• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Cabostu

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 24 Ranger Lariat FX4/Azure
Occupation
Real Estate
This is a huge shock! I have to now cancel the order. I can buy exactly what I ordered today With no wait. Ridiculous- the dealer didn't advise of this and even had me wait to order. Feeling pretty foolish rn. Thanks all
Now for whats it worth-Just off with the sales manager at my dealer and he 100% confirmed this will be the new 2023 model with the 12" screen etc. Said he ordered one for his wife as well. He knew exactly the model down to the last detail. So who knows, very interesting at least, good luck all
Sponsored

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
I hope you're not too hard on yourself. It took me a bit to be sure. The dealer said mum, would not verify and tried to avoid the subject. Were it not for the information I was kindly able to get here along with the info on the global release of the new design (non US release), I could easily have plodded along believing what I was told. (After some badgering). That the 23 order guide was not available yet and that the dealer had to place the order using the 22 info they had available and that they would later convert it to 2023. (Note here that none of that is accurate information)

I am curious if the knowledgeable here will report the new scenario for the new design us release.

If I dismiss all tje more recent articles and statements that the new design is opening for orders on first I think 7/18 and then 8/2., i can then look back to some info releases back around now 2021. I believe we can find some statements that it would be released in 23 as either a 23 or early 24. Tje date being tossed around was @5/23.
I wish I had just read the statement again to quote it accurately. I am now wondering if that information which was buried in older statements may be more accurate.

If so.....do we leave our orders active hoping Ford delays as they have been doing and we would be an active order that could receive a change.

I really want a crew cab pickup. I was hoping tje new design would be roomy enough having come from a dually to get here. I keep reading the maverick is bigger inside. I read there will be a tremor. I wonder if its easier, cheaper and more roomy to cave in on a micro truck.

I don't want to keep waiting.
If ram released this Dakota ev with a range extender and I could find a way to pay for it I would be game. Heck, maybe i can still get in a vet. Anyone ever mount a 5th wheel on a 1990s ZR1.

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
Well....assuming your in the us it would be great if you were correct. I can only say it that us the case then all the 23 order guides we are saving and printing that were just released are not correct and ford released them for all to reference in the last few days. There should be a link in this thread that a kind soul posted to help me with my brain fog.

Cabostu

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
Woah thats definitely not the new Ranger dml... thanks

Sponsored

Cabostu

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
Woah thats definitely not the new Ranger dml... thanks
Btw on my Ford.com usa website this page does not appear. It only has build & price for 2022 models... Not sure where your page is?

19rngr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Scroll down on the USA 2022 Ranger build and price page and you will find the '23 Ranger

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
i don't believe anyone is having a problem ordering a 23 through there dealer but people are reporting that it is not the new design. that is out in the Philippines and Australia. it is the same as the 22. The other thing is that the orders are being constrained and not allowing certain features to be ordered. For me I was not allowed to order the 501A package and the dealer did not tell me this. I found it was missing when I got home and reviewed my order.

The insight I am now chomping at the bit for is when will the new design be released in the US. Probably needs its own thread . it may be a reasonable assumption at this point it will be as a 24 release that probably wouldn't occur before May 23. no basis for that beyond some old 21 statement's from Ford where that was a projection mentioned at the same time the global release was accurately projected.

I am very thankful for the knowledgeable members here that shared enough information when this thread came out to help me figure out that the 23 orders are not the new design. i imagine i will have to let my order go since the features in the new design are what were driving me to order and purchase the ranger.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
i don't believe anyone is having a problem ordering a 23 through there dealer but people are reporting that it is not the new design. that is out in the Philippines and Australia. it is the same as the 22. The other thing is that the orders are being constrained and not allowing certain features to be ordered. For me I was not allowed to order the 501A package and the dealer did not tell me this. I found it was missing when I got home and reviewed my order.

The insight I am now chomping at the bit for is when will the new design be released in the US. Probably needs its own thread . it may be a reasonable assumption at this point it will be as a 24 release that probably wouldn't occur before May 23. no basis for that beyond some old 21 statement's from Ford where that was a projection mentioned at the same time the global release was accurately projected.

I am very thankful for the knowledgeable members here that shared enough information when this thread came out to help me figure out that the 23 orders are not the new design. i imagine i will have to let my order go since the features in the new design are what were driving me to order and purchase the ranger.

You could always buy now and wait it out for a few years. There are bound to be supply issues and quality issues when the Gen 6 hits. If you think differently take a look at the Bronco fiasco. A year and a half after production started they are still having major issues with no light at the end of the tunnel. That's why I'm buying a 2023 Gen 5 Ranger and have my Bronco order sitting in 99 status.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
You could always buy now and wait it out for a few years. There are bound to be supply issues and quality issues when the Gen 6 hits. If you think differently take a look at the Bronco fiasco. A year and a half after production started they are still having major issues with no light at the end of the tunnel. That's why I'm buying a 2023 Gen 5 Ranger and have my Bronco order sitting in 99 status.
Some Bronco NA orders have been waiting 2.5 years. Then they have to reregister again. Don't expect to have a 6G Ranger parked outside your home for a while.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
This has been discussed many times already. The 2023 order banks just opened for the last run of the Gen 5 Ranger. The Gen 6 has not even been revealed for the US yet. The Gen 6 will either be a 2023.5 or more than likely a 2024.
They don't produce half model years. Next gen will be a 2024.

swp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I have a 2019. Is the 23 still the same generation as the 19 in the US?

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
I have a 2019. Is the 23 still the same generation as the 19 in the US?
Yes. 23 is same as 22 . And yours as I am told . That would be minus whatever minor changes are made year to year.
Sponsored