Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Sounds like you would recommend it to others. I’ll look into getting one if you can customize options

Thanks for the info
Sponsored

907Yota

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota Xtracab 4WD
I think that power tailgate thing is a goofy gimmick. It’s too bad it comes along with the upgrade package.

I saw one YouTuber trying to demonstrate it in the snow, and it wouldn’t even work because it was frozen or jammed by just a little snow.

This was a solution in search of a problem. (That didn’t exist)

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I agree on the power tailgate. You can manually lift in with one finger. Maybe if it was super heavy.

kweevuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 6MT OR
What are you towing normally? Also what kind hitch? (if anything special)

This is my first truck, and bought it to tow a miata to race tracks, and debating weight distribution hitch

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
What are you towing normally? Also what kind hitch? (if anything special)

This is my first truck, and bought it to tow a miata to race tracks, and debating weight distribution hitch
If you're towing a car, I'd get a weight distribution hitch. Also, do you the brake controller in your Truck? If not, you'll should see if you can find one. Any load that totals 3000 lb should have trailer brakes. I don't typically to anything that heavy. This trailer will be mainly for my big ZeroTurn and also large lumber that I will be needing to build a few decks at my house. Also, if my buddy and I need to take our 4 wheelers out, we can throw them both on one trailer. I'm unlikely to pull a car, though this trailer will be able to manage a small car if I need it to. I already owned the old camper, so it was an easy choice to rip it up and make a long one. I also have a 5x8 Trailer as well.

kweevuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 6MT OR
Nice thanks for the insight. But yes, I did make sure to get a package with a brake controller. My just own lite research showed if you were above 50% of capacity to do a weight distribution. I have a small open trailer, so with the car I’m about 4500 rounding up. Sounds like I will head that direction then!
Sponsored