• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Looks like Ford is getting close to revealing the next gen Ranger soon….

Ford just officially teased the next-gen Ford Ranger for the first time! The video teaser shows a 2023+ Ranger prototype being torture tested in all terrain conditions -- Mud, Grit (sand), Rock, Snow, Off-Road.

SCREENSHOTS:

Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-1
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-2
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-3
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-4
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-5
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-6
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-7
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-8
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-9
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-10
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-11
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-12
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-13
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-14
Ford Ranger Ford Officially Teases Next-Gen Ford Ranger Torture Testing in All Terrain [Video] next-generation-ford-ranger-teaser-video-15

OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Ford, just take my Money!!!! This will definitely be my next truck as long as a SuperCrew/longbed configuration will be available??? I’m hopeful considering all of the BoF midsize competition offers this configuration. I can’t wait for the official unveiling!!! According to a CarScoops article, the unveiling will be before the end of the year. ??

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
"Extreme" testing is a an uneven road in a dirt field, or spinning tires in the mud/snow? Couple shots on the shale mountain side were okay.

How bout crossing 18 inches of water without needing an alternator?

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP Mustang, 2006 GMC Sierra, 2015 Suzuki King Quad, 2006 883/ 1200 Sportster conversion
Occupation
Retired
"Extreme" testing is a an uneven road in a dirt field, or spinning tires in the mud/snow? Couple shots on the shale mountain side were okay.

How bout crossing 18 inches of water without needing an alternator?
I‘ ll be getting one …

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I‘ ll be getting one …
I'm not against the new truck, but calling that video extreme testing is ridiculous. Other than the one mountainside shot, they were on a manicured track the whole time, and the only mud was ~2" deep. Little to inspire me in that viedo, and nothing extreme.

Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP Mustang, 2006 GMC Sierra, 2015 Suzuki King Quad, 2006 883/ 1200 Sportster conversion
Occupation
Retired
I'm not against the new truck, but calling that video extreme testing is ridiculous. Other than the one mountainside shot, they were on a manicured track the whole time, and the only mud was ~2" deep. Little to inspire me in that viedo, and nothing extreme.
If possible
Single cab, 2.7, locker ..

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen 4Runner
Ford, just take my Money!!!! This will definitely be my next truck as long as a SuperCrew/longbed configuration will be available??? I’m hopeful considering all of the BoF midsize competition offers this configuration. I can’t wait for the official unveiling!!! According to a CarScoops article, the unveiling will be before the end of the year. ??
I'm curious, what's your plan if Ford doesn't offer a SuperCrew/Longbed?

Seen you post everywhere about this config but I haven't seen you post anything about if it's not available.

OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I'm curious, what's your plan if Ford doesn't offer a SuperCrew/Longbed?

Seen you post everywhere about this config but I haven't seen you post anything about if it's not available.
I have thought of that and not sure what I will do??? I’m driving an almost 20 year old ‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew that I purchased new. I’ve been banking a truck payment to myself for almost 4 years and would have already had a 5th Gen had it been available in this configuration. I sat in a 2021 F-150 a few weeks ago and it’s absolutely massive! With that said, I’m passing on all full-size options. I don’t want a shorter bed than I have now (5.5’ bed). I’m married with 2 kids and a dog so a SuperCrew is a must. I’m unimpressed with all of the other midsize competition. I might consider a Tacoma, but think it’s drivetrain is lack luster, interior dated and ergonomics horrific. Ford don’t make me settle on a overrated Tacoma!!! ?

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen 4Runner
I have thought of that and not sure what I will do??? I’m driving an almost 20 year old ‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew that I purchased new. I’ve been banking a truck payment to myself for almost 4 years and would have already had a 5th Gen had it been available in this configuration. I sat in a 2021 F-150 a few weeks ago and it’s absolutely massive! With that said, I’m passing on all full-size options. I don’t want a shorter bed than I have now (5.5’ bed). I’m married with 2 kids and a dog so a SuperCrew is a must. I’m unimpressed with all of the other midsize competition. I might consider a Tacoma, but think it’s drivetrain is lack luster, interior dated and ergonomics horrific. Ford don’t make me settle on a overrated Tacoma!!! ?
Thanks for the reply.

Have you considered the new 2022 Nissan Frontier in SV crew cab/long bed. Not sure how big your kids are for the back seat as the back seats are fairly small.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Tacoma has a 6 foot bed with Screw option coming? I haven't seen this as more than rumor yet. Link?

Sponsored

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen 4Runner
Tacoma has a 6 foot bed with Screw option coming? I haven't seen this as more than rumor yet. Link?
It's currently available for configuration on toyota's website.

You can configure a trd sport and down model in the crew cab/longbed option since the third generation launched.

OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
It's currently available for configuration on toyota's website.

You can configure a trd sport and down model in the crew cab/longbed option since the third generation launched.
I’m well aware of a Tacoma crewcab/longbed available now but I don’t like it enough to pull the trigger. To me the Tacoma is overrated and I would absolutely be settling. That’s an easy pass for me right now with a new Ranger around the corner. My kids are 11 and 14 and son is almost as tall as me now (I’m 5’8” and 205 lbs). The rear seats of the Ranger definitely seem roomier than the Tacoma.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Thanks for the reply.

Have you considered the new 2022 Nissan Frontier in SV crew cab/long bed. Not sure how big your kids are for the back seat as the back seats are fairly small.
I built an SV crewcab/longbed on their website configurator the day it launched, but honestly I’m not a fan of the exterior styling. I’m also looking for more off-road chops right from the factory and the SV package doesn’t get me there without mods that would likely void a warranty? I’ll take a hard look in person once they start showing up in dealer lots. Most likely it will play 2nd or 3rd fiddle to the next gen Ranger (based on the current generation Ranger). I’ll just have to wait and see?

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
Test drove the 22 Frontier Pro4X and noted the list of standard equipment is lengthy for a starting price Of $38,635. Drove ok, very comparable to a Tacoma but the rear seat comfort frankly sucks. I’d likely buy one to replace my crew cab Tundra if it were comfortable. As such, I’m locked down waiting on a 23 Tremor Ranger or a Lariat FX4 with a 6’ bed would be fantastic (doubtful we get one).

OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Test drove the 22 Frontier Pro4X and noted the list of standard equipment is lengthy for a starting price Of $38,635. Drove ok, very comparable to a Tacoma but the rear seat comfort frankly sucks. I’d likely buy one to replace my crew cab Tundra if it were comfortable. As such, I’m locked down waiting on a 23 Tremor Ranger or a Lariat FX4 with a 6’ bed would be fantastic (doubtful we get one).
I’m right there with you…. I too want a ‘23 Lariat SuperCrew with 6’ bed and FX-4 (minimum) and possibly a Tremor if offered? One can only hope!
Sponsored