Sponsored

Forecasting Re-sale Value of the 24 MT Tacos?

Hobbit

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Hey Guys, I'm probably (definitely) putting the cart before the horse when discussing/debating the resale of these 24s, but this is my first truck and I want to nail down my selection.

I'm coming from a Honda Civic Si (6-speed MT only) and typically replace my vehicle every 3-5 years. My heart says the 24 TRD Sport in a manual would be a hella fun replacement, but with a 10 month old at home I might be better suited with the 8-speed AT. My wife does have a larger SUV that we use for most family outings so I could probably get away with either transmission.

In your experience(s), do the MT Tacos hold value on par with their AT counterparts? With fewer and fewer prospective buyers I'm fearful it might not. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Desert4G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Overall the resale value will likely to be better than average. But not as good as if it were a AT. The Tacoma has always been in the top 5% of resale values. But you'll definitely limiting your market getting a MT. But buy what you want. The joy of 3-5 years of owning it will outweigh any difference in resale value.

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
The thing to remember is that fewer initial buyers also limits the number of MT examples. No certainty, but I might expect a MT to hold value better, but take longer to sell.
Picking AT for resale value might be kind of like the people who buy black, white, and gray for resale purposes. They don't actually hold value better (colors hold value a little better than grayscale, in fact), but you might be able to find a buyer a little faster. A person who wants blue may not want red or yellow, but they may settle for gray.

OP
OP

Hobbit

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Thanks for the input fellas!

Cavemold

First Name
Cavemold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Hey Guys, I'm probably (definitely) putting the cart before the horse when discussing/debating the resale of these 24s, but this is my first truck and I want to nail down my selection.

I'm coming from a Honda Civic Si (6-speed MT only) and typically replace my vehicle every 3-5 years. My heart says the 24 TRD Sport in a manual would be a hella fun replacement, but with a 10 month old at home I might be better suited with the 8-speed AT. My wife does have a larger SUV that we use for most family outings so I could probably get away with either transmission.

In your experience(s), do the MT Tacos hold value on par with their AT counterparts? With fewer and fewer prospective buyers I'm fearful it might not. What do you guys think?
aslong there no major flaws with them should decent i will say with used market going down it will go down little bit but trd pro can still easily be "flipped" for 10k over for the first year.
Sponsored