• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Can't keep up to the Demand of the Bronco

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
saw an article a few weeks ago announcing new "heritage" versions of the Bronco with throwback 2-tone paints jobs. Can't remember where I saw it. Pictured 3 color combos that looked good.
Those are generally just color changes and don't add any additional packages that could take away from other builds. Although the Heritage Bronco does use the SAS package which is most likely why they're trying to get others to change their builds. Kind of like the Ranger Splash Edition. It's only a different body color , grille nostrils and some different stitching on the seats and nothing else.
Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
It also has different stamped wheel openings and flares that are closer in shape to the 1st gen, different grill, wheels, interior colors and actually gets the new version of the painted modular top that only comes in white.

saw an article a few weeks ago announcing new "heritage" versions of the Bronco with throwback 2-tone paints jobs. Can't remember where I saw it. Pictured 3 color combos that looked good.
They've been revealed and talked about since late Summer last year, but I realize not everyone pays attention or cares about anything Bronco.
The kicker to the Heritage editions is the 'Limited' version you can't order, their production will be split between 2023 & 2024 with very limited numbers and the Dealerships have no say as to what version or color ( two limited retro-ish colors) they receive (can you say huge ADM). It's also based off of the Sasquatch Badlands.

The 'Standard' Heritage can be ordered by anyone, based off of a Sasquatch Big Bend and limited to 4 colors. (Race Red, Cactus Gray, Shadow Black, Azure Grey tri-coat metallic)

The easiest way to check them out is to go to the Bronco build and price.
The Standard is actually a good deal but you have to stomach, at least for a while, the questionable color scheme they used on the interior. (Navy Pier with gray & white plaid seat inserts, white instrument panel center section and red accents)

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
That's also my concern with the Ranger. Since its proven with Ford that the dealers come first I can see inflated prices if you purchase one off the lot. Supply and Demand. I still see the Bronco on Mecum actions fetching high prices. Its good to see lot's of Bronco's in Vancouver Canada. I just saw I Wildtrak Bronco. I think it had the Sasquatch package. Tires were large.

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I just read this.

Ford's sliming down operations around the World. Ford Motor Company plans to cut 3,200 jobs across Europe. focusing on SUV's and Electrification.

Following the news, Germany's IG Metall union vowed to disrupt Ford operations across the continent if the job cuts go ahead. A spokesperson at the automaker’s Michigan headquarters said discussions with the German works councils were ongoing. He told Reuters the company needs to be more competitive as it transitions to electric vehicles.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
It also has different stamped wheel openings and flares that are closer in shape to the 1st gen, different grill, wheels, interior colors and actually gets the new version of the painted modular top that only comes in white.

They've been revealed and talked about since late Summer last year, but I realize not everyone pays attention or cares about anything Bronco.
The kicker to the Heritage editions is the 'Limited' version you can't order, their production will be split between 2023 & 2024 with very limited numbers and the Dealerships have no say as to what version or color ( two limited retro-ish colors) they receive (can you say huge ADM). It's also based off of the Sasquatch Badlands.

The 'Standard' Heritage can be ordered by anyone, based off of a Sasquatch Big Bend and limited to 4 colors. (Race Red, Cactus Gray, Shadow Black, Azure Grey tri-coat metallic)

The easiest way to check them out is to go to the Bronco build and price.
The Standard is actually a good deal but you have to stomach, at least for a while, the questionable color scheme they used on the interior. (Navy Pier with gray & white plaid seat inserts, white instrument panel center section and red accents)
I pay attention to Bronco happenings in regard to it being built at same plant as Ranger. I have a paid for, low mileage 2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo to satisfy any light off-roading I might want to do (snow recently) and my 3 months old Maverick for light duty "truckish" uses that doesn't require our F-150. I'm following the 6G Ranger to see if it is an upgrade over my Maverick in the several categories I had to compromise on with the Maverick. If I trade up to 6G Ranger it will likely be the last new vehicle purchase of my lifetime. Otherwise, the Maverick was ;)

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
That's also my concern with the Ranger. Since its proven with Ford that the dealers come first I can see inflated prices if you purchase one off the lot. Supply and Demand. I still see the Bronco on Mecum actions fetching high prices. Its good to see lot's of Bronco's in Vancouver Canada. I just saw I Wildtrak Bronco. I think it had the Sasquatch package. Tires were large.
at least the Ranger has a lot of in-class competition from Frontier, GM Twins, and new Taco. Hopefully, that will keep ADM abuse in check at dealers for new 6G. We can hope!

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
The Raptor is the one that's going to get abused for ADM by Dealers and scooped up by flippers who have a good place in line at an MSRP Dealer.

I did a lot of searching in my state and quite a few of the Dealers were stating up front a $10k+ ADM on it. If they were honoring MSRP they had a fairly long wait list.
I got lucky and found a smaller Dealership honoring MSRP and I have a decent spot in line, but their allocation allotment is a worry along with the locals who have more money than brains/common sense.

The Dealer that has my current Bronco order is honoring MSRP, but my position in line is probably outside of their first allocation allotment unless enough drop out to allow me squeeze in.