• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
We just got our first look at the 2023 Ford Ranger in its Single Cab configuration, giving us our first look at details of an entry-level, utilitarian Work Truck trim.

The new Ranger test truck was caught on the streets of Dearborn, Michigan, and is set up as a left-hand-drive prototype. Prior versions of the Single Cab Ranger were only offered in the global version of Ford’s T6 platform, and were not offered in the U.S. Judging from prototypes captured in the U.S. and Australia, it appears that Ford is stepping away from the two-Ranger strategy now that the midsize truck is once again a fixture in the U.S. market—creating one single Ranger platform for global consumption. GM is said to be taking a similar path on the next-generation Colorado/Canyon trucks, which currently have diverged from the globally offered variant.

Whether Ford's single-Ranger strategy will open the door to a work-focused, Single Cab variant is currently unclear, but the path to such an offering should be clearer than before. The Ranger Single Cab is running on simple steel wheels, which also appears to be an option on the upcoming Ford Maverick compact pickup, so Ford sees the value in a more basic version of its entry-level truck brand. Will Ford further flesh out its U.S. truck lineup with a more basic version of the Ranger? Only time will tell.

Until then, we get to see a Ranger with a more basic halogen headlight design for the first time, instead of the more upscale lighting treatment seen on every prior 2023 Ranger prototype. The tail-lights at the end of the Single Cab Ranger’s lengthy bed are the same tail-lights seen on all prior Ranger prototype’s, further solidifying the commonalities between this entry-level truck and the Crew Cab and Super Cab prototypes previously spotted in Dearborn.

Ford Ranger First Look: 2023 Ford Ranger Single Cab Spied in LHD Riding on Steelies 2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-1

Ford Ranger First Look: 2023 Ford Ranger Single Cab Spied in LHD Riding on Steelies 2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-2

Ford Ranger First Look: 2023 Ford Ranger Single Cab Spied in LHD Riding on Steelies 2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-3

Ford Ranger First Look: 2023 Ford Ranger Single Cab Spied in LHD Riding on Steelies 2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-4

Ford Ranger First Look: 2023 Ford Ranger Single Cab Spied in LHD Riding on Steelies 2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-5

Ford Ranger First Look: 2023 Ford Ranger Single Cab Spied in LHD Riding on Steelies 2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-6

Ford Ranger First Look: 2023 Ford Ranger Single Cab Spied in LHD Riding on Steelies 2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-7

Ford Ranger First Look: 2023 Ford Ranger Single Cab Spied in LHD Riding on Steelies 2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-8

Ford Ranger First Look: 2023 Ford Ranger Single Cab Spied in LHD Riding on Steelies 2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-9

Ford Ranger First Look: 2023 Ford Ranger Single Cab Spied in LHD Riding on Steelies 2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-10

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Not sure. I looks like the bed is over 6'. Would make sense if its on the same frame. Wondering if they will offer the freight vehicle with no bed. So pleased that Ford is offering more option on the platform. I am hoping this is a sign that the PHEV will cover all configurations. I do not wish to purchase the top trim to go half electric. I would also like to see the Tremor option offered in the Scab, but I am not holding my breathe.

Reactions: Doc

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Now that they are teasing us with other cab and bed configurations, i can only hope a SuperCrew with a longbed (6’ box) is in the mix for the next gen??? I’ve read so many threads that mentioned wanting a midsize truck with that longer bed and the SuperCrew cab configuration.... especially those who want to overland with a cap and sleeping arrangements.

That extra foot of bed also allows Mtn bikes and white water boat to be hauled with the tailgate up, which allows more flexibility for the hitch to be used (small camper or additional bike racks)

All of the midsize competition (body on frame) has a SuperCrew/longbed configurations. It should be a no brainer for Ford too, if they want a chance at taking the top spot from Toyota.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I’ve been stewing over this since my last post... If this plain two door regular cab is using the same frame (wheelbase) as the SuperCab with a 6’ box and a SuperCrew with a 5’ box then the bed shown in these photos just might have a 7’ bed? This isn’t at all a far stretch since the Ranger is already available with these 3 different cab/bed configurations in markets outside of North America (just Google search “Ford UK” and see the specs).

Part 2 of my pondering takes it another step further with the thought of a 1’ expanded wheelbase. In theory, the cab and bed configurations could be mixed and matched with 5 different cab/bed configurations?...

Current frame (wheelbase):
Reg cab (as shown) with 7’ bed
SuperCab with 6’ bed
SuperCrew with 5’ bed
A modified frame (long wheelbase)
SuperCab with 7’ bed
SuperCrew with 6’ bed

i would love to see the midsize platform with more configurations! Seems like a relatively easy way to cater to consumers needs/wants???

Last edited:

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I’ve been stewing over this since my last post... If this plain two door regular cab is using the same frame (wheelbase) as the SuperCab with a 6’ box and a SuperCrew with a 5’ box then the bed shown in these photos just might have a 7’ bed? This isn’t at all a far stretch since the Ranger is already available with these 3 different cab/bed configurations in markets outside of North America (just Google search “Ford UK” and see the specs).

Part 2 of my pondering takes it another step further with the thought of a 1’ expanded wheelbase. In theory, the cab and bed configurations could be mixed and matched with 5 different cab/bed configurations?...

SuperCab with 6’ bed
SuperCrew with 5’ bed
SuperCab with 7’ bed
SuperCrew with 6’ bed

i would love to see the midsize platform with more configurations! Seems like a relatively easy way to cater to consumers needs/wants???
https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/feature-pdfs/FT-New_Ranger.pdf

Sponsored

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
southern adirondack mountains of upstate ny
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xlt
Occupation
retired
база профилей для хрумера

Вы занимаетесь продвижением сайтов? Тогда вам к нам. Наша группа в телеграмме. У нас вы можете выбрать любую нужную для вашей работы базу для прогонов Xrumer и GSA, allsubmitter по разной ценовой категории.купить базы для хрумера
you literally took the words right out of my mouth! :)

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
Adventure Traveller

SuperCab with 6’ bed
SuperCrew with 5’ bed
SuperCab with 7’ bed
SuperCrew with 6’ bed

Personally, I'd love to see a SuperCab with a 6' bed, with the same 2.3L and 7-speed manual transmission (6-speed +1 crawler) combination that's in the Bronco. They are both built on the same chassis, so I'm hoping.

Also, reports are that Ford was surprised at the number requesting the manual. So there is still a market for the stick shift, and perhaps that will help convince Ford to offer it in the new Ranger.

Thoughts?

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Personally, I'd love to see a SuperCab with a 6' bed, with the same 2.3L and 7-speed manual transmission (6-speed +1 crawler) combination that's in the Bronco. They are both built on the same chassis, so I'm hoping.

Also, reports are that Ford was surprised at the number requesting the manual. So there is still a market for the stick shift, and perhaps that will help convince Ford to offer it in the new Ranger.

Thoughts?
Personally I’m fine with the 2.3 L Ecoboost and 10 speed trans. I live and commute in a big city traffic here in Charlotte, NC and have no desire for a manual trans. I have a old sports car (‘73 Volvo P1800ES) and motorcycle (‘16 Honda CRF1000 Africa Twin) so my other wheels are enough manual shifting. But if there is a market for a 7 speed manual, I hope you get your wish. Its nice to have options just like the SuperCrew with a 6’ bed.

guerro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250

SuperCab with 6’ bed
SuperCrew with 5’ bed
SuperCab with 7’ bed
SuperCrew with 6’ bed

If those are 16" wheels, I think that is a 6.5 foot bed based on my calculations below. But I could be wrong.

16 X 5 = 80 total inches. 80 / 12 = 6.666 feet

Ford Ranger First Look: 2023 Ford Ranger Single Cab Spied in LHD Riding on Steelies 1629575945737

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP Mustang, 2006 GMC Sierra, 2015 Suzuki King Quad, 2006 883/ 1200 Sportster conversion
Occupation
Retired
We just got our first look at the 2023 Ford Ranger in its Single Cab configuration, giving us our first look at details of an entry-level, utilitarian Work Truck trim.

The new Ranger test truck was caught on the streets of Dearborn, Michigan, and is set up as a left-hand-drive prototype. Prior versions of the Single Cab Ranger were only offered in the global version of Ford’s T6 platform, and were not offered in the U.S. Judging from prototypes captured in the U.S. and Australia, it appears that Ford is stepping away from the two-Ranger strategy now that the midsize truck is once again a fixture in the U.S. market—creating one single Ranger platform for global consumption. GM is said to be taking a similar path on the next-generation Colorado/Canyon trucks, which currently have diverged from the globally offered variant.

Whether Ford's single-Ranger strategy will open the door to a work-focused, Single Cab variant is currently unclear, but the path to such an offering should be clearer than before. The Ranger Single Cab is running on simple steel wheels, which also appears to be an option on the upcoming Ford Maverick compact pickup, so Ford sees the value in a more basic version of its entry-level truck brand. Will Ford further flesh out its U.S. truck lineup with a more basic version of the Ranger? Only time will tell.

Until then, we get to see a Ranger with a more basic halogen headlight design for the first time, instead of the more upscale lighting treatment seen on every prior 2023 Ranger prototype. The tail-lights at the end of the Single Cab Ranger’s lengthy bed are the same tail-lights seen on all prior Ranger prototype’s, further solidifying the commonalities between this entry-level truck and the Crew Cab and Super Cab prototypes previously spotted in Dearborn.

2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-1.jpg

2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-2.jpg

2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-3.jpg

2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-4.jpg

2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-5.jpg

2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-6.jpg

2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-7.jpg

2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-8.jpg

2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-9.jpg

2023-ranger-single-cab-work-truck-10.jpg
I like that single cab design …
I would like,
Single cab, 2.7, 2wd with locker ..
Regards
Doc

Last edited:

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Looks to be the same length as the current gen single cab we get in Australia, which is now only available as a cab chassis (i.e. no tub). The tub was about 2.3 metres, the tray they put on the cab chassis is about 2.5m. The wheelbase is common to all Ranger cab styles, and I would take an educated guess that nothing will change for the next generation.

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=219534&stc=1&d=1371998523
Ford Ranger First Look: 2023 Ford Ranger Single Cab Spied in LHD Riding on Steelies attachment
Sponsored

Last edited: