issues.

Not every regional office does this. Some allocate based on projected builds rather than confirmed builds. That's why some get earlier allocations but the actual build dates are the same.

Having said that, I'm 99% sure that no Max powerplants are even in the projected build yet so I would not hold my breath on this allocation having any.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
So what is your dealer saying now? Obviously they were wrong in what they told you.
Sponsored