• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Get an Early Model before items are Deleted.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
The 5G Ranger has proven that Ford's Bean Counters start to change or remove items for cost savings.

1. no rear folding headrest
2. no hood struts(as of 2022)
3. no PRNDS light
4. no glovebox damper
5. no RANGER embossed into the Lariat seats
6. no console (pen) cubby
7. no 12V outlet in the console without 110v option
8. no bright trim rings on the 12v covers that matched the radio knobs
9. only 4 bed tie downs instead of 6 (as of mid 2019??)
10. no engine cover
11. no key slot on tailgate lock
12. no owners manual cover
13. no power folding mirrors on XLT 302A
14. Eco badge on tailgate
15. no plugs in the rocker panels
16. no ignition bezel (has always been missing)
17. steel front fenders (aluminum before) estimated after March 2021 and all 2022
18. no bright button on parking brake
19. no color keyed tailgate handle on Lariat just black plastic without chrome pkg.
20. no aluminum spindles, they're now steel
21. rear passenger doors no longer have external touch lock
22. front seat headrest tilt adjustment
23. (2) 4.2" productivity screens instrument cluster replaced with (1) 4.2" screen in Lariat 500A

# 21 Always interested me. Taking the external touch lock off the rear doors on the Lariat.
That caused problems in the availability of after market parts when they changed the spindles from aluminum to steel. Changing the ball joint diameter. It was hard to find UCA's to fit.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/attachments/eliminated-features-list-updated-3-9-22-pdf.125043/
Sponsored

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
I think now is just a really bad time to buy anything. The world went from one crisis to possibly the brink of WW3. Content is being cut to try and hold pricing, but even then it's creeping up with our record inflation. With gas spiraling out of control, someone at Ford (GM & Stellantis) might be experiencing anxiety over the fact that they chose high profit trucks and SUV's over fuel efficient cars. The EV market is lucrative, but we're not ready for it for the masses. I got a 21 F-150 in December for $5k under sticker. Now I see minor content that's cut on the 22' MY and I'm glad I bought when I did. I'm hoping there's some sort of normalcy in commodities by late 23' or summer 24' because that's when I will consider a new truck. I like the 23' Ranger on paper.........