• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Pro Power Onboard Generator possible for 6th gen Ranger?

theek

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda
Occupation
Engineer
Any word on this being offered on Ranger 6G? Would love to see it. I suspect it will be limited to the PHEV if it is offered.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I think you're right that the EV and PHEV will most likely have it. 🤞 I doubt we'll see it on the ICE versions.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
This article is old (June 2022) but shows Pro Power Onboard on a Ranger:

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/ford-is-currently-testing-a-long-bed-ranger-in-australia/

I would bet money that we will see it on Ranger PHEVs.

I think the USA's electrical grid will be less reliable in the future as we transition away from fossil fuels to renewables. When combined with a whole house transfer switch, Pro Power Onboard will be a very useful feature. If you have solar PV to charge your Ranger PHEV you will have a fantastic solution for the future grid outages.

In that scenario you could think of the Ranger's Pro Power Onboard as having a triple fuel redundancy system to provide backup power for your house: First, the Ranger PHEVs battery pack which will likely be in 20-30 kWh size range. Second, the gasoline tank of your Ranger will keep the battery pack charged. Third, you would have solar to keep the Ranger's battery pack charged. My belly button starts puckering and unpuckering when I think about the Ranger PHEV.

Last edited:

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I would like to see the dual battery offered on the NA Ranger.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Wishful thinking I'm afraid.
Sponsored