Got my TRD Off Road Yesterday

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Well, after a long wait, my TRD Offroad showed up late on Friday. Had to wait until Saturday to pick it up because the detailers were gone. So far it's been an awesome truck. I've driven it about 50 miles (35 back from the dealer).

My first mod was to use my Carista ODB to turn off the fake engine noise and setup the auto down windows.

As soon as I can get Goodyear to order my tires for my free swap, I'll have 285 70/17's with my new black OZ wheels. I just can't do the machined edge. Also bought my plasti-dip for the front logo.

Not completely sold on the steps. They were a port option. They may be useful once I get the new tires and do a lift.

A couple of questions to people who have these already:

1. How do I turn off the Surround Sound? I've been looking through the menus and can't find it.
2. My granddaughter's car seat won't go all the way down the bench seat in the back because of the angle. Has anyone figured that out? I may have to get a different seat, but she loves that one.
3. Has anyone done the Westcott lift? I'm between that and waiting for the TRD Suspension lift.

2024 Tacoma Got my TRD Off Road Yesterday Taco1
Sponsored

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Beautiful black!! Best color IMO.

Any shots of the interior?
I didnā€™t take any yet. Itā€™s dark out now, so I will take some tomorrow. Itā€™s a premium, so it has the softex seats and stuff. I will Say they are extremely comfortable.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
ā€œCheck out that 4x4. That is hot. Someday, Jennifer. Someday. Wouldn't it be great to take that truck up to the lake? Throw a couple of sleeping bags in the back. Lie out underneath the stars.ā€œ

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Well, after a long wait, my TRD Offroad showed up late on Friday. Had to wait until Saturday to pick it up because the detailers were gone. So far it's been an awesome truck. I've driven it about 50 miles (35 back from the dealer).

My first mod was to use my Carista ODB to turn off the fake engine noise and setup the auto down windows.

As soon as I can get Goodyear to order my tires for my free swap, I'll have 285 70/17's with my new black OZ wheels. I just can't do the machined edge. Also bought my plasti-dip for the front logo.

Not completely sold on the steps. They were a port option. They may be useful once I get the new tires and do a lift.

1. How do I turn off the Surround Sound? I've been looking through the menus and can't find it.
2. My granddaughter's car seat won't go all the way down the bench seat in the back because of the angle. Has anyone figured that out? I may have to get a different seat, but she loves that one.
3. Has anyone done the Westcott lift? I'm between that and waiting for the TRD Suspension lift.

Taco1.jpg
Think there are a few posts on the surround sound and no one can figure out how to shut it off.

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium

Taco1.jpg
I think Wescott has their own thread, but I've seen a few already had it. Personally I'd wait if you know it's just going to be temporary.

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR
Nice truck. I should have my Celestial Silver OR in the next couple of weeks. Which Carista OBD reader do you have and would you recommend it?

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
It worked great. It shut down my engine noise and my seatbelt warnings. I wouldnā€™t mind the seatbelt warning if they werenā€™t so obnoxious. Also, using the fob to open all the windows and sunroof will be nice on hot days. I just got the Carista ODB I think thereā€™s a higher level, but itā€™s so it works with other vehicles and I donā€™t care about that.

Slipstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Meanwhile, here in South Carolina, 3 1/2 months into my $1000 deposit for my TRD Offroad Premium...

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road

Taco1.jpg
I'm curious about that "free swap". How'd you swing that? I'd like to upgrade the tires right away but not sure what the best way to do that is.

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I'm curious about that "free swap". How'd you swing that? I'd like to upgrade the tires right away but not sure what the best way to do that is.
I am a Goodyear Employee. They don't particularly like other tires on the property or on their associates cars, so when you get a new vehicle they let you swap for pretty much whatever you want. It's only for Goodyear Employees.

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I am a Goodyear Employee. They don't particularly like other tires on the property or on their associates cars, so when you get a new vehicle they let you swap for pretty much whatever you want. It's only for Goodyear Employees.
How bout if we become friends and you can do a swap for me?! lol. Just kidding. That's an awesome perk!